WaistAways Team Chat - September 2024

Replies

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,257 Member
    edited September 21
    @cleaneater80 feel better soon!

@jugar I hope Jasper's eye heals quickly!

We got to our beachfront hotel this afternoon, then walked around barefoot landing (shops) and then took a long walk on the beach. Currently we are sitting on our balcony listening to the waves 🌊
    o2x61xf9wbb0.jpgl0ir5n0hj5ny.jpg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,271 Member
    Another busy day! But the weigh-in at the start was not my fave moment...

Sigh.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,602 Member
    PW: 190.2 lbs
    CW: 189.8 lbs

A smaller loss than I was expecting with a great week of eating and workouts, but I will take it. I don’t think I have seen a 18- on the scale since 2022, so that was very encouraging!

This upcoming week, I have a work trip so I will do my best with the food choices I will have through the catered meals focusing on greens, fruit and lean proteins.
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 891 Member
    9/21/24
    Weigh In Day: SATURDAY
    PW (Previous Weight): 170.0
    CW (Current Weight): 169.0
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 311 Member
    PW: 180.2
    CW: 181.0

Considering all of the gluten bloat I had earlier this week and the working out I'm finally getting back to, this could have been worse. Sorry for the late post!
  • zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 123 Member
    Thank you @ashleycarole86 and @lauren_989

PW: 166.2
    CW: 145.7
    wce0qjobp4hn.png

I’m still trying to recover. I haven’t got my strength back. 🤞 2 weeks to recover.
  • lauren_989
    zankash23 wrote: »
    Thank you @ashleycarole86 and @lauren_989

PW: 166.2
    CW: 145.7
    wce0qjobp4hn.png

I’m still trying to recover. I haven’t got my strength back. 🤞 2 weeks to recover.

Just verifying your weight...I don't think you dropped 20 pounds in 1 week, even if you were sick!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,479 Member
    The Sep Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sun., Sep 22nd. Please join us for the second week of the Partner Up Walking Challenge! If you're new to this challenge, no problem, just find your partner, register in the chat thread (link below) and give us a name for your team! Rules are in the first post. Good luck! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10924143/september-week-4-group-challenge-week-2-of-the-partner-up-challenge/p1?new=1

See you in the chat thread!
    Jessica :blush:
  • jugar
    Least favourite garden task today :angry: The blueberry and currant patch has a deer fence around it made of plastic mesh. At the end of the summer we take it down to be able to clear the grass, weeds, evil blackberries, ferns, and everything else that grows up and traps the bottom of the fence down solid. Getting it unclipped from the poles and pulled out of the mass of vegetation is always a project, but it is done! I only have about 14 more blackberry thorns to get out of my hands, in spite of wearing gloves. The worst part of this job is how few steps I take during those couple of hours. I hope that cursing a blue streak burns calories.

Thanks for your steps @zankash23 - you're doing well in spite of still recovering. I hope you will be back to full vim and vigour soon :heart:
  • lauren_989
    Sunday: 14,024 + 3.75 mile jog @ 4.2 mph + 3.5 mile bike
    Monday: 12,574 + 60 minute body pump class
    Tuesday: 8,390
    Wednesday: 15,105
    Thursday: 13,248 + 3.75 mile jog @ 4.3 mph
    Friday: 15,705
    Saturday: 17,871

Nothing like a beach vacation to get steps in! 🌊

And some beautiful sunrise pics, no filters
    9uqw4ax1y3gr.jpgpubvlyuptf48.jpg
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 437 Member
    PW=80,00Kg
    CW=81,00Kg
  • lauren_989
    We are now recruiting new members for October! Please let your friends know and they can join our wonderful teams!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10924172/registration-for-new-members-october-2024#latest
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 148 Member
    Good afternoon Waistaways 🥰

Last night I cooked for 90 customers, phew! My last busy weekend until December 😊
    Now I can concentrate on my weightloss, hopefully. I really need to get out of this yoyo 🫣

CW 240.8lbs *sigh* 🤦

Have a lovely Sunday everyone 🥰
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 148 Member
    edited September 22
    @jugar @ashleycarole86 my missing steps:
    Wednesday 15,814
    Thursday 16,017
    Friday 14,975
    Saturday 15,796

I think that's the last of my high steps. Work is calming down a little and that's where my steps come from 🫣
    I think I need to do more dog walking from now on 🥰🤭
  • Heathere244
    Heathere244 Posts: 23 Member
    Heathere244
    PW 176.1
    CW 175
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,528 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    n7mhpmkjev8s.png
    3qecxm7gl0ac.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    cu4xr83vdfol.png

By Pounds
    9ki6kkqfwcxf.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    66zwja96p952.png

By Pounds
    qpqud2nbsu7d.png
    hvwfxaponeuy.png

Team Winners
    zoajip5s5hj0.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    bta6gjtjqn4g.png
  • lauren_989
    Congratulations to our team on coming in 3rd for this week!!

Shout out to our top losers: @cleaneater80 & @Heathere244 :)

We again had 55% of folks in the green this week!

There is only 1 more week left in September, let's make it a good one!

