Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - September 2024

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,452 Member
    @19shmoo69 @maryirisfroehlich @865jessica @Jactop @lislisa123 Way to make it onto the leaderboard! Woo hoo! A special shoutout goes to those who stayed in the green the whole month: @lislisa123 @865jessica And shoutout to the whole team for achieving 3rd place for August! Woot woot!

@morenin Welcome back! Yay!!! How have you been?

@txcritter69 Congrats on the loss!

@19shmoo69 It's always nice to read more about you, my friend! More than a few sentences. Although I really understand why you don't post more. :)

@laurelfit57 Oh how frustrating to lose your whole post! Yes, it is a present when I sleep in. This morning, I slept in until 5 and I woke up and was still so tired. Maybe I did too much yesterday. I didn't end up making the orange chicken but here's the recipe: https://foodyschmoodyblog.com/fake-out-take-out-orange-chicken Oh my, Ty, your tongue is long! LOL Vannie is so beautiful. Great pics!

@Cornanda I know I have some form of that book. I will have to give it a go! I tried Noom. It was interesting. Lots of psychology behind it. I think it would work if you have the time to do what they ask. But you have to read stuff every day, and it takes like 20 mins to do the reading. I gave up on it but it may be right for you? Awwww! Gus is adorable!!!

Hi all. I worked most of the day deep cleaning our condo. We took 7 bags of clothing and shoes to the Goodwill. Most of those bags were mine. I may have more bags of shoes, I have to go through another area in my closet where I keep shoes. I don't know if the Goodwill is open today and I'm really worn out anyway. I didn't cook last night, no energy. Instead, we got a salad pack and a frozen pizza.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • trooworld
    @Jactop @865jessica Congrats on your 30 lbs loss!!!
    ljsp76q07wq2.png
  • trooworld
    @lislisa123 60 lbs GONE! Way to go!!!
    suzfayrlo1ui.png
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 234 Member
    Good morning! I love reading opening posts from all our awesome members. :) 

My name is Teresa, and I've been here for a long time. I was once even the leader of this wonderful group! I left the group for a long while when our life got complicated when my much older husband first had lung cancer and several other health issues that must be closely monitored. After many months, we had to admit that his chemo brain was more, and he was diagnosed with dementia. My Joe is my life and incredibly gentle, kind, and exasperating. Being a caregiver is the hardest thing I will probably ever do, and as a Christian, I pray for a strength that I know only God can provide. o:)

We live with my mom, sister, and little dog, Maggie Mae. I work part-time for our small Baptist church as their secretary and am blessed that most of my work can be done from home. I've battled my weight since I was 13 and have done all the diets and even lost 80 lbs, but when Joe got sick, and I had some serious family issues, my stress was so high that I gained all the weight back. I came back to the Slimpossibles for the accountability and support.

About three months ago, I saw Jason Seib, who runs the Diligent Mind Self-Care program, and his words resonated with me so much that I jumped in with both feet and joined. I have been working on my mindset to stop the diet mentality and embrace the health mentality. Yeah, there is a difference. :) I'm not weighing at this time because I wanted to see what would happen if I didn't weigh, measure, track, or count anything. So far, I'm loving the freedom!

For workouts, I love weight lifting and rebounding (mini trampoline) and have my own workout room in my home. And my hobby is putting together jigsaw puzzles. Anything over 2000 pieces is my jam! I'm here to support you all, and so appreciate the support that you give me. :)
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 107 Member
    Cornanda wrote: »
    My question today is- Has anyone tried Noom? I feel I've been stuck for a long time now. I need to shake up my routine, but am struggling to decide how.

I have been a Noom subscriber, and it used to be helpful, but they cheaped down the support available. Instead of actual human coaches, you now go through the learning course provided with the machine "cheering" you on, instead of having someone to ask questions of. It's basically like reading a weight loss book with quizzes- only more expensive. They also got me into bad habits like weighing myself every day, which I am still trying to unlearn.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,252 Member
    @Cornanda I tried Noom once. I did not have a good experience. I was told I had a coach that would be there to answer all of my questions. I would ask a question and I would wait two days for a response.
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 280 Member
    edited September 2
    Good morning,
    Welcome to the newcomers and welcome back @morenin!

