• ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    So here are my phase 1 results!

Weight: lost 4.3kg (9.5 lbs)
    Waist: lost 1.5"
    Hips: lost 1.5"
    Neck: lost 1"

I didn't take any other measurements and I only took my "start" measurements at the beginning of week 2 so I've possibly lost more inches than what I've posted here.

Overall I am VERY happy with this and excited for phase 2! :)
  • ktno1
    Options
    Apparently the swelling and pain I had yesterday are here to stay. I have fifth disease, caught from the kids. My joints are killing me lot of tingling and itching and just walking up the stairs is exhausting. So it looks like I am out for at least the next few days. I can't believe I am missing exercising but I am.

:( that sucks! Feel better!
  • greatmom2
    greatmom2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am behind on this as I just started yesterday. Is it just me or does it drive anyone else crazy in workout 1 that she only does side crunches for the leg abductions on one side? Both times through she only does them on the same side! This usually does not bother me as I am very familiar with her sometimes doing this in other videos but normally she doesn't skip the same side more than once. When I was doing Insanity, there was the same issue on one of those DVD's as well, so this is definitely not limited to Jillian, and I still love her (or what she does to contribute to weight loss and a rockin' body), but it just struck me as odd. I am going to just try to remember the next 3 times doing this workout to do the side ab crunches on the other side as well. :) You are all very inspirational, and I really love reading what to expect next! I hope to see great changes throughout this program!
    Another question for you all! I have read that in order to make this a 90 day program, it can't be 2 weeks on each portion because that would only be 84 days. I don't have the schedule, so can anyone inform me if the extra week is the optional Kickstart week and then you do 2 more weeks of workout 1, 2, and cardio 1 (I truly hope not though; I'm looking forward to moving on to workout 3 and 4 more quickly than that, but I will do whatever the schedule is) or do you just do another week of workouts 11 and 12 at the end? There seems to controversy between the 2 from what I have read! :) I'm not doing the kickstart week this week because I am just trying to get used to doing a daily routine again, but was contemplating switching it up a bit by doing the kickstart week next week instead. :) Thanks for any answers to this!
  • KMJ1686
    KMJ1686 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    So here are my phase 1 results!

Weight: lost 4.3kg (9.5 lbs)
    Waist: lost 1.5"
    Hips: lost 1.5"
    Neck: lost 1"

I didn't take any other measurements and I only took my "start" measurements at the beginning of week 2 so I've possibly lost more inches than what I've posted here.

Overall I am VERY happy with this and excited for phase 2! :)

Amazing results!!!! Great job!! :):)
  • KMJ1686
    Options
    I am behind on this as I just started yesterday. Is it just me or does it drive anyone else crazy in workout 1 that she only does side crunches for the leg abductions on one side? Both times through she only does them on the same side! This usually does not bother me as I am very familiar with her sometimes doing this in other videos but normally she doesn't skip the same side more than once. When I was doing Insanity, there was the same issue on one of those DVD's as well, so this is definitely not limited to Jillian, and I still love her (or what she does to contribute to weight loss and a rockin' body), but it just struck me as odd. I am going to just try to remember the next 3 times doing this workout to do the side ab crunches on the other side as well. :) You are all very inspirational, and I really love reading what to expect next! I hope to see great changes throughout this program!
    Another question for you all! I have read that in order to make this a 90 day program, it can't be 2 weeks on each portion because that would only be 84 days. I don't have the schedule, so can anyone inform me if the extra week is the optional Kickstart week and then you do 2 more weeks of workout 1, 2, and cardio 1 (I truly hope not though; I'm looking forward to moving on to workout 3 and 4 more quickly than that, but I will do whatever the schedule is) or do you just do another week of workouts 11 and 12 at the end? There seems to controversy between the 2 from what I have read! :) I'm not doing the kickstart week this week because I am just trying to get used to doing a daily routine again, but was contemplating switching it up a bit by doing the kickstart week next week instead. :) Thanks for any answers to this!

