bethanie0825 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Bethanie0825
    Day - Friday
    PW - 254.5
    CW - 250.8
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,111 Member
    Happy Saturday-

The 5% challenge seems complicated- there's at least 3 different threads to post in. I hope I am up to the challenge of figuring it out.

Stridekick- I was having the same problems as the rest of you. I logged in on my computer and changed my password. Then I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. It seems to be working fine now. I did have to re-add my Fitbit to the app.

Lots to do today- catch up from bad weather days this week- Aldi, grocery delivery, need to stop at Target, and also get my flu shot. My work is 99.9% remote- I went on site once last year. But the possibility of having to go on site means I can't be excused from the flu shot. :(

Lisa
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 210.5
    Today’s Weight: 212.3
  • baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 125 Member
    User Name: @baodell17724
    Weigh-in day: SATURDAY

Start W: 286.2 (6/1/24)
    Past W: 236.8
    Current W: 234.8

- 2.0 lbs

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 4,008 Member
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 217
    Today’s Weight: 217
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,587 Member
    @19shmoo69 It was me that had to give up coffee...but only for yesterday morning lol. I had a procedure done that required fasting.

@lislisa123 I'm so glad to hear you all are safe. I hope next week's storm misses you as well.

@micaroo4 Thank you for the fall picture! I love the fall colors and miss them very much.

@bethanie0825 @baodell17724 Congrats on the losses!

@Cornanda Good luck with everything and have a great Saturday.

Hi all. Endoscopy went okay, The procedure itself took 8 minutes. I was awake enough during the whole procedure to realize what was going on and hear the noises my body was making (which were pretty darned strange). I don't know if that is normal to be awake but that is how it was. My throat was a tiny bit sore immediately afterwards but the soreness went away within the hour.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 125 Member
    Weigh in Day- Saturday
    PW-242.6
    CW- 246
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,477 Member
    The October Week 3 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, October 13th. Please join us for a great week of getting questions answered and promoting great discussion about your health journey. It will be AWESOME! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10925487/october-week-3-group-challenge-ask-a-question-challenge#latest

See you in the chat thread!
    Jessica :blush:
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 594 Member
    edited October 13
    @Cornanda yay for the 5% challenge! Maybe it will shake things up for some of us, especially me :-) :-)

@katmary71 I love that veggie platter picture!

I did a hot in yoga stretch class yesterday, I am so stiff today I feel like I can't even sit down I am so stiff and sore🤣. I used to do two of these classes a week, over the summer a lot of things slid. I really need to get back on my game.
    I did a new class today with Ty with a young trainer who was awesome and very patient with us. When we got home both Ty and I were very hungry. I keep telling myself I am going to buy a bunch of raw veggies, cut them up and have them in the fridge. Well I keep buying the veggies, I never cut them up and they just go bad. I don't know why I got away from raw veggies I always have a small salad with lunch and one serving of cooked veggies with supper, I don't feel like that's enough. On the way back from training today I stopped at the grocery store and picked up a platter of already washed and cut up veggies. I have never bought pre-done veggies before but I have already eaten a big plate of them :-). Come to find out, Ty enjoys broccoli, cauliflower, celery and especially carrots. I thought she was just going to take them from my hand and go play with them, she's actually eating them all🤣. Thanksgiving here tomorrow so my plan is to eat a big salad before I go out to the farm for Thanksgiving dinner.
    For those Canadians in the group, a very happy Thanksgiving and to the rest of you I hope you have a great Sunday.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,997 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE LOG WEIGH-IN NOW:
    @pashin8nz2000 @Jactop
    Reminder To Weigh In Tomorrow To The Following: @19shmoo69 @megnolia82 @sleepygirl79 @txcritter69 @laurelfit57 @morenin
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 416 Member
    The 5% challenge started today. I think I posted every where I was supposed to.

