Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - August 2024

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,977 Member
    @Katmary71 - Kathy, I'll chime in with the others who are saying it's time for that roommate to GO. Past time. You think he may have ADHD, but to me it just sounds like selfish and inconsiderate. Of course there's no reason he also have ADHD.

So far for August, I'm not doing very well with the clean eating. Basically, I'm eating through the processed foods to clean out the fridge and pantry! 🤣 Seriously, I don't eat too much processed food, but I do like my Chocolate Sea Salt Rx Bars, which are very high sugar because of the dates. 😋 And Rich and I do love our ice cream bars (Breyers Carb Smart). But I'm going to try to make better choices at the grocery store, so that what's available in the house is more like whole food and less processed.

-Mica
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,257 Member
    The August Week 1 Group Challenge is live and ready to begin on Sunday, August 4th. Please join us for a 7-Day Mental Health Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10921224/august-week-1-group-challenge-mental-health-challenge#latest

See you in the chat thread! B)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 7,008 Member
    edited August 4
    @trooworld That's a great price for the classes, I hope you go! I also hope you remember no one's focusing on you plus being in the water no one can really see you either if that helps. I'm excited for you!

@TeresaW2024 Thank you! Aw I'm glad you and Joe are making plans for your anniversary, a day trip sounds like a perfect idea.

@Cornanda Thanks all is logged!

@micaroo4 Yum the food sounds delicious! They don't sound like the worst choices but definitely check out some other stuff like the frozen yogurt Yasso bars or fruit bars (the Carb Smart may have similar nutrition info to the yogurt bars in all honesty). I'm swapping fruit for dessert right now.

@865jessica You're doing amazing keep up the great work! Your intro is very inspiring!

@tammymccrady6278 You're still a part of this don't worry! I love reading how happy and appreciative you are with your profession. Enjoy the BBQ! I'm going to one tomorrow and even I didn't get a healthy appetizer so it's going to be a challenge.

Hi everyone! The horticulture center was a lot of fun, two other women in the garden club were there and we hung out. I completely forgot my walker so that was a pain! It's real hot today too so I was home by noon (it's 104 now). I did get a few things from the herb nursery who was a vendor there (the one I went to in spring). I did a light workout, wasn't feeling too hot this morning plus I walked a lot at the center so I just did some stretching. I have to get the Board Meeting minutes done next have a great night!

Jasper giving me a belly lymphatic drainage massage on a Saturday morning: 3icz0mp01v32.jpg
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 859 Member
    Hi everyone!

Really brief intro from me: I’m Meg, 42 year old Canadian mom of 2. I’m a teacher and my husband is a farmer and firefighter.

On mfp for many years and struggling with weight for many more. I’ve had great success when I track all my food every day. My problem is momentum: something always interrupts and I get out of the swing of it and suddenly months go by and my diet is out of control.

Tomorrow I’m heading camping for a week so I’ll be off the grid but hopefully the hiking, swimming and kayaking will mean I have a healthy, active week!

I’ll check in in the morning. All the best to you all this month!
  • annachangesagain
    annachangesagain Posts: 15 Member
    Username: annachangesagain
    Weigh in day : Saturday
    PW: 159.2 lbs (72.2 kg)
    CW: 160.5 lbs (72.8 kg)
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,306 Member
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 253
    C. W. 251
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,600 Member
    @tammymccrady6278 I'm sorry you were sick. I hope you are feeling better now. Summer is going really fast! I really admire what you do for work, it must be a very hard job. I hope you enjoyed the BBQ.

@TeresaW2024 LOL yeah, since it doesn't get that hot consistently, most people don't have AC here. We did bring the portable AC unit into the living room yesterday and that kept things cool! I think my anxiety about the pool is mostly about not ever being there before so I don't know what it is going to be like: will they have a locker for me? What will parking be like? Will there be too long of a line for class and I won't get in? Those types of things. But yes, also, "Will people not in the class be watching and laughing at my size?" I hope the storm passes soon. I'm glad you looked into day trips for your anniversary. That's a good pivot. What did you find?

