Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - August 2024

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 7,008 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @littlebabekitty
    Reminder to Weigh in Tomorrow: @DrewsAnna

@micaroo4 Oh no I hope Rich is feeling better soon, I'm sorry to hear about his fall.

Hi team just got home from the fundraiser and need to get to bed not feeling well. Have a great Wednesday.
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 263 Member
    edited August 14
    @Jactop, Congrats on your grandbaby! :) I think one of the biggest issues with the way we diet and measure our progress is that it can often make us feel like we have failed, which then just snowballs to us doing things that make us feel worse. How to get off that rollercoaster is the key.

@19shmoo69 Yup, the bite rule isn’t always the best idea for us, is it? Potblessed meals! I know all about those and the danger on those casserole-laden tables. :D

@vegan4lyfe2012 You will NOT give up!!!! <3

@micaroo4 Oh my goodness, poor Rich! I hope he recovers quickly so you all can continue enjoying your vacation. :)

Good morning! Well, my food tracking lasted one day. I tried to track it yesterday, and it annoyed me so much that I stopped using the app and deleted it from my phone! :D Today, I have to take Joe to his oncologist for his usual monthly appointment. My bestie is coming for coffee when we get back home, so that will be nice. I will do my workout with the rebounder because I’ve done upper-body strength training for the last two days, and my arms are tired! Y’all have a great day! :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,600 Member
    @TeresaW2024 I'm sure it's even worse where you are! I'm glad you were able to pay your dental bill and that everything was okay. That will be interesting to see how you are doing with the eating when tracking. That's great your clothes are looser! Oh, just read your tracking lasted a day lol. Well, it's not for you. :D Have fun with your rebounder!

@Jactop Sounds like you have had a busy summer! Working out outdoors sounds refreshing. @TeresaW2024 has a rebounder, too!

@19shmoo69 That's a good idea to take your own food or a scale. Good job!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Girl, I do not want to hear talk of you giving up. You will NOT give up! Hang in there, we need you!!!

@Katmary71 I hope you feel better today.

DISCUSSION QUESTION: What emotional or psychological triggers lead me to make choices that sabotage my weight loss goals, and how can I address or manage these triggers more effectively? This is such a deep question. I didn't answer it yesterday because I wanted to give it some thought. I was actually bewildered by my own question and didn't know how to answer it. Now, I do. I am triggered by loneliness, anger, and boredom. I can utilize distraction techniques to take my mind off my emotions. Things like doing crafts, texting with a friend, looking up healthy recipes.

Hi all. My migraine got much worse when I went to work. I took migraine medication and it sort of took it away but not really and I felt sick from it. I went home and slept and woke up and felt better. The weather here has been hotter this year and we have had more ants as a result. They are such a pain to deal with.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 288 Member
    Good morning,

@trooworld The dentist went ok, I had a cavity filled. where it came from is beyond me. They found it on my last visit. Yes Diesel has been doing so well except for his behavior with other dogs. This is going to be the focus of is sessions for the next few weeks. We will also be working on his reactivity with someone knocking on the door.

@TeresaW2024 I am glad your dental appt was better than mine. Sorry about the part about x-rays. Doing a calorie check is not a bad idea. It will show you where to improve on your choices. If using the app is annoying you have you tried to just write down what you eat everyday and at the end of the week go back and reflect on it.

@micaroo4 I am glad the Rich is feeling better and that he did not seriously hurt himself with that fall. I hope y'all can enjoy the rest of your time on vacation.

@Jactop Spend all the time you can with your grandbaby. They grow up so fast. We are in the triple digits for the rest of the month here this weekend it is expected to be 107. Not sure what the heat index is going to be.

@19shmoo69 yep the take a bite gets me too.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Giving up is not part of our vocabulary! Hang in there!

@Katmary71 I hope you are feeling better.

So, I took the day off yesterday after getting home from the dentist. It was too hot to get outside. Today is going to be a day of catching up on things around the house and working on engagement with Diesel. His trainer and I have decided that moving up to a starmark pro training collar is the next step with him when it comes to reactive issues so that will be introduced tomorrow morning when Kellie come with her dog.

• FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 542 Member
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 32 of 52

PW: 137.8
    CW: 138.6

My dental work went well I have stitches on both sides top back of my mouth, strange I don't miss the tooth they pulled because they pulled the lower one last year. That one I did miss. I go back in a month for a checkup, I was only in pain for a couple of days. Its really hot here. My body decided to attack me, my hands were peeling, and I got blisters on the bottom of my feet, lots of them. I had to call my doctor and get a refill on my medications because the one I have expired almost two years ago.

DISCUSSION QUESTION: What emotional or psychological triggers lead me to make choices that sabotage my weight loss goals, and how can I address or manage these triggers more effectively? When I think that I've lost enough weight to eat a bit more, then I gain the weight back, rewarding myself with food when that is the last thing I should be doing. Pay strict attention to my food intake.
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @littlebabekitty @DrewsAnna
    Reminder to Weigh in Tomorrow to the Following: @askewcr
  • trooworld
    @txcritter69 That's good you got the cavity taken care of before it turned into something more than a filling. We also have a problem with the door: even when people just walk by it, my dogs go crazy. Sometimes they get in a fight because they get so riled up. God help us if someone actually knocks on the door! I hope these next couple of weeks go well for Diesel and you. I hope the training color helps.

@FushiaKat Ouch, that sounds awful (the stitches and the body attacking itself).

@Katmary71 Thanks! Yeah, naps are kind of a reset, aren't they? I really think the ants are worse this year. That's weird, what happened to your bookmarks! Are you going to enter the salsa cookoff? I think you did last year, right? I hope you are feeling better.

@19shmoo69 Way to go! That's great.

Hi all. I have the beginnings of another migraine. I think it's this weather. It's not too bad (my migraine), I'm hoping that some caffeine will knock it out. This is the week of our wedding anniversary. We are celebrating this weekend. I'm still not sure what we are going to do. Maybe just have a picnic in the park.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited August 15
    Thursday Ice Breaker Question

If you met someone that wanted advice on how to lose weight what would be something you would say to them?
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW:
    @littlebabekitty
    Reminder to Weigh in Tomorrow: @Cornanda @davors19 @lisalisa123 @maryirisfroelich @Karlo7428 @FoxyMoxie04 @bethanie0825
  • Katmary71
    Ice Breaker Question: I'd probably ask if they wanted to do it the easy way or hard way and what their goals are.

@DrewsAnna Thanks for weighing in, enjoy the company!

@askewcr Let's get it!

@TeresaW2024 I'm thinking I clicked Sync which I thought meant the same account on other devices would have the same bookmarks but that's not what it did. I think the salsa total is 23 at this point, getting excited! Yep I get what you're saying, thank you. I'm still debating what I'll do. Aw poor Maggie I feel bad for her she's had a tough month! I love Joe enjoying The Chosen, that's great! I've only seen a few episodes but really enjoyed it.

@trooworld I did the salsa cookoff the first year which was 2022, I'm not doing it now I had to make so much my grocery budget for the week went to salsa which is nuts! Shoot I hope some caffeine knocks out the migraine too, Happy Anniversary!

@19shmoo69 Great job on the run and nice improvement!

Hi team! I just got home from Last Ministry, Yvonne taught a class there on supplements today and I hung out with everyone for awhile afterward. I helped start a bunch of seeds at the greenhouse this morning. I couldn't sleep last night so I'm exhausted right now! Good day just busy. Have a great Friday!

Challenge update: We're halfway through the month, how is everyone doing? I did good today and worked out.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,116 Member
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 176.8
    CW: 177.2

+0.4
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW2024 Yes, a bit more. Some of my triggers include extreme heat and weather changes. :( Thank you! 19 years! How's Maggie besides a hot mess? I'm glad you guys found a show you can watch together and enjoy! <3

@askewcr Congrats on the loss!

@DrewsAnna Enjoy your company.

@Katmary71 Ah okay, I don't blame you! Thank you! I hope you get some rest.

@Cornanda I'd say that +0.4 lbs is a win, considering you were in the company of a food pusher! That would be really hard to deal with. I'm glad your hip is improving.

