askewcr
    Weigh in Thursday
    PW 256
    CW 253.5
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited October 3
    Thursday Ice Breaker Question

What type of exercise gear do you workout in?

I know with my walking/ running my wife makes sure I have good shoes. I lean towards Sauconey and Brooks (when they’re on sale). I used to buy the fancy name brand gym clothes hoping it would motivate me. Now it’s just shorts and a shirt. Heck they don’t even have to match. Lol
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,820 Member
    Nothing special. My workouts are at home, and usually just shorts and t-shirt. In the winter, I might workout in my long underwear. My shoes are vital - I have Brooks and Kuru. I rotate through 3 or 4 pairs at a time.
    -Mica
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited October 3
    Send me prayers and good vibes, please. Hunter is on my last nerve. For those that are newer, Hunter is my youngest daughter. She's 24. She and her 2 babies (4 months and 16 months) have been living with me since April when she and her husband separated. They have been back together, but are having a hard time finding an apartment because their credit sucks. I won't allow him to live with us, too, as then they REALLY wouldn't motivate to get a place. Anyway, they drive me insane. Messes everywhere, rearranging my kitchen, acting like I don't help with anything (when I seriously do)...basically just pissing me off beyond all levels of pissivity. Sorry for being so foul. I tell them all the time they need to get out. They have until December 1st. I just want to pull my hair and scream. Instead, I'm constantly reaching for the worst foods possible with my feelings of being so out of control with so many aspects of my life.

On a lighter note, Oliver touched grass for the first time yesterday...Grammy had to save him!
    i2l5c3fyus4a.jpg
    qxxu9b1le3gc.jpg
    9rm8pxw9j91u.jpg
    0336aes2mveh.jpg
    0woqlxveeqia.jpg

• baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 57 Member
    Send me prayers and good vibes, please. Hunter is on my last nerve. For those that are newer, Hunter is my youngest daughter. She's 24. She and her 2 babies (4 months and 16 months) have been living with me since April when she and her husband separated. They have been back together, but are having a hard time finding an apartment because their credit sucks. I won't allow him to live with us, too, as then they REALLY wouldn't motivate to get a place. Anyway, they drive me insane. Messes everywhere, rearranging my kitchen, acting like I don't help with anything (when I seriously do)...basically just pissing me off...

Do they/y'all live in a state-county-city which provides housing assistance for families with young children. In NJ, where I once lived, they do. Though they do have a waiting list. If your daughter is being ungrateful (I'm guessing she's not working, and contributing to YOUR expenses), maybe she needs a dose of tough love, as many states do have shelters for mothers (only) and their children. Dads usually must go to a men's shelter to sleep, unfortunately.

Sending you a truck full of stamina to get through all this angst!!!

• DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 367 Member
    @Katmary71 it's there, but I will post again.

DrewsAnna
    Weigh in Wednesday
    PW 166.6
    CW 165.3
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,972 Member
    edited October 4
    @DrewsAnna Your weight wasn't up when I responded, for some reason it hadn't posted the night before and I reposted it in the morning (had absolutely no time to see if anyone posted before I woke up as I was running out the door) so I missed @micaroo4 's meme too. Forgive me for it not reposting on time.

WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : No One, woohoo!
    Reminder To Weigh In Tomorrow: @Cornanda @bethanie0825 @davors19 @nz2000
  • Katmary71
    @Cornanda Welcome back!

@TeresaW2024 Grant I think it was mid November. If we'd been more organized (I've been trying to get the treasurer to meet for grant writing prep and he hasn't made time yet) we could've asked for more but I did my best with the short time we had. That's great news on the program being up! There's some beautiful lush mums at Costco and Trader Joe's right now, I tend to get them for my birthday and didn't this year but have three from the last few years. Sounds like you and Joe had a great day sounds like the perfect fall things to do.

@trooworld I got everything for the butternut squash soup recipe but probably won't get around to it until next week, it does sound amazing! Feta is one of my favorite cheeses and I love butternut squash. Weirdly Trader Joe's only had pumpkin seeds with shells on or pumpkin spice-flavored no plain raw ones to sprinkle on the top of the soup so now I'm on a search for them. Those electrodes are so annoying, between purses, door handles, and seatbelts they're real hard to get around with! The woman I'm working with gave me a holder that I can put on my pocket and that helps. I'm glad you're done with it!

@laurelfit57 Sounds like you really needed the rest I'm glad you chose to take it easy. I'm doing that tonight I'm totally worn out and having margaritas has my pain worse today so I think I'm going to sleep in tomorrow.

@DrewsAnna @micaroo4 Did an awesome cleaning/decluttering challenge for the last week of September, definitely scroll back through the September thread. I need to do that and save them she did an amazing job! Congratulations on the loss! I love Aidells sausages. Great news on the thyroid yay!

@micaroo4 Send me one of those Ironmen I need one!

ICE BREAKER QUESTION Shorts and sports bra if I'm at home (leggings when it's not so hot) then for the farm leggings and a tee and these days a flannel as it's a little colder. The gym I always wore leggings and a tee, I didn't realize I loved fun leggings since I always just wore black to fade into the woodwork.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Sending prayers up for all of you! Hugs I'm sorry things are so stressful right now, you have definitely been a huge help to Hunter and the kids. Poor Oliver that prickly green stuff is the WORST! I just want to give him the biggest hug! I wish I could come pick you up and treat you to see that new Smile horror movie and get your mind off things!

