Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - October 2024

Replies

• baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 57 Member
    micaroo4 wrote: »
    @baodell17724 - another nice weight loss week for you! Congratulations! Your efforts are paying off!

Thank you! Yes, I put in a little more work this week... looking forward to starting the 5% challenge for extra motivation!

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited October 5
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 215
    Today’s Weight: 217
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,522 Member
    @TeresaW2024 I did get it! I hope it helps. The band was a lot of fun. I think you guys would have enjoyed the band. I hope you enjoy the haircut and you get the banking thing straightened out. Awww, the kids are cute!

@bethanie0825 @gemwolf110 @baodell17724 Congrats on the losses!

@micaroo4 Those sound yummy. I hope you get to visit the festival, that sounds fun!

Hi all. I got my shot and it didn't hurt to get because she numbed it first. We did go out last night, it was a lot of fun. I saw a coworker there but we didn't sit with them because they had a full table. We sat by ourselves until it got busy and this lovely younger couple who were celebrating their 1st wedding anniversary came and asked if they could sit with us. We ended up hitting it off, they were from Ohio (like me) and we had a great time. We may get together with them again in the future. The band had a "rat pack" 60s Las Vegas vibe. Here are a few pictures from last night.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
    wg86h888rcs7.png
    jarp6quoaiie.jpg

• 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 123 Member
    Weigh in Day- Saturday
    PW-245.8
    CW-242.6
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 308 Member
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 263
    CW: 263
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,414 Member
    The October Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, October 6th. Please join us for the Move it More Challenge. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10925074/october-week-2-group-challenge-move-it-more-challenge/p1?new=1

Look forward to seeing you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 565 Member
    @Vegan4lyfe I feel your pain with living with your daughter. I have two kids that I could live with in a heartbeat and two kids who I would never allow back here unless under very dire circumstances🤣. I will definitely be sending good thoughts your way. Awww poor Oliver, that first grass is always such a shock. I LOVE pissivity I think I will be using it on a regular basis🤣.

@Katmary71 I know deer can be such a problem, hopefully that gets sorted out real quick!

@Cornanda i'm sorry you didn't get the results you were hoping for when you spoke with your parents, that's so hard! But I'm sure that you gave your dad some things to think about, the seeds are planted♥️

@Micaroo4 thank you so much for those organizational tips, especially the ones about the pictures. I think I am going to be scrolling back to get all of your tips!

@trooworld you always look so cool! It looks like the venue for your outing was amazing, so much fun!

19shmoo69 happy anniversary! Love seeing a picture of your beautiful wife who we hear about.

It has been a weird couple of days. On Thursday I had a bad headache so I grabbed two Tylenol from my bathroom upstairs, took them downstairs with a few other things. When I got to the kitchen I realized that I only had one Tylenol in my hand. I retraced my steps, even using a flashlight I couldn't find the other pill. Vannie had been following me the whole way and I was really worried that if I dropped one she would have eaten it. I didn't know if I poured to into my hand or mistakenly only put one. Phoned the vets office and I had to take my poor little girl in to get her stomach pumped. They did not see a pill, but it's not 100% sure that she didn't swallow one. They didn't have to sedate her or anything, she did really well taking the IVs. By the next day she was feeling really good so we went to an agility fun match. My grandkids came with us and got to come out on the floor to help us change the jump heights and were so helpful on helping me walk the course. This poor brain of mine has a hard enough time remembering the course when it is just me out there walking it, trying to do it with two grandchildren was impossible🤣. Saturday afternoon we got to go and watch Gibson's first hockey practice. Those little six-year-olds are so dang cute! They even practised falling lol. Tomorrow I am going to take Ty for a practice swimming lesson, should be interesting I don't know if she will even go in the pool.
    That's it for me, signing out and putting my feet up :-).
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,972 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @pashin8nz2000
    Reminder To Weigh In To The Following for Tomorrow: @19shmoo69 @megnolia82 @sleepygirl79 @txcritter69 @laurelfit57 @morenin
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,972 Member
    @laurelfit57 Watching young kids play sports is pretty adorable, I can just imagine! I'm glad you took Vannie in just in case, better to be wrong and still have her. I hope Ty enjoys swimming I want to see a pic of that!

@19shmoo69 Happy anniversary, good-looking couple! Your wife is beautiful!

@DrewsAnna Getting a great amount of veggies in! Great job on not saying screw it!

@trooworld You look gorgeous! Sounds like a fun night, I love you hitting it off with this couple I hope you do all get together again. Is the shot starting to help? I asked the cashier at Trader Joe's about the pumpkin seeds and they're waiting for them to come in. I was saying how I wanted to sprinkle pumpkin seeds on my butternut squash soup and realized I could just roast my butternut squash seeds too. Sometimes making the plunge and buying tickets to something is the only way to do it, I tend to want to stay home right before things too.

@baodell17724 What will you be doing for the 5% challenge? I tried to investigate but didn't want to join another group, let us know if we can do anything to support you.

@Cornanda I can only imagine how tough that trip was for you. I hope the seeds grow too.

@TeresaW2024 Yes the garden bed is just for me, I'm not planting new winter veggies here because of those darn deer. Hope the haircut goes well! Good luck dealing with the bank it does sound like their mistake. What a beautiful kids you have in your life!

@morenin Woohoo you're doing awesome!

@micaroo4 What time should I come for dinner you're making some delicious food!