Thursday Ice Breaker Question: If you met someone that wanted advice on how to lose weight what would be something you would say to them? I'd tell them to persevere and never give up. I would also relay how important tracking is for most people. The traditional way doesn't work for everyone, but you have to find a way to keep track of what you are eating...whether it is by taking pics of your food, writing it down, or logging it in an app.

Hi all. My headache/migraine did not go away all day. I stuck it out though, miserable, but I made it all day. Thankfully, my sweet husband cooked dinner. He made Oriental Cabbage Salad with Asian Dressing with shrimp on it: https://www.recipetineats.com/asian-slaw/ It was really good and nice and light. I work from home today. I can feel a headache there, I hope it doesn't turn into another migraine sigh.

• txcritter69
    Good morning,

@TeresaW2024 and @trooworld Yes, I am seeing much improvement in Diesel's behavior. His loose leash walking is so much better learning the heel is a really big part of that. We are still working on heel sit which he will try to see if he can get away with sitting a little in front of me or in front of me. Yesterday we worked on reactive behavior around dogs. Kellie brought Gracie and we worked with Diesel on excepting the fact that Gracie was laying in our yard while working on him focusing on me instead of her. The starmark collar was also introduced which seems to work well with the reactive behavior better than just the slip lead leash.

@Katmary71 The challenge is not going well here. Yesterday after Diesels training session we had to go to Killeen to pick up and B-day present for my son and we stopped by to see John's mom this was around 10:30 at about 12 she asked what we were doing for lunch (we were only supposed to stop in for a few) she wanted to go out to eat so we took her out to get Chinese which was a buffet. You know the rest of the story. Then back to her house we ended up staying until 6pm. One bad choice leads to another. On the way home the John wanted ice cream so we stopped at Dairy Queen for a blizzard. This morning the scale is up. Unfortunately tomorrow will be no better. At the beginning of this yr I decided that I would start doing something for my kids and grandkids for their B-days. My husband helped in this decision when he decided that he needed to do this for his sister and mom. Tomorrow we are going to The Dead Fish Grill with my son and his family for his B-day. Sundays WI will reflect my sodium intake.

I hope everyone has a great Friday!
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 263 Member

@Katmary71 What are the must-have supplements that Yvonne says we need? I’m doing well this month with no snacking and staying consistent with my workouts. I need to clean up my meals so they aren’t so carb-heavy. It’s hard in the summer because I just want to make sandwiches. :D

@Cornanda Yikes on your MIL pushing all that junk food at you! Maybe next time you go see her, you can tell her that you are worried about your A1C, and if she can help you by offering better food choices than sugary desserts, that would be good. If she doesn’t, then stick to your guns, and don’t let her guilt you into eating what doesn’t make you feel good.

@trooworld Maggie is doing much better and is walking on her leg more and more. The poor thing wants to run so bad, and of course, that is a hard no. Hopefully, after the full 12 weeks, she will be able to. I’m sorry that the migraines are giving you so much grief. It’s nice that our husband cooked. That salad looks really good! :)

Good morning! Today is another day in the house. I plan to pick something to reorganize and clean. Yesterday, I cleaned my makeup table, washed my extensive makeup brush collection, cleaned out the drawers, and got rid of all the stuff that was old or I didn’t wear. I take loving makeup a little too seriously and need to stop ordering stuff! :D I’m taking a day off from weights and will do a longer rebounder workout this morning. Have a great day! :)

Thursday Ice Breaker Question
    If you met someone that wanted advice on how to lose weight what would be something you would say to them?

I would tell them to stop overthinking their food choices and start by eliminating all snacking and junk food from their day. I would tell them that diets rarely work unless we get to the root of our issues, which is our thoughts about ourselves. And, of course, I would recommend looking up Jason Seib and his awesome program! Diligent Mind Self Care
  • txcritter69
    @trooworld I hope you have a wonderful Anniversary❤️
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 311 Member
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 264
    CW: 264
  • maryirisfroehlich
    maryirisfroehlich Posts: 26 Member
    maryirisfroehlich
    Weigh-in Friday