I went to a birthday/Halloween party for 2 of my grand beauties. I dressed up a little. It was fun until the older kids started having a "cake fight", I was like NOPE, and left shortly there after. Before I left I helped my daughter clean up a little.

ogx2q10m2mu9.jpg
  • Katmary71
    @laurelfit57 Thank you! Those are veggies I put in at the farm I only brought home some micro greens. Sounds like brunch and the theater went real well, wtg! That's depressing being so sore after not doing an exercise for awhile, I hope you're able to build back up soon. LOL so YOU will have to start eating more raw veggies to share with Ty! I was absolutely shocked I put micro greens in a bowl and my cats were munching on them, who knew?!? Happy Thanksgiving!

@trooworld Thank you! Smart to look up info about the endoscopy, I'm glad it went well! Do they put you in twilight sleep for that?

@askewcr Looks like you're getting it you had a great weigh-in!

@morenin I'm so glad you're taking the increase in stride yay for a thinner face! LOL I know you're frustrated but I had to laugh at how freakin frustrating weight loss can be!

@DrewsAnna I think a lot of times having stuff like candy and soda it's not like you had a ton of calories but the sodium and sugar cause issues. Hang in there you got this! Great walking!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you! I'm so glad to hear Oliver's seizure condition can be managed with medication, still shooting up prayers for him! I hope the gene mapping gives some answers the more knowledge the better. Awesome I don't recall if I sent you chair videos but I'm more than willing to. Resistance bands are awesome I think you'll be surprised how strong you can get with them.

@Cornanda What an amazing shot of Gus, wow! Your husband had some great advice congrats on an awesome weigh-in! I hope you get all your items done, sounds like a busy day!

MOST USED EMOJI is a heart.

@gemwolf110 Wow the aurora borealis is so beautiful!

@TeresaW2024 I hope you have a wonderful time at the potuck, it sounds fun!

@lisalisa123 You're welcome, thank goodness that storm missed you and everyone is safe. I hope this next possible one falls apart! I can't imagine living with hurricanes they're so frightening.

@micaroo4 You are awesome thank you for getting the weigh in before you leave I appreciate you! Those trees are so beautiful! That's one thing after my back surgery last year that helped was seeing all the beautiful trees when walking to rehab.

@19shmoo69 Woohoo let's rock and roll for the weekend!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING my Canadian friends!

Took awhile to catch up I'm glad to see lots of posts! I had an awesome time at the concert, they put on a great show. We didn't get to Reno until about 5 then we left at 8AM so my brother would be able to work both days. He won enough playing blackjack to treat us to breakfast. I rested most of yesterday then today I got all the dirt for my rented garden bed and filled it then got most the plants

in, I'll post my two collages of each when I'm done. Filling that garden bed was hard work it's been awhile since I sweat that much, hopefully it burned off all the junk I had out-of-town! Tomorrow I'm going to breakfast at The Grange with the 4A kids serving then tomorrow night is Volunteer Appreciation Night with the charity at a Mexican restaurant. I'll have to check on my garden bed too until everything's settled. Did great today with food but tomorrow's another challenging day, the breakfast isn't that bad but Mexican food at night is challenging. Have a great Sunday!

0pknh1sfum5t.jpg
    hmgnko7llull.jpg
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,961 Member
    Good morning from Bar Harbor Maine!

OMG, it's shoulder to shoulder people here for Columbus Day weekend. It was cool and breezy yesterday, and I wished I'd brought my down parka - but that would be ridiculous when it's 50°F! I'd better toughen up if I'm going to get through winter!

We're planning to do some hiking today, but rain is expected later this afternoon and into tomorrow morning. Rich's birthday is tomorrow. It seems like it always rains on his birthday, or he's sick for his birthday. I'll take the rain if it means he gets to stay healthy - seems like a fair trade.