Hi everyone! Our meeting last night went well planning things out, I was up late and couldn't sleep well after margaritas and have been exhausted all day. Greenhouse this morning went by fast, I'm happy all the garden club greenhouse stuff will be out for the sale soon, we're moving it tomorrow afternoon to the building our sale is in. My Dad visited for a bit and helped with some things that needed repairs here. I think I forgot to say I rented a garden bed at a community garden, after we get the plant sale behind us I can get dirt there and bring the tray I have in the greenhouse for winter. Sucks as I wanted to put money into garden beds at home but until I get the deer to stay out I'm cutting back on my garden. I got my x-ray done for my surgeon appointment (almost a year since the fusion revision/another fusion) and took my friend a big meal, turns out Covid is going through the family so I added teas, soups, and noodles. Still trying to get my head back to eating better, I was doing well until my medication issue too. Anyhow have a great Friday!
  • micaroo4
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - I'm sorry things are so stressful for you right now! Prayers that Hunter will find a place by December 1st so you can have peace once again and have your home be YOUR home. Hugs and prayers for all of you!
    -Mica
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,073 Member
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 175
    CW: 177.4

+2.4
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,073 Member
    Hi, I'm Lisa
    I live in FL with my husband and adult daughter. Son moved out a few weeks ago. (yay for him!) I've struggled with weight since young adulthood, but am really struggling now due to my "mature" age of 56. I need to get things moving in the right direction. I've been in the group for a few years now.

@19shmoo69- glad it was only vertigo. I love your dogs ears!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - Sending you hugs and stamina- that's hard

Sounds like everyone else is doing well. I didn't have great results with talking to my Dad about Mom's care, but I said everything that needed to be said. Hopefully some seeds were planted that will grow. The issue is that Mom is needing more help every day and Dad is going to burn himself out without some help and time to himself. I'm glad I was able to go see them and the weather in WI was beautiful!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,522 Member
    @TeresaW2024 Thank you, it was okay: they said I wouldn't feel sick from the medication but I kind of did. I laid down in my car on my lunch break and took a nap. I felt okay after I woke up. Unfortunately, this weekend is packed with stuff! :( I'm so glad you had a nice time out and about with Joe. The pics you share of your decorations always look so nice. I can't wait to see your new stuff in place, I hope you share pics!

@askewcr Congrats on the loss!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm so sorry, Jennifer. That sounds like such a tough situation. You must be so stressed. Big hugs and good thoughts your way.Those pics of baby Oliver, oh my gosh, so funny and cute! Grammy saved that baby! LOL

@Cornanda I was just going to ask how it went. I'm sorry it didn't go as you wanted it to go. At least you told him what you wanted/needed to say. That's a bright spot that the weather was nice! Hugs.

@Katmary71 Let us know how it is when you make it. That's weird that TJs didn't have plain pumpkin seeds. I find them at the international market or a Mexican market (pepitas). I am so glad not to have to deal with those electrodes anymore! LOL That's good you have a holder now. Wow, more places to garden? You must be excited about the community garden patch! I hope the x-rays show an improvement, what do you think?

Thursday Ice Breaker Question: What type of exercise gear do you work out in?
    Depends on if it is on land or water! LOL For land: I just wear yoga pants and homemade t-shirts and my ever-present Hokas. For water: I have a cute one-piece bathing suit I feel okay in that I use for water aerobics.

Hi all. I have an appt with my primary care doctor to see about getting a cortisone shot for my knee as it still bothers me. I haven't been to the zoo in many months because of my knee and I'm hoping I can get back to going on a regular basis. We are going to see a band at this fancy cocktail lounge tonight. I guess I'll have to find something to wear that is on the dressier side. I know we probably won't feel like going when it's closer to leaving but I already bought the tickets. It should be fun.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 124 Member
    I'm on a downward trend this week, down to 211.6. I'm so close to my mini-goal of 210!

I generally wear a pair of shorts, a sturdy bra, lace up sneakers, sports socks, and a t-shirt.
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN TODAY
    : @bethanie0825 @davors19 @pashin8nz2000
    Reminder To Weigh In Tomorrow To The Following: @baodell17724 @865jessica @Digger61 @gemwolf110

On a little early, not sure when I'll be back from moving all the plants to the plant sale building but will try to catch up tonight.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Bethanie0825
    Friday
    PW -255.2
    CW - 254.2
  • micaroo4
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 128.7
    CW: 127.4

Maintenance range: 127-133
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 211.6
    Today’s Weight: 210.5
  • baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 57 Member
    User Name: @baodell17724
    Weigh-in day: SATURDAY

Start W: 286.2 (6/1/24)
    Past W: 239.6
    Current W: 236.8

- 2.8 lbs
  • micaroo4
    Today, I look forward to making the Jamaican Curry Squash Soup, baking Harvest Pumpkin Bread, and fixing mini-meatloaves with quinoa and peas for Rich's lunches. I might even visit Apple Harvest Day festival downtown.

@baodell17724 - another nice weight loss week for you! Congratulations! Your efforts are paying off!

-Mica