JMBR start 9/30/13

Options

Replies

• ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options

By the way, glad to hear that Cardio 2 has 30 second intervals. 30 seconds I can handle. A minute per exercise is pushing it! Reminds me too much of Pure Cardio in Insanity!! That is just too long to stay on one move! I might have to substitute in Turbo Jam or Zumba ocassionally as I have seen others do so that I don't get burned out!! :)

Well good news is Cardio 3 is only 20 seconds per move.

This is the greatest thing I've heard all year!
  • greatmom2
    greatmom2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

By the way, glad to hear that Cardio 2 has 30 second intervals. 30 seconds I can handle. A minute per exercise is pushing it! Reminds me too much of Pure Cardio in Insanity!! That is just too long to stay on one move! I might have to substitute in Turbo Jam or Zumba ocassionally as I have seen others do so that I don't get burned out!! :)

Just the words 'Cardio 3' sounds tough, but good to know only 20 seconds per move!! :) It is a mind game with me, and I can trick it for short periods. The minute long exercises stretch that time limit though, and I start to feel weak! :) I am so excited to start this journey through the 90 days of Body Revolution, and that I have such great ladies to discuss it with along the way that know exactly what I'm talking about! :)
  • ktno1
    Options
    Workout 6 was tough! But generally I liked it. I really liked the plank rows, and stork pose, and the cable bicep curls. I liked the last circuit too but I can't do the windscreen wipers. At all. Not even a little bit. And when running man made an appearance I was not impressed but I still did it for the whole time. Stupid running man!
  • ktno1
    Options

Just the words 'Cardio 3' sounds tough, but good to know only 20 seconds per move!! :) It is a mind game with me, and I can trick it for short periods. The minute long exercises stretch that time limit though, and I start to feel weak! :) I am so excited to start this journey through the 90 days of Body Revolution, and that I have such great ladies to discuss it with along the way that know exactly what I'm talking about! :)

Glad to have you aboard the JMBR ship :)
  • Happytofu
    Happytofu Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go back and read all your great posts that I missed, but I just briefly wanted to say that I was crazy frustrated by how much I sucked at W5 but I just finished W6 and it made me feel pretty great.

I definitely agree that wood chop two days in a row is lazy/stupid/goes against everything we hear about 48 hours of recovering for muscles. Then again, Jillian is infamous for workouts like 30DS and R30 which work exactly the same muscles in exactly the same way six days in a row, so, hmmm.

As for cardio, I honestly love C1 and do it every day. My first day for C2 will be tomorrow so we'll see how that goes.

EDIT: Woah, congratulations on all you guys with your lost pounds/inches!! I took pictures but I was only bothered to measure my waist and thighs so maybe that was a mistake. I actually haven't lost ANY WEIGHT despite eating a deficit, but my clothes are definitely looser, so I'm just chalking it up to muscle replacing the fat. Maybe this week it'll happen!!
  • ktno1
    Options
    I'm going to go back and read all your great posts that I missed, but I just briefly wanted to say that I was crazy frustrated by how much I sucked at W5 but I just finished W6 and it made me feel pretty great.

I completely agree. 5 was so demoralising but 6 was generally enjoyable. I was exhausted at the end of both but I felt WAY better at the end of 6. On the bright side, I've got 3 more tries to improve at 5 so maybe I'll feel better about it after a few more attempts.
  • ktno1
    Options
    EDIT: Woah, congratulations on all you guys with your lost pounds/inches!! I took pictures but I was only bothered to measure my waist and thighs so maybe that was a mistake. I actually haven't lost ANY WEIGHT despite eating a deficit, but my clothes are definitely looser, so I'm just chalking it up to muscle replacing the fat. Maybe this week it'll happen!!

Kinda hard to tell from your pic but I'm assuming you don't have that much to lose, so it will come off pretty slowly anyway. Plus most people lose big time in phase 2 on this program. Also take more measurements NOW so that at the end of phase 2 you can see just how many inches have melted away :)
  • ktno1
    Options
    Did anybody else just laugh in WO5 in the middle of 3rd circuit after cable flyes and crab dips when she said the cardio interval was cable punches? I couldn't help but laugh. She has GOT to be joking! I just did them without the cable. I might try with the cable next time but seriously, after THAT circuit there was no way my arms could handle that and then manage to get through the same circuit all over again.

I also noticed Mimi's cable was hanging completely loose during the punches so she had no resistance at all haha she's such a cheater!
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options

I completely agree. 5 was so demoralising but 6 was generally enjoyable. I was exhausted at the end of both but I felt WAY better at the end of 6. On the bright side, I've got 3 more tries to improve at 5 so maybe I'll feel better about it after a few more attempts.

I just did my last WO5 and I am NOT sorry to say goodbye, although I'm sure there is certainly worse to come, it has so far been the one I disliked the most. :grumble:
  • KMJ1686
    KMJ1686 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

I enjoyed workout 6 more than 5 and definitly can tell I'm getting stronger...those woodchops where a little confusing at first and I couldn't keep my balance, especially since she says look at the weight as your swinging it...yeah that made it much harder lol
  • KMJ1686
    Options
    Did anybody else just laugh in WO5 in the middle of 3rd circuit after cable flyes and crab dips when she said the cardio interval was cable punches? I couldn't help but laugh. She has GOT to be joking! I just did them without the cable. I might try with the cable next time but seriously, after THAT circuit there was no way my arms could handle that and then manage to get through the same circuit all over again.