-Mica
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 261 Member
    edited October 13
    @trooworld, I’m glad the endoscopy went well. How strange to be aware of what is happening. :)

@laruelfit57 Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope you have a wonderful day with your family. Buying already cut-up veggies is an excellent idea if it means you will eat them! :)

@DrewsAnna, You make an adorable pumpkin! :)

@Katmary71 I’m glad you enjoyed the concert. The pictures are great! Good luck with all your eating events. Do you garden in the winter too? :)

@micaroo4 I would love to be in Maine at this time of year! I hope Rich stayed healthy and that you could enjoy his birthday. :)

Good morning! Today is our chorale concert and potluck lunch. This is my only meal for the day, so I will enjoy it by eating only the things I really want and controlling myself at the dessert table. In two weeks, we have our ladies' tea, and I bought a new outfit that fits but will fit better if I can lose about 4 or 5 lbs, so that is my focus. You all have a great day! :)
  • trooworld
    @laurelfit57 Those classes always sound tough lol. That was a good idea to get the precut veggies. Good job eating them, too! That's great that Ty likes veggies. Our dogs do, too, especially carrots and grape tomatoes. I can't believe it's Thanksgiving already. Have a nice time and Happy Thanksgiving!

@DrewsAnna I would have left, too! No cake fights for me! LOL I love the pic. The background is fun and you look super cute!

@Katmary71 They didn't do twilight, they injected 3 drugs into an IV and it wasn't quite twilight. But it was enough that I didn't cause them problems lol. Scary enough, one of those drugs was fentanyl! I'm glad you had a good time at the concert. That was a quick trip! Yay for a free breakfast! That's a lot of eating out lol. I hope you enjoy it and have a great Sunday. Great pics, you are so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

@micaroo4 I am glad you are having a good time. Happy healthy birthday to Rich!

@TeresaW2024 Thanks. It WAS strange! I hope you enjoy the potluck. You got this.

Hi all. I didn't do too much yesterday. I did grocery shopping and then I had a Spanish lesson with a new tutor. After that, we took the dogs to Pug Rescue San Diego's Halloween pug party. We didn't stay too long as it was hot and Violet started to get overstimulated and began barking at people. Today, I am donating blood this morning and working on a base/platform for my Halloween display: a friend at work gave me a pirate ship and I'm making a platform that has water with waves for the ship. I've never tried this technique before so we'll see how it goes.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

• laurelfit57
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 147
    CW: 147.8

+.08
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,306 Member
    19Shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 243
    C. W. 243
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 288 Member
    Weigh In Sunday: October 13
    SW 175
    PW 168.8
    CW 168.6
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 137 Member
    morenin
    Sunday
    SW: 255
    PW: 210.1
    CW: 214.7

After gaining almost 5 lb. in a week for no apparent reason, I'm a wee bit frustrated. I shall now go sulk with my flavored, sugar free water!
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 205 Member
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW:226.4
    CW: 226
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW:
    @megnolia82
    Reminder To Weigh In Tomorrow To The Following: @AmbersWay @Jactop @bobboyardee
  • Katmary71
    @DrewsAnna I love your outfit you look beautiful! I don't blame you for not getting in the cake fight!

@micaroo4 Have a wonderful vacation, happy birthday to Rich!

@TeresaW2024 Thank you! Yes I garden in winter, the fall stuff will keep going so it's cool weather stuff. Have a wonderful time at your concert and potluck!

@trooworld Oh boy so if they use fentanyl you know without it you'd be hurting! Thank you! When is your trip to Spain is it scheduled? It's Spain not Mexico right? I'm like Violet I bark at people when I get overstimulated too, lol. I'm curious to see how your technique goes!

@laurelfit57 I'm sorry to hear the challenge didn't work out. We'd love to have you check in here daily!Apples and oranges are a great idea, I'm sure you'll do great getting your fruit.

