Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - October 2024

Replies

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Hello everyone! My name is Jennifer and I’m a single 50 year old. I have an American Blue rabbit (her name is Kismet). I have 3 children in their 20s and they have all blessed me…I went from zero to 4 grandchildren in the past 17 months and #5 is due in February! Son Marcus and DIL Ashley have Sophie (17 mo) and are due February 15th (girl). Daughter Sydney has Oliver (8 mo). Daughter Hunter and SIL Michael have Byron (15 mo) and Brayden (3 mo).

I love to rubber stamp (I’m a Stampin’ Up demo) and make cards. I'm an active member of my church, and also love horror movies. I have worked in Community Development at my County for over 19 years.

I have always been a yo-yo dieter, but mainly up. When I lose weight, I can never seem to keep it off for longer than a year. I have 58 pounds to lose (goal is 150). I prefer to track using the old-fashioned 2010 WW points program. I am using a 10 week weight loss planner and absolutely love it, but it still isn’t keeping me 100% motivated. I am using a full-length picture of myself I found recently after I had lost a lot of weight about 12 years ago and printed it up to keep in my wallet. That way, if I open my wallet to get vending machine money, I’ll see it and be deterred. Worked pretty good as I only hit the vending machine twice in the past few weeks.
  • bobboyardee
    bobboyardee Posts: 3 Member

Excited to be part of the team!

Starting Weight: 212.3
    Current Weight: 208.3
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,972 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : WOOHOO we're all weighed in!
    Reminder To Weigh In Tomorrow To The Following: @DrewsAnna @LisaLisa1230
  • Katmary71
    @19shmoo69 Those pup's ears are incredible wow! Vertigo sucks what kind of treatment are you planning on trying?

@bobboyardee We're happy you're here too!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I love your photo by your money that's a great idea!

@DrewsAnna Yum that soup recipe looks and sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing the photo with us too I'll need to try it.

QUESTION: I'm not really motivated it's more I don't want to be as sick as I was when my liver and diabetes were severe I quite like not projectile vomiting randomly throughout the day. Like being strong enough to do my own shopping too!

@trooworld She IS a lot of work! Yikes that sounds uncomfortable I'm always getting my micro current machine wires stuck in stuff and getting the pads torn off my back. Be careful of door handles and seatbelts! I hope the scan goes well. Do you get skinnytaste emails when new recipes come out? She just posted a roasted butternut squash soup with feta that sounds pretty tasty.

@TeresaW2024 Haha how funny playing the slot machine! Now you just push a button so definitely not as cool. I love your reasons you don't give up those are great ones. My neighbor's not quite crazy she's depressed and in pain and real emotional. She IS a lot of work I'm always on time and if I tell you I'll do something I won't back out unless I'm hospitalized so we're very different on respecting other's time. I hope the frustration with the software passes soon, very empathetic of you to think of everyone in Helene.

@baodell17724 Think of something to swap for the Swiss Colony order, maybe some seasonal teas of coffees? I can vouch for Trader Joe's Harvest blend tea, Candy Cane Lake at Christmas, and Yogi's holiday teas are good. I bought stuff to make healthy pumpkin spice creamer but if you're fasting you can't have that then.

@morenin I was going to say you need to keep changing weigh in days but since I'd have to report them I'm not recommending it! If you know you aren't gaining and it's body fluctuations you can always weigh a few days in a row and do the mean of them.

@AmbersWay You're down as a no-weigh-in for last week, it won't be a problem unless it happens two times in a row.

@FushiaKat There she is! Oh definitely check out what the new ride is in case you want to use it. Good call to take it easy between being sick and shots.

Hi team! Spent the morning at the greenhouse then grocery shopping. I got the grant application delivered with all pertinent information so fingers crossed we get it! Tomorrow night we're having a meeting with a few board members to plan Let It Snow, I'm one of the leaders for it and we need to start planning the “wheels” and helmets (qualifying children come and get to shop toys and get a “wheel” and helmet which is my charity's responsibility). My house is a huge mess from being on the go so much lately so I have some major cleaning to do tonight and tomorrow! I'm making those chicken enchiladas for us then one for a friend who's son just got out of the hospital.

Have a great Wednesday!
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 124 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @morenin I was going to say you need to keep changing weigh in days but since I'd have to report them I'm not recommending it! If you know you aren't gaining and it's body fluctuations you can always weigh a few days in a row and do the mean of them.

