Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - October 2024

rsikebjtm1pi.jpg
Here is your Team chat room for October 2024. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land here any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows - contact them any time!

Our Moderators:
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8
Lauren- @lauren_989
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @Megan_smartiepants1970 and [open]
Mission Slimpossible - @Katmary71 and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @ashleycarole86 and @lauren_989
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @19shmoo69
Weight No More - @rachelrjh and @BodyTalking
WaistAways - @MaddawgMadsen
Shape Shifters - @LaurieWrobo and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The October challenge runs for five weeks, from September 29th - October 27th.

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win, and may everyone else get to work on next week!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every single week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leader board. In March we are aiming for every team to hit 50% green every week - let's do this!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or can be moved to the Support Team for as long as you need. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love Introduce or re-introduce yourselves right away, and let's get October on the road!
Β«13456

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,414 Member
    The October Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Sep 29th. Please join us for the Pumpkin Fall Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10924589/october-week-1-group-challenge-pumpkin-fall-challenge#latest

See you in the chat thread...hope to hear from you this week!
    Jessica :blush:
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,187 Member
    Hi Team Mission Slimpossibles, you have a new team member joining. Please welcome @pashin8nz2000!
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 122 Member
    User name: morenin
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    SW: 255
    PW: 216
    CW: 215.2

Welcome, @pashin8nz2000!

I already got a nice walk in going to and from church this morning. The weather is very gray and drizzly, but we need the rain and it was peaceful.
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 123 Member
    Weigh in Day- Saturday
    SW-284
    PW-246.8
    CW-245.8

Hi there everybody! I'm excited for the Fall season and hopefully cooler weather soon.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,972 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH IN DUE NOW:
    @megnolia82 @sleepygirl79 @txcritter69 @laurelfit57
    Reminder To Weigh In Tomorrow To The Following: @vegan4lyfe20@Jactop
    ersWay @Jactop

@pashin8nz2000 Welcome to Mission Slimspobbles! Please jump in and introduce yourself, we're happy you're here!

@jessicakrall8 What a fun challenge I'm in!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,972 Member
    Hi Mission Slimpossibles! I'm Kathy one of your co-captains, I'm joined with my co-captain the amazing @trooworld and our motivator is the wonderful @19shmoo69 . I joined this group at the start of 2019 and am happy to still be here, it's brought a stability to my life I really appreciate and this team has helped me cope with a lot more than just health and fitness. I have CRPS and multiple spine/nerve issues so finding ways to exercise and get through life is a struggle but I'm still hanging in there trying. I hope you come to love this team as much as I do, I look forward to an October of crushing our goals!

I'm in charge of logging everyone's weigh ins. Please try to weigh in on the weigh in day you selected. If you're unable to log while on vacation or for another reason please try to let me know in advance so I can let Lauren, our spreadsheet whiz, know and we can note it so you aren't dropped from the team. I'd appreciate it if you try hard to weigh in on your days as it takes me extra time if you're late or don't weigh in. It helps a lot if you weigh in like this at the top of your post:

Weigh In Day
    Previous Weight:
    Current weight:

Thank you! Let's have an amazing October, ending September tomorrow with my birthday so I'm doing the "things I need to do better on" review of the last year this weekend.

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,820 Member
    Hello Slimpossibles!
    I'm Mica, one of the maintainers of the team.
    I am a semi-retired bookkeeper; I work 3 days a week at a plastics factory. I started my weight loss journey at 220 lbs in 2001. I reached my goal weight of 130 at the end of 2003. But I regained (not all of it) and had some up/down weight cycles of about 3 years each...finally succeeded in maintaining in my range successfully. I've been holding pretty steady since 2019. Determined never to regain.
    Most of my exercise is walking. I do a short strength training workout early in the morning. If weather prevents me from walking, I have a stationary bike and an elliptical for cardio workouts. I sometimes do yoga in the evenings.
    Currently I'm doing an intermittent fasting plan, not to lose weight, but because it helps with my energy and productivity.
    I'm love the autumn πŸ‚ and look forward to another slim month with my teammates πŸ’™

Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 129.1
    CW: 128.7

Maintenance range: 127-133, center weight 130.