And here are the updated results for those participating in end the end of the year challenge:

ux2s6l5g3tlf.png
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 684 Member
    @lauren_989 awesome pics!! I can almost hear the waves from here

@jugar your garden always sounds amazing, and also like a ton of work haha. by evil blackberries, do you mean they are unwanted growth? (I personally love wild blackberries, especially when still unripe - so sour unlike the store bought ones!!)

Well, I was in a dreadful mood on Friday due to work and my weigh in. And it definitely contributed to binges Friday night and most of yesterday. boooooo. Getting back on track today. It was very rainy yesterday so I couldn't kayak, but I did get out for a walk at night which felt okay. I ran errands today, watched some football, and went for an almost-chilly kayak. Now more football and meal prep - and I must be in bed by 10pm, so I can get back on morning swims tomorrow.
  • jugar
    Kali225 wrote: »
    @jugar your garden always sounds amazing, and also like a ton of work haha. by evil blackberries, do you mean they are unwanted growth? (I personally love wild blackberries, especially when still unripe - so sour unlike the store bought ones!!)
    I really love them too - the wild blackberries - but they have the sharpest, pickiest, meanest, most horrible thorns of all plants on Earth, I swear.

A lot.
  • Lyss983
    Lyss983 Posts: 52 Member
    Current Weight: 162.6 lbs

Happy Monday, everyone! Starting week 2 of 2 of a smaller caloric deficit. Spent a good amount of time yesterday food prepping for this week: turkey meatballs to use in dinners, air fryer baby carrots and chickpeas to have in my lunch, a bunch of unbreaded chicken cutlets to use for lunches and snacks, plus some egg white/turkey scrambles for breakfast.

Have a great week!
  • lauren_989
    Hi team! We have a new member joining. Please welcome @Jen_967 :)
  • lauren_989
    Welcome @Jen_967! Tell us a little about yourself. The first few pages have our introductions and we will post new ones next month too.

@Lyss983 great job meal prepping for the week!

@Kali225 ok so you had a not so great weigh in followed by a binge. Time to pull up your bootstraps and get 1 perfect day!

I was hoping to go visit my husband's grandma in the nursing home for lunch, but didn't finish work in time. So now I will try to go for dinner right after work and then go to the gym. His mom has covid and been feeling pretty poorly and definitely doesn't want to give it to her mom!

I weighed myself this morning and I am up 2 pounds from vacation. Not bad, and I don't feel guilty since it was vacation and I didn't binge which is amazing, but I won't have a green weigh in this week most likely. But like I told Kay, get back to my 1 perfect day today.
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 891 Member
    @lauren_989 May I participate in the end of the year challenge?

@Jen_967 Welcome to the Team!
  • lauren_989
    StayFITTer wrote: »
    @lauren_989 May I participate in the end of the year challenge?

@Jen_967 Welcome to the Team!

Absolutely! What goal would you like to aim for?
  • jugar
    Wonderful Stepper/Exercisers !

For Week 3 you were without your usual Fearless Leader @ashleycarole86 - who is off taking zillions of steps, I'm sure, but happily staying away from computers, phones, and all the gadgets.

It was still a good week! The four of us who were counting made 356,038 steps. Impressive!!

Leaderboard:

@lauren_989 123,492
    @strong_fit_ells 101,236
    @jugar 80,191
    @zankash23 41,920

Together, with steps and exercise, we covered 155 miles / 250 km

That is 926 times across the London Bridge. If we also had been singing London Bridge is Falling Down that whole 926 times, we would have all gone mad, but luckily we did not!

• Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 281 Member
    edited September 24
    Good morning team,

I'm doing pretty good over here, husband had surgery yesterday, so I spent the day in the hospital waiting room, that was a complete joy. But he will be able to breathe now, so that's good. He had his deviated septum fixed, and sinuses cleaned out.

The scale was certainly nice to me this morning, so I am going to do my best to keep it up.

I found out my youngest is not reenlisting with the Air Force, so he will be moving home in March, which means my exercise room has to be dismantled. I know where to put the treadmill, but the rower is what I am currently using, and I just don't know where I will be able to put it, so I'm not super happy about that.

I have yet to have a perfect day yet, but they are getting better. Maybe today is the day !

Have a great day !

• lauren_989
    PW: 205.4
    CW: 206.8

Again, I'm not surprised and my weight is already coming down from vacation. Hoping for a green October!

@Gidgitgoescrzy that's nice your son will be home, but unfortuante you lose your work out room.
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,933 Member
    Hi everyone! I am 56 and live in Upstate New York. A little about me – I’ve been struggling with my weight most of my life. I had my first son when I was 19 years old. With my pregnancy I gained 60 pounds. So I was at 243 lbs. I lost 100 pounds after the after the pregnancy. Yay me! But then less than two years later I became pregnant again and gained all that weight back plus some. I have tried every weight loss plan known to man but nothing is worked. I have learned to eat better and exercise. But I’m still struggling I think It will be a huge help to have others to talk to better going to the same thing and hold me accountable. I’m also looking forward to getting to know all of you and your stories. Thank you for letting me join.
This discussion has been closed.