@Katmary71 Yeah it is a great price, the Y charges $15 for a day pass/one class, so yeah, it's a bargain! It's not so much that, see my answer to @TeresaW2024 above. It is partially that though. I'm glad you had a lot of fun at the horticulture center. Wow, 104! Awww, Jasper is so cute! He's so helpful, too! :D

@19shmoo69 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I talked myself out of going to water aerobics yesterday. My anxiety was just too high. If I can't go today, I will go next weekend with a friend. The art festival was nice but really hot. I saw some cool things there. I am making a complicated Italian dish today involving a springform pan: Timballo di Anelletti | Sicilian Baked Pasta https://www.pastagrammar.com/post/timballo-di-anelletti-sicilian-baked-pasta-recipe ). It says it takes 2 hours to make so I bet it takes me 3. Sometimes when I make the meal plan, I schedule things that sound and look good but then I don't realize how complicated the recipes are lol. Wish me luck!

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 288 Member

Weigh In Sunday: Aug 4
    SW 175
    PW 169.2
    CW 167.8
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 859 Member
    Sunday weigh in August 4 Megnolia82

• Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH-INS DUE NOW
    : @19shmoo69 @sleepygirl79 @littlebabekitty @laurelfit57
    Reminder to weigh in tomorrow to the following: @vegan4lyfe2012 @AmbersWay
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,528 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    5gl6roii8ccf.png
    tahs52bnytz0.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    alum717hyicv.png

By Pounds
    0ql4qk3lz83q.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    i3v8dqswni48.png

By Pounds
    nsebqoukxiuv.png
    3v8mutk0th7z.png

Team Winners
    czadhph0gg57.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    nq3v6dnq9a5x.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,528 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    wdwlujpwf3bu.png
    dpbnhez9pyxs.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    ojohmx8jjchp.png

By Pounds
    8oo6wwr59k26.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    uf3edhzay7lg.png

By Pounds
    2lgovqx8f60t.png
    1o9rthujx5v3.png

Team Winners
    racfs1tqmcjs.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    sdsyknc7r63y.png
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 598 Member
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 146
    CW: 146.2

+.2
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 205 Member
    edited August 5
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW:227.6
    CW: 225.8

Currently on a bit of a vacation. That means lots of eating out. I will have to try to be mindful of what I order. The nice thing is there will also be lots of walking.

Congrats team on making the leaderboard!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,116 Member
    Hi, I'm Lisa

Live in FL. DH of 32 years. 2 young adult children still living here. Dog- Gus- a little guy. Exercise- walking and step aerobics and strength training. My weight is kind of stuck right now.

PT gave me permission to walk up to 1.5 miles. I am sore after that, so I will ask about it at my visit today. DH and I are going to visit his Mom later this week (in Wisconsin). Gus will stay at a sitter for part of the time and with my daughter for the rest. He stayed overnight with the sitter this weekend to practice. There was a little dog there who he enjoyed playing with, but he got anxious during the night and since he's home it's like he's either mad at me or recovering from the flu. Mom guilt!

Debby is raining cats and dogs on us right now, but this is pretty much all she will do here.

Lisa
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 263 Member
    Wahoo on the Slimpossibles for having such a good last week! ⭐

@trooworld Girl, I looked at that recipe, and it is intense! I used to love to make complicated recipes, and now I live for when it’s sandwich day, and all I use are two plates and a knife. :D You will have to let us know how it went and how it tastes. :)

@micaroo4 What a bummer that you couldn’t enjoy the craft fair! I suggest leaving that friend at home when you go to the other fairs. You gotta get inside those tents where the good stuff lives! :)

@Cornanda, I hope you have a good visit with your mom! Those little dogs are very good at giving us a guilt trip. I’m sure Gus will be just fine while you're gone but will require tremendous attention from you when you get back home. :)

Good morning! Thanks to Hurricane Debbie making landfall in Florida, we are in for a couple of rainy days, but it shouldn’t be too bad. Maggie is going for her 6th-week check-up this afternoon, and I’m praying that the vet will clear her to be a little more active and to go to the groomer. She is so bored and looks like a hot mess! :D I had no snacks or sugar yesterday, but we did order a pizza since I forgot to thaw chicken for dinner. So today, I will thaw that chicken and stick to healthier eating. Have a good day! :)
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 919 Member
    Congrats to all the winners!

@maryirisfroehlich 3rd place in group, not bad. 👏
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @littlebabekitty @AmbersWay
    Weigh in Reminder for tomorrow to the f@FushiaKat /b] @FushiaKat

I went to delete someone from the weigh in whose post I hadn't seen until after I posted and my last one had disappeared so had to redo, I have 30 minutes before I have to be at Bible study so I'm eating then doing some watering. I'll catch up more later if I can, have a great night and Tuesday everyone!

How're those doing the challenge doing? The BBQ yesterday wasn't great but back to it today.
This discussion has been closed.