Yes I noticed that too but I do the other side so the other side isn't left out haha. Week 10 or 11 is doubled, so Phase 3 is 5wks instead of 4. I did not do the kickstart week...nor am I following her meal plan. I stick between 1200-1400 calories and don't eat back the "extra" calories from exercising.

Good luck!! You got this!!
  • ktno1
    Options

Hahaha that always bugged me! The first time through I'd do them on the left because that's when she mentions it. But then the 2nd time through I'd preempt her and do them on the right because it felt weird just exercising one side of my abs!

And as for your question: the kickstart week replaces your normal week 1.
    So it would be
    Day 1: WO1, Cardio 1
    Day 2: WO2, Cardio 1
    Day 3: Cardio 1, Cardio 1
    Day 4: WO1, Cardio 1
    Day 5: WO2, Cardio 1
    Day 6: Cardio 1, Cardio 1
    Day 7: Rest

Week 2 you do the same thing but without the extra cardio every day. Week 3 you move on to workouts 3 and 4.

The extra week comes from doing workouts 11, 12, and cardio 3 for 3 weeks instead of 2. I feel like this is just a gimmick in order to label it as a "90 day" or "3 month" program and it feels like it was tacked on by marketing people and wasn't the original plan for the program. So I won't be doing it, plus I will finish Week 12 on Christmas eve which is a perfect time to take some weeks off from Jillian. I also didn't do the kickstart because I hate cardio 1 and the kickstart last year nearly killed me!
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    The extra week comes from doing workouts 11, 12, and cardio 3 for 3 weeks instead of 2. I feel like this is just a gimmick in order to label it as a "90 day" or "3 month" program and it feels like it was tacked on by marketing people and wasn't the original plan for the program.
    {quote}
    I feel the same, I think I'm going to mix up the workouts at the end. I'll have 9 days until Christmas Eve after week 12 is complete so I'm going to pick which ever work outs I fancy doing until the holiday.
  • ktno1
    Options
    The extra week comes from doing workouts 11, 12, and cardio 3 for 3 weeks instead of 2. I feel like this is just a gimmick in order to label it as a "90 day" or "3 month" program and it feels like it was tacked on by marketing people and wasn't the original plan for the program.
    {quote}
    I feel the same, I think I'm going to mix up the workouts at the end. I'll have 9 days until Christmas Eve after week 12 is complete so I'm going to pick which ever work outs I fancy doing until the holiday.

That sounds like a MUCH better idea! It's like how they called her workout the 30 Day Shred and people got the idea to do it for 30 consecutive days. Jillian has come out and said that it's meant to be done alternating with cardio days and taking at least 1 rest day a week, and that doing it for 30 consecutive days is not healthy and can increase risk of injury and wasn't at all her intention. Stupid marketing gimmicks!
  • ktno1
    Options
    I have finished cardio 1 for the last time ever. I am exhausted and sweaty and gross but I have a giant unremovable grin on my face :D
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am on week 10 and I agree, it seems like the final week was an add on. I think it is in workout ten when she says "you are almost in the final two weeks of this crazy program" or something along those lines.

It seems like the workouts where a one take deal and that was it. I think it may be in one of the phase 2 workouts that she says there is only one circuit left when there were really still two. I can not tell you how hopeful I was to hear there were only three for that workout and how disappointed when she said time for circuit four :O)
  • KMJ1686
    Options
    I am on week 10 and I agree, it seems like the final week was an add on. I think it is in workout ten when she says "you are almost in the final two weeks of this crazy program" or something along those lines.

It seems like the workouts where a one take deal and that was it. I think it may be in one of the phase 2 workouts that she says there is only one circuit left when there were really still two. I can not tell you how hopeful I was to hear there were only three for that workout and how disappointed when she said time for circuit four :O)

OMG that is in workout 5 where she lies!!! Lol...when she said that I was like oh thank god...then...she says "Ok circuit 4" I'm like what??? Yes I was hopeful too that there were "only 3" :grumble:
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I.