That's a good idea. I'll see what happens this coming weigh in day, maybe it will be better this week. If not, the mean might be the best option for a more accurate view.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 565 Member

@katmary71 wow you had a jam packed birthday!! Sounds like fun except for the flakey neighbour. Why is it there is always one in the neighborhood??

@Drewsanna that soup looks delicious!! Thank you for sharing the recipe, I think I will try to make a batch of that :-).

@trooworld You are such an organized person! My little ADHD brain has no organization going on🤣. Would you by any chance have a recipe hack for the Costco cilantro lime sauce that they use in their chicken taco kits? I love that and honestly buy the taco kits just for that, of course I eat the rest :-). I had to wear that heart monitor a few years ago, pain in the Butuzke! I was so glad to get those electrodes off and have a shower!

@TeresaW2024 I am a person who has to keep my blood sugar pretty constant, otherwise I definitely get dizzy. So many people say that before they go for a work out they either don't eat or eat very little, I tried that once, I felt dizzy and the next thing I knew I was on the floor 😣. My trainer at the time felt horrible because he was the one who told me I shouldn't be eating breakfast before I came. I agree with you, I don't know what happened to not only September but the whole summer!! hopefully things will get up with your software soon! I have a friend who is house in treasure Island Florida. Over the years they took such care to really make the house what they wanted. They had very cool things like a real jukebox from the 1960s, There were so many things that were irreplaceable. She said that she was grateful, their house is still standing, but the water line was 4 feet. The pictures were unbelievable, nothing was salvageable in their house and it was all full of muck, even a few dead fish.

@19shmoo69 that has to be such a relief to find out that it is vertigo and there is treatment! Those ears are everything! Do they always stay up or is it just the way she/he is sitting? Soooooo cute!!

I thought I was going to have a super chill day today and try to get some things done around the house. The things I had planned for out of the house took me three times as long as I anticipated, so I got nothing done around the house 🤣. Took both of the dogs to agility training tonight, Ty is actually really coming along. She will start doing as I ask and suddenly puppy brain will take over. Off she goes to the other side of the arena, but she does come back and she didn't used to do that 🤣.
    I was able to stay on track today and tracked all my food :-).
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,265 Member
    For the most part the puppy’s ears are always elevated.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,073 Member
    I'm back, but have been busy.

@micaroo4 - thank you SO much for the ideas on photo organizing and decluttering. I have saved them for future reference and I really appreciate you taking the time to do that.

Lisa
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 250 Member
    @19shmoo69 I’m sorry you have been diagnosed with vertigo but what great news that it’s not a stroke or heart attack. Getting treatment for vertigo is good news. AND…those ears!!!! <3

@Katmary71 I hope you get the grant that you applied for! How long do you have to wait to find out? What are the “wheels” you are discussing with the charity event you are putting together? Nice of you to provide a meal for your friend. :)

@laurelfit57 Yeah, if you have blood sugar issues, you need to watch it so you don’t end up on the floor. I’m so sorry your friend has suffered so much damage in their home. I’ve been watching many videos of the storm that people have posted. Just horrifying! How old is Ty? She is such a character. :)

@Cornanda, I hope everything went well with your parents. <3

Good morning! I was thrilled that my church program was up and running when I went into the office yesterday. I was stressed for nothing! :) Today, I’m going to take Joe out, and we are going to go to lunch and Hobby Lobby. I want to look for some fall decorations for our front porch and, of course, check out the Christmas stuff. I also want to run to Lowes and buy a mum. I think the weather here is finally done with summer. It's time to dig out the sweatshirts!! :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,522 Member
    @TeresaW2024 I do hate is so much! LOL Thank you, I hope so too. I am and yes, I am getting excited! :D September was very fast indeed. Oh gosh, that stinks about the church's software! I hope it gets figured out soon. Yes, Helene is a good reminder to be prepared. Not that I am at all lol. Oh I see that your program came back up, yay!!! Have fun at HL!

@baodell17724 It sounds like you will have a better holiday season this year. And good reasons to stay on track!

@bobboyardee Way to go! BTW, I love your username and avatar: I used to love Chef Boyardee when I was growing up and it brings back fond memories! :D

@19shmoo69 That's good that it is a type of vertigo and can be fixed. I suffer from vertigo on occasion and it is terrible, so I feel you. Aww, his ears are incredible!