Intro:
    I am Sandy, I live in Copperas Cove Tx. with my husband John Tigger (the cat) and Diesel (the dog). I have 2 children both married and have 5 grandsons.
    I am currently trying to lose the weight I gained after I quit smoking back in 2013 due to having a heart attack and was told only 2 thing could have caused it. My smoking or the fact that it was hereditary on my dad's side. He passed away at the age of 57 from heart failure. The only thing I could do was quit. But now I still battle with the 25+ lbs I need to lose. My ideal weight is supposed to be 125ish but if I see 140 I think I would be happy. We will see. So as of right know my goal is 140.
    I'm a retired correctional officer and I spend a lot of time with my fur baby Diesel. I spend my morning reading everyone's posts but lately I have not been chiming in, been pretty boring over here in my world.🤣
    Diesel's training is coming along. He is still a mess, but getting better.
    I did not reach my monthly goal last month so, it will be this month's goal I want to be below 165 by the end of Sept. I can do this.
    I hope everyone enjoys the last little bit of the summer and is ready for some cooler weather.
    John and our 2 children2uhq0at86qsr.jpg
    Tiggeruzm8igtu5idu.jpg
    Dieselsj647ker9txk.jpg

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 716 Member
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    SW 225
    PW 193.8
    CW 194.2
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 555 Member
    @Cornanda it seems like just a couple of months ago that you were putting up Gus's puppy pictures. You give me hope that my pup will settle down! I broke ties have it as eating mulch, then they put some new mulch on my perennial bed. I took Ty out to the bathroom and lo and behold guess what she pooped out, the new mulch🤣. We had to start all over again. I'm so sorry about your hip! I really hope you get some relief soon. Gus is still as cute as ever, what a cute picture!

@ Do you think you are still tired because of the bug whatever it was that you had? That orange chicken looks delicious, thank you!

I made a serious error in judgement this morning. I thought that I would do 30 minutes of my shred video(strength training) before going to spin class. It wasn't pretty🤣. My quads just gave out. Lesson learned and I will rework my workout schedule.
    It was a busy, super hot day here today, 93°, in September no less! The dogs walks wiped both them and me out. We honestly didn't go far. I have stayed on schedule and on track today. I did manage to track ahead of time, so I was able to get a much better picture of what I was doing. I upped my protein and my water :-).
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,940 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW:
    @littlebabekitty @vegan4lyfe2012 @AmbersWay
    Reminder To Weigh In Tomorrow To The Following: @FushiaKat
  • Katmary71
    @morenin Welcome back I'm happy you're here! Your weigh in is perfect, thanks!

@bethanie0825 I can't imagine no interest in food wow! I don't know what I'd think about then, haha!

@19shmoo69 I really enjoy when you post I think you're better at this than you think you are! Lifting my vitamin/mineral drink to you, let's have an awesome September.

@lisalisa123 @865jessica great job four weeks in the green!

@laurelfit57 That picture of Ty is awesome and takes a minute for it all to register between the tongue out to the side, the black and white, and two different eye colors, he's so gorgeous! Vannie always looks energetic and happy, now I think of your aerobics teacher and laugh. I hope you enjoyed the picnic as much as the pups!

@sleepygirl79 No worries got it logged!

@Cornanda Locks are rekeyed, yay! I haven't tried Noom, I've had some friends like it though. I'm feeling like you kind of stuck, hoping it's passing for both of us soon! Scritchy Scratches to Gus!

@trooworld Wow that's some serious deep cleaning, wtg! I've been cleaning now that I have my house back, feeling the need to channel you and get rid of stuff. I love those “I lost x pounds That's the Same As x”, they're so fun and great to drop in conversation!

@TeresaW2024 I'm so happy you're here!

@morenin That's sad to hear how Noom has changed, I hear you on the daily weighing I don't miss that either!

@megnolia82 Sounds like some serious great walking Saturday!

@txcritter69 Your family (including pets) and plants look beautiful!

Hi team! Had a somewhat lazy day, I'm reading Serj Tankian's Down With The System (he's the singer from System of a Down and an Armenian activist which I'm half) and got about 100 pages in when my Dad came to rekey the locks. It went way faster than replacing all of them a couple years ago! Aside of that I planted a bunch of snap peas/regular peas/snow peas, I'd planned to spend more time getting them arranged in planters then when I was watering I saw almost everything is covered in bugs so I pulled some stuff out instead and popped in the peas, I'll have to get support in soon for them. Have done lousy with eating the last two days, I'll get back on track tomorrow. Have a great Tuesday!
  • trooworld
    @megnolia82 Congrats on the loss! Sounds like you had a fun day.