Hi team! Am having a pretty good day but my deer “friend” is back, poor Jasper was whimpering earlier staring out the window and I saw the deer staring in the window when I got up, hahahaha. It's being a PITA insisting being in the yard, I at least harvested all the kale and Swiss chard before he does. I skipped pancakes this morning and just had eggs and a sausage at breakfast. Next up is the charity volunteer appreciation so I'm heading out there soon. Have a great Monday!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,524 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    kgx161c4duai.png
    13n8iv3refd3.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    ie1kf6n7dava.png

By Pounds
    go92vl6a6n8m.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    pi1iq6ndofp2.png

By Pounds
    pxwxpc6o41ky.png
    461890ngsnea.png

Team Winners
    kygw10patcl5.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    m7j24cxypcmk.png
  • laurelfit57
    Starting Weight: 147.8
    Goal Weight: 140

Tracking📉: ✅
    Fruit 2🍉: ✅
    Veggies 5 🥦 : ✅
    Protein 90🍗: ✅
    Water 72 oz 💧 :❌
    No snacking after 7: ✅
    Exercise 60 min👟: ✅

10/13: 147.8
    10/27:
    11/3:
    11/10:
    11/17:
    11/24:
    12/1:
    12/8:
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,961 Member
    Sharing a few quick pics of Acadia National Park from our hikes and walks yesterday:
    fpe0st94hmum.jpg

teueaccaubmd.jpg

p5sbjvtv2g4n.jpg

dn4ypn5shjuj.jpg

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,111 Member
    @micaroo4- beautiful pix!

@laurelfit57 is right, the %5 is complicated- not in what you are doing, but too many threads to post in. However, I am feeling energized by having a very specific goal in mind for once, so I will keep on with it.

Have a good week!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    @morenin Congrats on achieving 1st place by pounds!!! And a shoutout goes to @bethanie0825 and @Cornanda for making it onto the leaderboard. Way to go!

@morenin I'm sorry about the gain. I bet next week, you'll see a big drop. Hang in there.

@laurelfit57 Oh that sounds nice. Balance is important! I am going to put the pirate ship on the platform on top of a side table by the TV. I ordered these really cool pirate skeletons (they are 3D printed, I just have to paint them when they arrive) that have swords and armor. I will put the skeletons on the beach. I'm so excited! That's too bad about the challenge, it does seem like a lot of people had trouble with it. That's great that you will post it here. I think it's a great idea! Good job getting the convenience fruits. Good job yesterday!

@sleepygirl79 Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 Yeah that's true! No, it's Mexico City, MX. We haven't scheduled it (yet), probably late 2025. LOL Violet is funny but embarrassing when all these other pugs were behaving themselves! I'll post a pic of my display after I paint the base. So far, so good! I'll post a couple of pics of it in process and then the finished pic. That deer, poor Jasper!

@micaroo4 That's really lovely. What a wonderful place to hike!

Hi all. I achieved my 3-gallon donation yesterday at the blood bank! They gave me a certificate and some Halloween socks (everyone who donates this month gets the socks). After that, my DH and I went for coffee and ran some errands. We came home and I took a nap, the blood donation wore me out. I worked on my Halloween display platform: now it is drying and then I will paint it. Today, I have work and a phone appointment with the cardiologist to go over the test results.

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 261 Member
    edited October 14
    @laurelfit57 I would love it if we Baptists could find another way to socialize with each other without requiring casseroles and dessert tables. Wishful thinking, I’m afraid but I did really well this time. ;) I didn’t even try to do the 5% club because I don’t spend enough time on my computer other than early mornings. I think you holding yourself accountable here is totally fine. :)

@Katmary71 What if you got some deer spray to keep them away? I also heard that they don’t like human pee, either. Just saying! :D

@micaroo4 Great pictures! What a blessing to be able to walk in such beauty. :)

@trooworld, how are the Spanish lessons coming along? Violet and Maggie seem to have the same temperament when overly stimulated. I can’t wait to see your Halloween display! :)

Good morning! Yesterday's chorale group was fantastic! Everyone was blown away by how good these college kids were. The potluck went fine, and I didn’t eat that much. I only had one small piece of German chocolate cake from the dessert table, so that was a win! I’m starting week 5 of my 8-week workout program and plan to push myself by upping my weights when I can. I want every muscle to be crying this week from my efforts. Those pants I want to fit into for the lady's tea will fit! Have a great day! :)