I also noticed Mimi's cable was hanging completely loose during the punches so she had no resistance at all haha she's such a cheater!

I agree! My arms were like jello haha---I'll have to look for Mimi's cable and see what a cheater she is lol
  • babyblues72
    babyblues72 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I too am starting this for the 2nd time. I bought this last year and got pregnant soon after starting, so had to put all the DVDs on the shelf. I started 3 weeks ago, but injured my foot so am repeating week 2 because I can't do some of the higher impact stuff in workout 3. I'm finding the meal an too time consuming and expensive. Do people just follow the net 1200 calories on MFP, or do you keep your total calories consumed under1200?
  • KMJ1686
    Options
    I too am starting this for the 2nd time. I bought this last year and got pregnant soon after starting, so had to put all the DVDs on the shelf. I started 3 weeks ago, but injured my foot so am repeating week 2 because I can't do some of the higher impact stuff in workout 3. I'm finding the meal an too time consuming and expensive. Do people just follow the net 1200 calories on MFP, or do you keep your total calories consumed under1200?

That's great that your back!

I'm very picky so her meal plan is not for me. I've seen others also just doing it on their own. I stick to around 1200-1400 calories and don't eat back my extra calories I gain for exercising.

Best of luck! :)
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I feel there are a few cheaters or at least a few phoning it in. I look at Anita going all the way into the move and then people like Mimi and Nat do not seem to be getting down as far. Makes me feel a little better about my limits.

I just stick to what MFP gave me to lose weight, which happened to be 1200 calories. I eat my exercise calories back too and have been losing.
  • Happytofu
    Options
    My BMI is 22, which is fine, I realize, but I was at 20 last year and I'd like to get back there. I'm obviously getting stronger but those extra 5kg hide any visible sculpting in my stomach. I have heard real progress begins in P2, so we'll see!

My resistance band isn't long enough for most of the workouts so I tend to hold heavy weights instead. Actually, W6's bicep curls was the first time I was able to use my band exactly how she wanted.
  • ktno1
    Options

I just did my last WO5 and I am NOT sorry to say goodbye, although I'm sure there is certainly worse to come, it has so far been the one I disliked the most. :grumble:

Firstly, congratulations! And secondly, WO7, 9 and 11 are probably all worse than 5! :(
  • ktno1
    Options

Welcome aboard! I never even considered following the meal plan. It's ludicrous. I aim to consume 1200 calories a day. If I'm still hungry after that I will eat back about half of my exercise calories (~150 calorie snack). So still following her 1200 calories rule, aiming for higher protein and lower carbs (not super low, just slightly reduced). I lost nearly 10 lbs in phase 1 doing this so it's definitely working for me! :)
  • ktno1
    Options
    I feel there are a few cheaters or at least a few phoning it in. I look at Anita going all the way into the move and then people like Mimi and Nat do not seem to be getting down as far. Makes me feel a little better about my limits.

I just stick to what MFP gave me to lose weight, which happened to be 1200 calories. I eat my exercise calories back too and have been losing.

Natalie is SO lazy. She was bad in 30DS as well. As soon as she thinks the camera's not on her, she just stands there and stops doing the exercise!
  • ktno1
    Options
    My BMI is 22, which is fine, I realize, but I was at 20 last year and I'd like to get back there. I'm obviously getting stronger but those extra 5kg hide any visible sculpting in my stomach. I have heard real progress begins in P2, so we'll see!

My resistance band isn't long enough for most of the workouts so I tend to hold heavy weights instead. Actually, W6's bicep curls was the first time I was able to use my band exactly how she wanted.

I had a bunch of resistance bands to substitute for hers but they never really worked the same. Ended up just ordering her cable from amazon for like $12 and it's actually really good. Glad I spent the money.

Anyway, good luck on those last stubborn kgs! Hopefully phase 2 will kick their butt and melt them away! :)
  • Happytofu
    Options
    I had a bunch of resistance bands to substitute for hers but they never really worked the same. Ended up just ordering her cable from amazon for like $12 and it's actually really good. Glad I spent the money.

Anyway, good luck on those last stubborn kgs! Hopefully phase 2 will kick their butt and melt them away! :)

That would be tempting if I shipping here didn't cost more than the thing itself. I may grab one next time I'm in the states, though.

Thanks! I do confess that I'm not as good as you guys with calories. I usually eat around 1,400-1,600 a day but that's lower than my BMR without active lifestyle or exercise factored in. My job involves a lot of running around and I don't own a car or even a chair, so whenever I try to stick closer to 1,200 my energy tanks and it's no good.

Tonight is W5 again. Ugh. It's not nearly as exhausting as W6 but that's because I can barely keep up/do proper form/stay balanced. It's suuuuuch a bummer!