WaistAways Team Chat - September 2024

Replies

• fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,395 Member
    edited September 11
    Sorry - this has been such a busy week...I just feel so overwhelmed and tired at the moment. I will get in more once things settle a bit.
    Have been missing my granddaughter - just no time...so I'm taking her shopping with me today :D She absolutely loves people and will smile and wave to everyone - TOO CUTE!
    7nl1ueeacr5d.jpg
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,257 Member
    @fourathomej your granddaughter is so adorable!! That is so cute she will wave to everyone!

@Gidgitgoescrzy I've got you down for the end of the year challenge!

@Heathere244 I have found that checking in here, even a few days a week will help keep me accountable. I'm not sure if it's chatting with everyone, or seeing other green numbers, but it can definitely help with motivation and support.

So glad we are halfway through the week! Went to body pump class tonight which was a good stress reliever. I did eat a chocolate bar today, but I didn't eat an extra snack with dinner to make up for it. :D
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,281 Member
    @lauren_989
    My end of the year goal - be under 250
  • ashleycarole86
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 262
    CW 263.6
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 281 Member
    pw 143.8
    CW 145.4

ARGH
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 311 Member
    PW: 181.2
    CW: 180.2

I haven't been exercising as much this week, but plan to go to CrossFit tonight. I always seem to put on weight (muscle) when I get back to CrossFit, so I'm not sure what next week will look like.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,602 Member
    Happy Friday!

PW: 191.2 lbs
    CW: 190.2 lbs

Coming off a week of eating half a doughnut for dessert almost every night (or two halves) and it being TOM for me, this was a pleasant surprise. I stuck to my workout plan with strength training, and I have spin class tomorrow and yoga on Sunday.

I ended up not going to my cooking club last week because I was not feeling well, likely symptoms related to my TOM starting. This weekend we have a play to see on Saturday, so we will be going out to dinner beforehand.

Work has been very busy; I am in meetings almost nonstop which means I have moved little outside of my workouts and walks with my dog. Earlier in the year, I debated on buying a walking pad, and now I think I should invest in it again. While I am only working from home two days a week now, it would be good to get more steps in on those days since I have my standing desk anyway.
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 684 Member
    Friday Weigh In
    PW: 253.9
    CW: 252.7

Fine. But I really want to up my loss per week to more like 2lbs than 1lb, so my goal for next week will be 251 or so.
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 192 Member
    edited September 13
    Username: Bowens1973
    CW: 246.4

Will be on vacation until October 7th getting my "wine on" in France. Will not be weighing in until I get back.
  • ashleycarole86
    Week 1 step report

Top steppers
    #1 @lauren_989 100,225 steps
    #2 @strong_fit_ells 85,708 steps
    #3 @ashleycarole86 67,328 steps

Consistency awards
    #1 @lauren_989 7 of 7 days meeting pledge
    #2 @strong_fit_ells 5 of 7 days meeting pledge (all five days that you reported on! Woo hoo)
    #3 @ashleycarole86 2 of 7 days meeting pledge

Big congrats to @lauren_989 as well for recording over 200 minutes of exercise minutes
    And this was also my grand return to the bike week! Woo hoo
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,271 Member
    CW 116.8

Just snuck back into my maintenance zone, now have to stay there! I'm surprised, though - I have been well over 117 and even up to 119 one day this week, which got me really wondering what was going on. I think, like others have noted, that doing more strength workouts was pushing things up for a while, but then those new muscle fibres start earning their keep by burning more calories than before. About time they got on the job!

What a Friday!

I decided a couple of days ago to join an online 30-day horse riding mini-course to help me move things along with Jasper. We are kind of stuck - I'm not a trainer and have mostly been a seat-of-the-pants kind of rider without a lot of formal training myself. I have picked up a lot along the way, but now I need some help. The local coach I could work with is just not the right person for me and this horse right now.

So today I had to make the "before" video! A friend came and filmed. The rules included tucking in my shirt and wearing a belt, and I was surprised that it felt OK to do that. Tight riding breeches are already a challenge to my body image, but I was very pleased to feel OK with the tucking in and belt routine. That should be a reminder to all that body image insecurity and wonkiness does not immediately go away when you lose the weight. I have been maintaining for over 10 years, and have gotten in good shape over the past few. I still feel somehow safer in loose clothing, but it is getting better!