Hi team! I'm exhausted from the plant sale, it went real well and I'm loving getting to know the garden club members more. I picked up stuff for two people then got my own, with it being in the 100s I have it all in the shade on the side of the house for now and am praying the deer don't find it! I drove a bunch of plants over to the president's house, she's going to deliver packages of plants to school gardens with all the leftovers. Tomorrow I'm planning to work in my own garden I have a lot of seeds to collect. My blood sugar is on the high side of normal in the mornings which is new for me and helping me get back on track, I definitely don't want to need medication again. Have a great Sunday!
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 902 Member
    ps3bfihhc5kx.jpg

Hey guys, do you have a treadmill and use the PitPat run app? I’m looking for players to join me possibly with a few other people for some friendly fun competition. If you use the PitPat app, live in the United States ( preferably in an area that runs on Eastern time, but not necessary ), and are interested in playing multiplayer PK on PitPat for a 0.5 to 1-mile walk/jog, let me know. I’ll discuss the time and days once I get a confirmation someone is interested in joining. Thanks.
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 124 Member
    lislisa123 wrote: »
    ps3bfihhc5kx.jpg

Hey guys, do you have a treadmill and use the PitPat run app? I’m looking for players to join me possibly with a few other people for some friendly fun competition. If you use the PitPat app, live in the United States ( preferably in an area that runs on Eastern time, but not necessary ), and are interested in playing multiplayer PK on PitPat for a 0.5 to 1-mile walk/jog, let me know. I’ll discuss the time and days once I get a confirmation someone is interested in joining. Thanks.

I've not heard of PitPat, I'm installing it now to look at it. I definitely can't run, but I can walk!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,820 Member
    Good morning Slimpossibles!

@Katmary71 - the soup is delicious, and the bread is scrumptious! Rich says I never make the same recipe twice, because I never write anything down. But this time, I did write it all down, so I can make again if I want. But I'm already thinking of other ways to make the bread, with different mix-ins. And don't worry about @baodell17724, he's on my team on the 5% challenge, so I'll look after him! Coincidentally, we are also called Mission Slimpossibles on the 5% challenge, but it's not related to the Fat 2 Fit group. If you ever want to try the 5% Challenge, the reporting "requirements" are not too difficult. It's a once per week weigh-in, and you post your exercise minutes daily along with your points score for the challenge of the week (the challenge of the week is determined by the group admin). The goal is to lose 5% of your body weight in 8 weeks. There are 4 challenges per year, so there's a 4 week gap between challenges, and then a 1 week "practice week" before the actual challenge begins, so everyone gets accustomed to how they are supposed to record their daily scores.

-Mica

• lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 902 Member
    @morenin you need a certain treadmill to use PitPat and need to use WiFi/bluetooth. If you can use it and like it let me know if you are interested in joining my group Pks. There are other options on the app as well. You can go on different courses and walk/run/jog whatever you can do and there are challenges where you can possibly win money ( not much but some ) The app is a good motivator to workout on the treadmill.
    I've not heard of PitPat, I'm installing it now to look at it. I definitely can't run, but I can walk!

• baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 57 Member
    edited 11:56AM
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @baodell17724 What will you be doing for the 5% challenge? I tried to investigate but didn't want to join another group, let us know if we can do anything to support you.

Thank you! For the 5% challenge, I will pretty much keep on doing what I've been doing because so far I've been consistently losing weight every week. But whatever we are told we need to do by our leaders, I will definitely do! LOL I'm peddling 2 hours a day. I hadn't known how long I was since I count the pedals for my "10,000 steps" because I can't stand looking at the clock, and with my MS brain plaque I need the concentration effort (even so, with my occasional 'brain fog' I'll forget and have to start over, which isn't a bad thing for exercise)! LOL

I've been reading a chapter in 2 books by the same author for the 'Living the Good Life' portion. The first is "Mini Habits for Weight Loss". The second is "Mini Habits: Smaller Habits, Bigger Results" both books by Stephen Guise. The SECOND book goes more into the 'theory' and reasons how to make good habits that last indefinitely. They've been very helpful!

I need to start logging my daily protein at the very least, if I really want to build at least a little muscle to get toned. I do tend to undereat my needed calories now, because I don't log my food intake, and rely on extra vitamins from supplements.

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 250 Member
    @trooworld I’m glad you had fun listening to the band and made some new friends. What a great-looking stage! Were people dancing? :)

@19shmoo69 Happy Anniversary! Great picture, and your wife is beautiful. I love her hair!! :)

@laurelfit57 Yikes, what a scare with the Tylenol and poor Vannie having to have her stomach pumped. Joe dropped one of his pills yesterday, and I had to crawl around looking for it, worried Maggie would find it first. Six-year-old hockey sounds like the cutest thing ever! :)

@Katmary71 Wow, that is a lot of work for all those plants! I thought your weather would be cooling off by now. Why do you think your blood sugar is higher than normal? You need a break from all that hard work. :)

Good morning! Yesterday, I worked on the decluttering challenge and reorganized my bedroom home office. I have a large IKEA desk, a tall shelf of four cabinets, eight small drawers, and four open cubbies on which I put books and pretty things. It’s now clean and has improved functionality. We will see how long it lasts. :D Nothing is going on today besides church this morning. Maybe I will find something else to declutter. Have a great day! :)
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 565 Member
    @micaroo4 I would love to join the 5% challenge, I think I signed up but can't figure out where to go from there. Can I be on your team or are they randomly assigned?
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,265 Member
    19Shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 244
    C. W. 243
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,265 Member
    What is the 5% challenge? I looked through the thread and didn’t see anything.