JMBR start 9/30/13

Options
KMJ1686
KMJ1686 Posts: 106 Member
I'm back at JMBR again for the second time. First time was a year ago and only got through phase 1. I ended up with the flu and never went back. I seen great results just from the first month. I dropped 3 pant sizes and was totally amazed. Within the last year I gained back the weight, plus some, and I'm back to my old sizes again. So here I am again round 2 and this time I plan to stick with it for the 3 months! I started Monday- 9/30!

Replies

• NadDrew
    NadDrew Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Good for you, I love JMBR I'm doing it again, and again I think it is a good strenght training and I do 30 minits extra on my treadmills or stairs master...6 days a week.
  • ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I also did it about a year ago and gave up halfway through phase 2, have put the weight back on (and then some). I started October 2. Could use a buddy to keep me honest! Determined to stick with it this time!
  • KMJ1686
    Options
    NadDrew- Thank you! :happy: :happy:

ktno1- Thats great that you've come back and to try it again! Last week I completely forgot how hard she really is lol I've decided to only do workouts M-F, seeing I do Zumba twice a week my second Zumba day will be my other cardio. I did that last year too and still got good results. I've read that some people think the cardio dvd is boring or to easy, to me I think it's hard lol I'd rather do 3 hours of Zumba than a 30 min cardio dvd with her lol I'm ready to start week 2 and keep pushing at it! You're more than welcome to add me on here but honestly I'm not on and don't communicate a lot--I just use the site for the logging my food because it's cheaper than Weight Watchers haha. I check the group here and there, seeing pics and stories gets me going! Best of luck and I know you can do it :smile:
  • ktno1
    Options
    haha when I did body revolution last year I did the kickstart week which meant doing the cardio 1 dvd 6 days in a row (and twice on wed and sat). By the end of that week I never wanted to see that dvd ever again! And a year later, I'm STILL sick of cardio 1, but it's still a challenge because I'm unfit so I'm making myself do it (the fact that it's only about 25mins is pretty convenient for me!).

Anyway, I'm on my first rest day today. Woo! Good luck to you too! :)
  • Happytofu
    Happytofu Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm on day two of the quickstart (including the meal plan, modified to be ovo-vegetarian). It was very humbling for me to switch from my gym membership to JM DVDs. I thought I was in pretty good shape but my previous strength routine was pathetic and my cardio was always the stuff you can manage to keep up for an hour, albeit barely.

I have a question, though. I did levels one and two of R30 before this, and BFBM once, and after every new workout I get crazy DOMs that requires at least two rest days. Does this continue for all twelve workouts? Is it just me?
  • ktno1
    Options
    I have a question, though. I did levels one and two of R30 before this, and BFBM once, and after every new workout I get crazy DOMs that requires at least two rest days. Does this continue for all twelve workouts? Is it just me?

I had DOMS badly through the first week but because each workout works different muscle groups I just pushed through it and didn't skip any workouts (just took my usual rest day each week). Both times I've done this program, the soreness has been gone by the end of the second week. Just my personal experience.
  • KeepCalmAndWODOn
    KeepCalmAndWODOn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Man I have to start again. I have the box out and ready to go! I will start this week sometime!!
  • KMJ1686
    Options

I had DOMS badly through the first week but because each workout works different muscle groups I just pushed through it and didn't skip any workouts (just took my usual rest day each week). Both times I've done this program, the soreness has been gone by the end of the second week. Just my personal experience.

I just started week 2 yesterday and I'm less sore than when I started...it does start to go away but definitely continue and push through it.
  • alynn2388
    Options
    Ok here I go, starting again. I think I will start on week two as the first two weeks of DVDs have been on the easier side for me. I will also be going to the gym every other day to add some cardio and maybe a weight day. I seriously need some motivation and someone to keep me accountable, so feel free to add me please!
  • ktno1
    Options
    Starting Week 2 today!
  • Happytofu
    Options
    Thanks guys! The main reason I switched to BR before finishing R30 was the workouts seemed much better for working up slowly and factoring in recovery time. I'm still doing the R30 level two workout once a week to ensure I can easily go back.

Honestly, I was sooooo going to slack yesterday. I have an exhausting job (running around with elementary kids all day) and a typhoon hit so I walked home in the rain instead of biking which takes twice as long. I fell into bed without dinner and was completely ready to sleep through the evening, but when I woke up at 8pm, I got up and went over to my TV and did my workout because ktno1's voice was in my head! Then of course I had Jillian's actual voice telling me this is soooo easy, just phase one, just thirty minutes... it's definitely an effective strategy on me. Plus, compared to R30, it IS really easy (for now) so I have no excuse.
  • ktno1
    Options
    Thanks guys! The main reason I switched to BR before finishing R30 was the workouts seemed much better for working up slowly and factoring in recovery time. I'm still doing the R30 level two workout once a week to ensure I can easily go back.

Honestly, I was sooooo going to slack yesterday. I have an exhausting job (running around with elementary kids all day) and a typhoon hit so I walked home in the rain instead of biking which takes twice as long. I fell into bed without dinner and was completely ready to sleep through the evening, but when I woke up at 8pm, I got up and went over to my TV and did my workout because ktno1's voice was in my head! Then of course I had Jillian's actual voice telling me this is soooo easy, just phase one, just thirty minutes... it's definitely an effective strategy on me. Plus, compared to R30, it IS really easy (for now) so I have no excuse.

Haha awesome! Great work! Remember: no excuses :)
  • alynn2388
    Options
    Wow! Great job!!!!!!!!!