-Mica
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,492 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    9ygwjonwjr6a.png
    qnoc1jm29sez.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    j0xvpcnrt6rq.png

By Pounds
    n610j2on9szv.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    czi082xbrg1y.png

By Pounds
    dlk7p06qb1iu.png
    jt6l3302t5nf.png

Team Winners
    2w3jzh9iqne5.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    jmhqr5v3oabg.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,492 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    r8s9219gj73b.png
    66ymndihvsqb.png
    rujtitda3map.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    o2ywlb82kpjx.png

By Pounds
    l0pc3unakugn.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    7qhylhqdt7fn.png

By Pounds
    4s6v0j3jq025.png
    cku44z7lm46z.png

Team Winners
    r6bp2cs2kjj9.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    fbgwwbtle3b3.png
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 285 Member
    Weigh In Sunday: Sept 29
    SW 175
    PW 169.0
    CW 166.4
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 201 Member
    @Katmary71 I’m going to skip this week’s weigh in. I’ve been out of town.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,522 Member
    Hi everyone! A big welcome to the new team members, and welcome back to the returning members, I am so glad you are here!

I am one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with the fabulous @Katmary71! Our motivator is the hilarious and insightful @19shmoo69!

CHECK-IN PROCESS
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

CHANGES TO YOUR WEIGH-IN DAY/WEIGHTS
    If you have any changes to your weigh-in day or reported weights, be sure to tag @Katmary71 who handles all of that stuff. She also handles moving people to cheerleader status/or other status changes.

LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER
    Please share a little bit about you: your name, where you live, and what brought you to the Fat2Fit Challenge Group. Also share anything else you would like to, including any goals for the year. We are here to support and cheer you as you go through your weight loss adventure!

MY INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I live in Southern California with my husband, cute one-eyed pirate pug named Daisy (8 yrs old) and pug pup name Violet who is 2 yrs old. Up until my mid-20s, I was a healthy weight but then the mid-20s hit and along with that came medications that made me gain weight as well as poor lifestyle choices. I am in the process of getting weight loss surgery, I'm just waiting for the surgery date. For exercise, I like to walk with my husband and friends, however I am limited by moderate/severe arthritis in the knees. Besides walking, I do water aerobics. My husband and I love to cook, I've got 8,698 recipes saved but who's counting? LOL Seriously, I do and they are all organized, so if you need a recipe for ANYTHING, let me know! I've got everything from healthy foods to pet treats to recipes for cleaning supplies. :) I have about 85 lbs to lose. My hobbies: reading, making artwork and crafts, photography, and cooking. I do straight-up calorie counting of healthy foods with MFP Premium.

Now, it's your turn! Tell us about YOU!
  • trooworld
    Congrats to the whole team for achieving 3rd place by both percentage and pounds for both the week and the month! A special shoutout goes to @lislisa123 @baodell17724 @vegan4lyfe2012 @megnolia82 and @bethanie0825 for making it onto the leaderboard and leading the way!!! And way to go, @baodell17724 and @laurelfit57 for being in the green all four weeks!

@pashin8nz2000 Welcome to the team!

@morenin Congrats on the loss! How are you feeling? Good job with the walk.

@865jessica @txcritter69 Congrats on the losses!

Hi all. My nose is still stuffy but I'm feeling better. Still taking the Zicam. I didn't go to water aerobics, I was running around with my husband instead. We went for coffee and then took my MIL a birthday gift. Have a great day!_________________________________________

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • trooworld
    @Katmary71 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY BEAUTIFUL WONDERFUL CO-CAPTAIN!!!!
    iyaq513updto.png
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 565 Member
    edited September 30
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 145.4
    CW: 148

+2.6
    😬
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 565 Member
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY @Katmary71 !!!
    πŸ₯³πŸŽˆπŸŽŠπŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 285 Member
    @Katmary71 πŸͺ…πŸŽ‰Have a wonderful Birthday πŸŽŠπŸŽ‚πŸ₯³
  • baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 57 Member
    Congrats to the whole team for achieving 3rd place by both percentage and pounds for both the week and the month! A special shoutout goes to @lislisa123 @baodell17724 @vegan4lyfe2012 @megnolia82 and @bethanie0825 for making it onto the leaderboard and leading the way!!! And way to go, @baodell17724 and @laurelfit57 for being in the green all four weeks!

Thanks!!! I have weight-loss challenges on "MyFitnessPal", Intermittent Fasting, "10,000 steps/day" and the occasional men's OA meeting for not 'falling off the wagon' this month, to thank! Now I just need to get through October, November and December!!! Yikes!!!

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,820 Member
    @Katmary71 - Happy Birthday! πŸ₯³πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽπŸŽ€
    u9nl1p7tj1j9.jpg

-Mica