@Katmary71 Yeah the electrodes have already fell off a few times, I'm ready to take this whole thing off lol. Thank you! I do get the emails. I want to try that butternut squash soup, it looks amazing! Good job with getting the grant done, I'm sure that's a load off your mind. Enjoy the enchiladas (that's really nice of you, btw).

@laurelfit57 Yes, I am, at work and in other areas of my life but my house is a mess lol. I do not have that recipe, that is probably the only recipe I do not have lol. I do have a cilantro lime chicken marinade, I don't know if it is close since I don't go to Costco: https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2017/06/4-healthy-easy-chicken-marinade/ I hate this monitor and want to throw it against the wall lol.

Hi all. I have another doctor's appointment this morning. This week is full of them. I am so thirsty right now, I can't drink or eat anything until after the procedure.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 902 Member
    Lislisa123
    Wednesdays
    PW: 297.2lbs
    CW: 295.0lbs

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 565 Member
    @TeresaW2024 ty is 10 months old, I can't believe how to fast time has flown. So glad to hear that your church program was up and running again! It sounds like you are going to have a lovely time with Joe! You really get a Headstart on Christmas lol

@trooworld it's hard not to have a cluttered house with dogs lol. The sauce from Costco is a creamy sauce to put on the tacos. I have tried a few different recipes, but none of them really stand up. what is wrong with your monitor L O L?? I hope your doctors appointment wasn't too late, that's hard when you haven't had any fluids.

No idea what is up with me today I am just exhausted for some reason. I was supposed to do an agility class both with Vannie and Ty separately, I just did. Ty's as her was first,I bailed on Vannie I can't hardly keep my eyes open. This is just a quick check in, I'm going to put my feet up and try to stay awake until 9 PM
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 367 Member
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in Wednesday
    PW 166.6
    CW 165.3

@19shmoo69 I love your doggo and those cute ears ❤️❤️

Lol... what is this about a declutter list, I feel like I missed something.

It was a pleasant surprise to see a loss, I really didn't think I would. Tonight for dinner I had some chicken parmesan cracked pepper sausages (Aidells) and Spinach & cheese ravioli. I was quite surprised to see that hey we're made with all clean ingredients. Annnnd, it tasted so good.

Today was a really good day. I got a clean bill of health from my Thyrhoid Dr. So, I decided to walk home, I made it half a mile, lol... in my defense it was all up hill. Oh well, I tried...

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,820 Member
    smjtiopn5wvx.jpg
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW:
    @DrewsAnna
    Reminder To Weigh In Tomorrow To The Following: @askewcr

@TeresaW2024 Wheels: skateboards, bikes, scooters, roller skates, roller blades (then helmets), we've done bikes or scooters the last couple years and figure this would give those kids another option if they're stlil good with their bike from last year.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,522 Member
    @Lislisa123 Congrats on the loss!

@laurelfit57 You are right! OH I see. Yeah I've never had it so I didn't know what it was like. I don't think I have anything creamy like that. It sounds yummy though! Oops I should have been more specific: the heart monitor! It was really annoying. Luckily, I was able to take it off yesterday. Luckily, the appointment was at 8 so not too late (although I get up so early, it was late lol). Sounds like you need a nap! I hope you got one.

@DrewsAnna Congrats on the loss! @micaroo4 was kind enough to do a declutter challenge for the group. It's worth looking back at, it's good motivation and good info. It was last week.

Hi all. Today's medical appointment is a nuclear stress test that lasts 3-4 hours. I'm groggy because I can't have any caffeine, not even decaf coffee or decaf tea. I'm ready for the weekend already.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 250 Member
    @Katmary71 Thanks and yes, I now remember that you have done this charity in the past. Such a nice thing to do for kiddos. :)

@trooworld I hope all goes well with the test. You need a restful weekend for sure! :)

Good morning! Yesterday, Joe and I had a very nice time. He did great and didn’t get dizzy once. We ate at our favorite BBQ place, Jim ‘n Nicks, and then went to Hobby Lobby. I didn’t buy anything for the fall, but I did buy a Christmas tree collar and some LED candles that I will put in the fireplace. Today, I will work out and get some housework done. Have a great day! :)