• KMJ1686
    Options

I feel like that on some days and her voice when it comes to that part of the DVD "this is sooooo easy" I sometimes laugh lol It's definitely harder for me though, I have a heart issue (Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia) mouth full I know lol and I have an exercise intollerance which means some people after they workout they feel "great", "energized" etc... me on the other hand I want to go to bed after because I'm so tired. I never use my heart issue as an excuse though, I know when my body is being pushed to the limit and I slow it down but I always continue. My mom wonders how I can do this DVD--she's in great shape and Jillian kicks her butt lol I just say it's 30 minutes and thats what I love about it...you work A LOT of muscles in 30 minutes! We can all do this! :smile:
    I have cardio today--my least favorite lol
  • Happytofu
    Options
    I feel like that on some days and her voice when it comes to that part of the DVD "this is sooooo easy" I sometimes laugh lol It's definitely harder for me though, I have a heart issue (Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia) mouth full I know lol and I have an exercise intollerance which means some people after they workout they feel "great", "energized" etc... me on the other hand I want to go to bed after because I'm so tired. I never use my heart issue as an excuse though, I know when my body is being pushed to the limit and I slow it down but I always continue. My mom wonders how I can do this DVD--she's in great shape and Jillian kicks her butt lol I just say it's 30 minutes and thats what I love about it...you work A LOT of muscles in 30 minutes! We can all do this! :smile:
    I have cardio today--my least favorite lol

Wow, it's awesome that you push through it. I keep encouraging my parents to workout more but they're both obese and use that as an excuse to avoid even low-impact stuff... which is really circular reasoning (arrgghh) but at least they're doing WW now. It's so easy to invent flimsy excuses and even with a legitimate one you keep going!

I do agree cardio sucks. Honestly, I gave up on the quickstart yesterday when it was supposed to be double cardio. YAWN. I mix in running and kickboxing and other misc cardio so it's the same essential outcome so far as I can tell.
  • KMJ1686
    Options
    Wow, it's awesome that you push through it. I keep encouraging my parents to workout more but they're both obese and use that as an excuse to avoid even low-impact stuff... which is really circular reasoning (arrgghh) but at least they're doing WW now. It's so easy to invent flimsy excuses and even with a legitimate one you keep going!

I do agree cardio sucks. Honestly, I gave up on the quickstart yesterday when it was supposed to be double cardio. YAWN. I mix in running and kickboxing and other misc cardio so it's the same essential outcome so far as I can tell.

Thanks! Believe me I have my own excuses too lol I've been overweight pretty much my whole life and always been the yo-yo dieter. I would just like for once to fit into "normal" size clothes and be happy with the way I look...I'll get there...and hopfully I'll stick with the program this time. I have to say, did cardio yesterday and still hate it just as much lol I didn't do the kickstart I just jump right into the program. If all goes well I'll be done at the end of December...actually it has to go well I'm not giving myself no other choice haha
  • ktno1
    Options
    If all goes well I'll be done at the end of December...actually it has to go well I'm not giving myself no other choice haha

Me too. Should be done the day before Christmas if I do 12 weeks instead of the 13 (and honestly I will probably be enjoying holidays and not bothering with the 13th week!) I'm so determined to get it all done by then. Having said that, today is cardio day and I'm really struggling to make myself do it. Because I did the kickstart last year, I've already done cardio 1 far too many times! But I'll get it done. We all will. Let's keep at it!
  • ktno1
    Options
    I HATE running man. I can't do it and I hate it. It just makes my quads and my calves burn so badly. Today I did it all the way through the first time. The second time I had to keep dropping my arms to my sides and just do the legs every so often. The third time I replaced the last 20 seconds of it with jogging on the spot.

I just can't do it and everything else on Cardio 1 is actually ok except stupid running man! Argh!

It seems so simple when they do it but it just really sucks!

Sorry for the rant. Still proud I got through the entire workout without stopping :)
  • KMJ1686
    Options
    I HATE running man. I can't do it and I hate it. It just makes my quads and my calves burn so badly. Today I did it all the way through the first time. The second time I had to keep dropping my arms to my sides and just do the legs every so often. The third time I replaced the last 20 seconds of it with jogging on the spot.

I just can't do it and everything else on Cardio 1 is actually ok except stupid running man! Argh!

It seems so simple when they do it but it just really sucks!

Sorry for the rant. Still proud I got through the entire workout without stopping :)

Oh I hate running man too...last week for doing Cardio for the first time my calves hurt for like 4 days! This time they were better but still burned! I do them...but don't swing my arms up as far as they do and I have a focus point in my living room that I look at while doing certain moves lol I also hate summos (spelling? lol) I just jog/run back in forth really fast during that part and keep my heart rate up. I could not do it last year and didn't even try this year lol

I start week 3 on Monday...weighed myself today and I'm down 4lbs since last week! I'm part of a group on Facebook, gives motivation, tips/ideas...nothing to do with JMBR different group but someone posted last night that they started a paper clip chain...1 paper clip for every pound lost and a colored on for every 5. I thought that was neat and I'm going to try that out.

Don't be sorry for the rant...it happens...Jillian is a tough cookie lol I also think of those people on Biggest Loser...I think if I can just do only 30mins I'm good...I don't think I'd ever last on that show with her!
  • ktno1
    Options
    I figure it doesn't hugely matter if we're not doing 100% of what she's doing. As long as the heart rate's up and calories are burning, that's all cardio is really for anyway!

I like the paper clip idea. Although since I measure in kg I won't be seeing a new one quite as often!