Gotta go edit and submit that video... It's a bit too long, so I'll eliminate a repeated move or two. I hope I win one of the prizes for biggest improvement at the end :smiley:
  • lauren_989
    bowens1973 wrote: »
    Username: Bowens1973
    CW: 246.4

Will be on vacation until October 7th getting my "wine on" in France. Will not be weighing in until I get back.

@ashleycarole86 are you bringing your travel scale or would you like to be excused as well?
  • lauren_989
    Busy few days at work. So glad it's the weekend! I will relax some and need to jog one day. I have been a lot more active this week which is great. Ready for the step challenge next week with @strong_fit_ells!

@jugar that is awesome you can do online coaching for training and riding with Jasper! I hope you win the most improved!

@bowens1973 and @ashleycarole86 have a great trip to France! Show us some pictures when you get home!
  • lauren_989
    Feel better soon @zankash23!!
  • ashleycarole86
    Glad to have you back reporting steps @zankash23 ... sorry it took a breakdown for you to get the help you need but hopefully you're on the mend now!

@lauren_989 Next week I will weigh in early on Tuesday (the morning I leave) and then I'll need a pass for week 4 only. The lovely @jugar will record the steps for me while I'm gone. Thanks team!

I will still try to check in as I have down time... you'll be in my mind!!
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 437 Member
    PW=79,80Kg
    CW=80,00Kg
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,479 Member
    The September Week 3 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Sep 15th. Please join us for the Partner Up Walking Challenge we all love and enjoy!! Below is your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10923748/september-week-3-group-challenge-partner-up-walking-challenge#latest

Get registered in the chat thread and provide your team name and partner's name! This should be a fun week! Bring a friend and let's do this!
    Jessica
  • jugar
    I'm looking for a partner in this week's group challenge - anyone want to join steps with me? I need a good kick in the butt for walking these days.
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 891 Member
    9/14/24
    Weigh In Day: SATURDAY
    PW (Previous Weight):171.0
    CW (Current Weight): 170.0
  • lauren_989
    Sunday: 13,957 + 57 mins walk/jog @ 4.3 mph
    Monday: 8,114 + 60 minute body pump class
    Tuesday: 8,615
    Wednesday: 10,501 + 60 min body pump class
    Thursday: 8,260
    Friday: 10,215 + 2 mile jog @ 4.2mph
    Saturday: 15,588 + 30 min weight lifting
  • Heathere244
    Heathere244 Posts: 23 Member
    Heathere244

CW 176.1
    PW 177.1

I have my meal prep going for this week. I am excited to have a plan for work lunches and seeing how it goes. The show I watch suggested freezing your yogurt as I snack for the night, I am going to try that as well the hard part for finding a sweet treat that isn’t loaded with sugar. I am trying Damon light and fit coconut vanilla crossing my fingers.
  • lauren_989
    Heathere244

CW 176.1
    PW 177.1

I have my meal prep going for this week. I am excited to have a plan for work lunches and seeing how it goes. The show I watch suggested freezing your yogurt as I snack for the night, I am going to try that as well the hard part for finding a sweet treat that isn’t loaded with sugar. I am trying Damon light and fit coconut vanilla crossing my fingers.

I love that you are meal prepping!! Definitely let us know how that goes this week! and I love those Dannon light and fit greek yogurts. Coconut vanilla is good. My favorite is pumpkin pie and it just came out!!
  • ashleycarole86
    @jugar I'd love to partner up with you but my week is going to be a bit unpredictable with the travel! I am certainly going to try to step as much as I can!

Steps for last week -
    Sep 8 - 8163 steps
    Sep 9 - 15114 steps
    Sep 10 - 5514 steps
    Sep 11 - 9098 steps
    Sep 12 - 9224 steps
    Sep 13 - 2812 steps
    Sep 14 - 3106 steps
  • jugar
    edited September 15
    @jugar I'd love to partner up with you but my week is going to be a bit unpredictable with the travel! I am certainly going to try to step as much as I can!

Steps for last week -
    Sep 8 - 8163 steps
    Sep 9 - 15114 steps
    Sep 10 - 5514 steps
    Sep 11 - 9098 steps
    Sep 12 - 9224 steps
    Sep 13 - 2812 steps
    Sep 14 - 3106 steps

I came here to say heck yeah! But then I see that on the challenge thread someone offered, and Jessica already has me paired up. There are still some folks looking for partners if you want the accountability, but I'm sure you'll be walking plenty over there.

Have a fantastic time in beautiful France!
This discussion has been closed.