@txcritter69 Nothing wrong with boring! Chime in so we know you are still with us! LOL I'm glad Diesel is doing well with his training. Thanks for sharing your pictures. You have a nice family. Tigger is beautiful as is Diesel and they both look well-taken care of.

@laurelfit57 That's a good point. Probably! I feel a lot better but maybe not 100%. I made the orange chicken yesterday for lunch and it was really good and easy to make. Oh gosh, yeah that sounds like too much in one morning to do. Good job tracking!

@Katmary71 Thanks! Good luck with the cleaning and getting rid of stuff. I still have more to do but not until next weekend ;) . Yeah, I love those too, they are fun! I'm glad you got the keys redone. You must feel better. I hope you do better with your eating today.

Hi all. Well, I must have done too much on Sunday as I had trouble walking yesterday. I used my cane all day. I didn't really want to go out and about but my husband wanted to so we went for coffee and then a beer later in the day. I didn't do any other cleaning yesterday but I felt good about the cleaning I did on Saturday and Sunday.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,209 Member
    My name is Jennifer and I’m a single 50 year old. I have an American Blue rabbit (her name is Kismet). I have 3 children in their 20s and they have all blessed me…I went from zero to 4 grandchildren in the past 16 months and #5 is due in February! If you’re keeping track, my son Marcus and DIL Ashley have Sophie (16 mo) and are due February 15th (don’t know gender yet). Daughter Sydney has Oliver (7 mo). Daughter Hunter and SIL Michael have Byron (15 mo) and Brayden (3 mo).
    p21m0gemrldy.jpg

I love to rubber stamp (I’m a Stampin’ Up demo) and make cards. I'm an active member of my church, and also love horror movies. I have worked in Community Development at my County for over 19 years.

I have always been a yo-yo dieter, but mainly up. When I lose weight, I can never seem to keep it off for longer than a year. I have 54 pounds to lose (goal is 150). I prefer to track using the old-fashioned 2010 WW points program. For me, there’s just something about putting pen to paper in this online world that is nostalgic. I bought a 10 week weight loss planner and absolutely love it! I just finished my first week back on track and I’m down 4.4 pounds – so excited and motivated! It’s mainly a planner, but I use some of the spaces for journaling. Also, I found a full-length picture of myself after I had lost a lot of weight about 12 years ago and printed up a small picture that I’m keeping in my wallet. That way, if I open my wallet to get vending machine money, I’ll see it and be deterred.

LET'S ROCK THIS SEPTEMBER SO HARD!!!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,209 Member
    @laurelfit57 – Ty is such a spitfire! Both of the doggies look content at the farm. 50 people in ONE class? That’s insane! I don’t blame you.

@trooworld – I have a bad habit of staying up too late, too. Like 1am, 2am, sometimes even 3am. I’m “supposed” to get up at 7am so I can be out the door by 8am. Thank the Lord I don’t punch a time clock! And that my boss is usually not very punctual, either, LOLs. I’d be so screwed! So glad you’re feeling better.

@TeresaW2024 – Nice job resisting those Blizzards!

@baodell17724 – I’m not taking L-Theanine yet…I haven’t talked to my doctor about how much to take. What dose do you take? I have Major Depressive Disorder and Inattentive ADHD. I tried taking antidepressants, but they all caused weight gain…which wasn’t helping since my weight contributes to my depression. Ugh!

@Katmary71 – Glad the roommate is gone and the locks have been rekeyed.

@19shmoo69 – You are too kind :) I understand everyone has their own needs and lifestyles, so feel free to not censor yourself on your meat-centric diet. However, I shall maintain that tea is still definitely better than java!

@Cornanda – Gus is too cute! That’s hilarious that he used to sneak pieces of mulch inside!
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 313 Member
    WI Monday sorry I am late

PW 212.8
    CW 211.8

• Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW:
    @littlebabekitty
    Reminder To Weigh In Tomorrow To The Following: @FushiaKat (hope you're feeling better!) @DrewsAnna