lol me too!:sad:
  • KMJ1686
    Options
    Very sore today! The last circuit in workout 6 really works your abs! Boy am I feeling it today!
  • KMJ1686
    Options
    Started Cardio 2 today...and I did not like it lol I was only 10 minutes in and switched to do Turbo Jam (seems quite popular from this site) I did the 20 minute one and I think I'll be sticking to that lol Little confusing at first but I caught on quick...and it's a workout--but it's fun!
  • ktno1
    Options

It's in workout 5. I did it yesterday and I wanted to stab her for lying to me!!!
  • ktno1
    Options
    Started Cardio 2 today...and I did not like it lol I was only 10 minutes in and switched to do Turbo Jam (seems quite popular from this site) I did the 20 minute one and I think I'll be sticking to that lol Little confusing at first but I caught on quick...and it's a workout--but it's fun!

I actually don't mind cardio 2 because the intervals are much quicker but it's still quite dull I guess. I just don't get why things like towel runs and punches (so easy) are in cardio 2 yet cardio 1 (supposedly low impact) had running man.
  • ktno1
    Options
    Also has anyone else noticed how lazy Jillian is putting together some of these workouts. WO5 has those woodchopper things and single leg squats. Then in WO6 you do woodchoppers but you lunge so it's totally different and you also do single leg squats but you do something different with your arm so that's totally different too. What happened to giving my muscles a break for two days, Jillian?!
  • greatmom2
    greatmom2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thank you for everyone's replies! This seems like such a great group!!
    I just finished workout 2 that I skipped yesterday, and I am amazed at how out of shape I have become (especially since just a little over 2 months ago, I completed a month of Insanity)!! I am barely even able to keep my balance during the lunge ab twists things. Lunges have always been a weakness of mine (although upper body is my complete weakness) and now I have to turn while doing them!! I will just hope that I truly do master this quicker than what I think so that I don't feel bad about moving on to workouts 3 and 4 after next week!! :)
    By the way, glad to hear that Cardio 2 has 30 second intervals. 30 seconds I can handle. A minute per exercise is pushing it! Reminds me too much of Pure Cardio in Insanity!! That is just too long to stay on one move! I might have to substitute in Turbo Jam or Zumba ocassionally as I have seen others do so that I don't get burned out!! :)
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options

By the way, glad to hear that Cardio 2 has 30 second intervals. 30 seconds I can handle. A minute per exercise is pushing it! Reminds me too much of Pure Cardio in Insanity!! That is just too long to stay on one move! I might have to substitute in Turbo Jam or Zumba ocassionally as I have seen others do so that I don't get burned out!! :)

Well good news is Cardio 3 is only 20 seconds per move.
  • ktno1
    Options
    Thank you for everyone's replies! This seems like such a great group!!
    I just finished workout 2 that I skipped yesterday, and I am amazed at how out of shape I have become (especially since just a little over 2 months ago, I completed a month of Insanity)!! I am barely even able to keep my balance during the lunge ab twists things. Lunges have always been a weakness of mine (although upper body is my complete weakness) and now I have to turn while doing them!! I will just hope that I truly do master this quicker than what I think so that I don't feel bad about moving on to workouts 3 and 4 after next week!! :)

Those twisting lunge things look so easy but not only were my legs burning but I was also falling all over the place! My experience with these workouts is by the time you've done them for 2 weeks you just about master everything. I couldn't believe how out of shape I was after doing workouts 1 and 2 for the first time. But by the time I'd done them for the fourth time each, I was feeling confident and ready for a challenge with workouts 3 and 4. If you push yourself to your absolute limits you will progress in strength and endurance pretty fast! I took a sneak-peak at workout 5 a few weeks ago and nearly passed out just watching it. And yet, I did it yesterday and I made it through. It was super hard and I couldn't fully keep up but (if it's anything like the first 4 workouts) I'll be able to do just about all of it when I try it for the 3rd and 4th time. It's awesome seeing your improvements each time you repeat the workout!

Cardio 2 is harder than cardio 1. It's a bit longer (more exercises, so more talking/explaining) and my heart rate gets much higher, but I still WAY prefer it. Cardio 1 is awful! 1 minute is definitely too long to be doing the same thing!