WaistAways Team Chat - September 2024

Replies

• Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 281 Member
    Good Morning Team

I DID IT! I had a PERFECT DAY ! I ate really well, I rowed for 20 minutes, I did not snack, and I met my step goal.

Hope you all have a wonderful day !
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 311 Member
    @Gidgitgoescrzy - WAY TO GO!!!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,257 Member
    @Gidgitgoescrzy wahoo!!

@Jen_967 welcome to our team! Let me know if you have any questions!

I had an ok day today. Work was busy and stressful and even body pump didn't calm my nerves. I also had a migraine last night and it didn't completely go away. The weather has been humid and rainy the last 3 days and now with the storm coming...my head is not happy!
  • lauren_989
    Hi Team! We have a new member joining! Please welcome @tammymoore24 :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,271 Member
    Good Morning Team

I DID IT! I had a PERFECT DAY ! I ate really well, I rowed for 20 minutes, I did not snack, and I met my step goal.

Hope you all have a wonderful day !

Didn't that feel Amazing? You are amazing!!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,395 Member
    PW: 159
    CW: 158.8

Sorry - my mom has been sick and I'm constantly having to run in between 3 houses and work - can you say burn out...I'm exhausted!!!!
  • jugar
    @fourathomej Yikes! I hope you can find someone to help out - burn-out and exhaustion are rough. Hugs flying your way.
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 281 Member
    PW 145.2
    CW 142.2

Woohooo those 5 days of striving for the perfect day and the 2 perfect days made a difference. Now lets see if I can continue this thru October.

Yesterday was good, I did some pilates, and some pt exercises for my feet/ ankles/ knees.

Okay off to work, have a wonderful day !
  • MaddawgMadsen
    PW: 181.0
    CW: 180.6

Welcome new members!

@fourathomej - I hope you get some help soon so that you don't completely burn out!
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 891 Member
    @lauren_989

Even though you quoted me, it didn’t tag me!

I decided to search the feed, so sorry did the delay in response.

157 would be the goal.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,395 Member
    edited September 26
    Thanks @MaddawgMadsen and @jugar On top of everything - My BFFs mom that I have called my second mom for 30 years now - passed away last night.

Looking into hiring someone for next week to supplement me having to head to BC for a funeral... :(
  • StayFITTer
    @Jen_967

Thank you for sharing your journey. I hope you find what you are looking for.

I’m a 40+ mom of 2 school aged boys from Michigan. I work as a volunteer director, but I teach a fitness class once a week and sub as needed—been teaching since around 2006.

Work has been challenging and I’ve allowed it to hijack my health. So this was the year I’ve chosen to put an end to it. Down roughly 20lb and working hard to keep it that way since I’ve moved back up a little these past few months.

Been apart of this group since Jan of this year. Very kind ladies.

Be encouraged and enjoy the journey
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 467 Member
    edited September 26
    @fourathomej - so sorry for your loss

PW - 163.4
    CW 167.6

Not sure how this happened with my weight because I've been pretty proud of myself staying consistent and eliminating the night time snacking but won't let it get me down.

My week is going strong, getting up to workout all this week and planning my meals is really helping me with my energy levels and staying on track. Not that we are at the tail end of Sept I feel like our schedule is more consistent and I have some good momentum.

What are you plans for the weekend? I am excited to take the dog on a good walk and clean up my garden as the frost has been threatening this week.
  • lauren_989
    @fourathomej I'm so sorry to hear of the passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend's family.

@StayFITTer what fitness class do you teach? I have you down for the end of the year goal! You are doing so awesome this year!

@cleaneater80 continue focusing on the process and the results will follow. Good for not getting too down about it!

We have friends coming over one of the weekend days for board games and tacos! Looking forward to that!

I had sinus migraines the past few days and today I woke up with body aches and a scratchy throat. Hope this isn't going to turn into anything.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 566 Member
    Hi everyone,
    It's wild that it's almost the very end of September and I haven't checked in since week 1. I'm going to sit it out until November or December.
    I'm selling a condo I've owned since 2009 (moved in 2016 when Sarah and I got together), and on November 1st, buying another place nearby, and then moving. I'm pretty sure my routines won't be sorted out for the next few months. I'll stop in as often as possible, though, and cheer you all on!
    Take care, y'all. <3
  • lauren_989
    The habit tracker is now open for October. Let's make a plan and prepare for your best month yet! B)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10924468/habit-tracker-october-2024#latest
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 566 Member
    Good morning team,

...I found out my youngest is not reenlisting with the Air Force, so he will be moving home in March, which means my exercise room has to be dismantled. I know where to put the treadmill, but the rower is what I am currently using, and I just don't know where I will be able to put it, so I'm not super happy about that...
    Well, that's too bad! Personally, I think keeping your equipment set up in that room could help your child make another choice about sleeping spaces, etc. Since he's coming home from military experience, he could very well have equipment wherever and still be fine with it. After all, the new you needs your equipment close to hand, doesn't it!?

@jugar you crack me up with the blackberry, burdock, garden, and Jasper descriptions! Wild times up north of the border.

Take care and make it a good day.

:smiley:
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 684 Member
    @lauren_989 I wish I could say I did some boostrap pulling up this week, but instead I have been socked in with a head cold of some kind. Can I be excused from WI tomorrow? Scale is unlikely to be my friend this week. Downing water and OTC meds as fast as possible!
  • lauren_989
    Hi Team, we have another new member joining us! Please welcome @janiss123!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    We still have pretty decent weather here in SW Colorado, so I am going to play pickleball tomorrow and then head over to my sister's house for games and dinner. Hopefully my nephew will be there. He just graduated from marine boot camp and is in town for a couple of days. Sunday is all about the chores.
  • StayFITTer
    edited September 28
    @lauren_989 I currently teach PiYo Live. Which was a Beachbody format.
    I sub mostly kickboxing and cycling these days and if needed strength classes.

Thanks for including me in the challenge. Less than 100 days left in the year…let’s go!!!
  • jugar
    CW 115.8

Hi all!
    Made it back from deepest darkest Ontario at about 1 am - doing back-to-back 8-9 hour drives Thursday and yesterday was not fun, but we made it! So my weigh in is late, but surprised the heck out of me. 2 days in a car and I lost weight??? I did get a good lot of steps in yesterday before we left, but somehow the weight came down. Weird!

I have a ton of stuff to do - see ya later!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,322 Member
    Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well. I would like to join the regular team for October please. Does that start tomorrow or one more week?

My starting weight is 219.5. I have a really great gym at school. Even my weightlifting son was drooling over it when he saw it. Thought it would be a shame not to use it. I am aiming for a small start. Just two days the first week of 15-20 minutes on the elliptical. I think I will do it Monday and Wednesday. I believe there is even a trainer in there who could answer my questions when I step it up eventually.

The good news (sort of) is that my weight stayed stable during my month away. But it’s still too high for me. This cannot be a set point. My steps have been pretty good as rangling first graders all day is busy work.

I also had a lovely girl date with my teaching team from last year. We took a lovely photo to mark the occasion. I wanted to cry when I saw how big I was in the picture. My family assured me I don’t REALLY look that big. I was in the front. They said it was the lens. I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♀️ In any case, it gave me a little push to get back to it and make a little change. So here I am. Missed you all. Will try to do some catching up.
  • lauren_989
    Hi team, we have a new member joining! Please welcome @drv123!
  • lauren_989
    @micki48 welcome back!! That is awesome you maintained last month! October starts tomorrow, so get ready!

@jugar nice loss this week!
This discussion has been closed.