JMBR start 9/30/13

Options

Replies

• KMJ1686
    KMJ1686 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend! My knees are still not good, and actually are getting worse :-( I'm going to end the program and just focus on Zumba without doing the squats and lunges. I hope things get better because I would love to jump back into it in January. If anyone does another round in January I'll be here again! I wish you all luck and I know you can do this! Makes me sad to stop but I have to get my knees better...and now with the winter coming the cold air isn't helping them.

So sad to see you go! :(:(:(

I will possibly be up for another round in January so might join you then. Good luck with all your goals!

Thanks girl! :)
  • KMJ1686
    Options
    Hope you feel better. I am finishing up in the next two weeks and plan on starting again January 6th so hope to see you then!

Thanks! Hope to see you then!
  • ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have one more cardio 2 to finish weeks 5 and 6. I'm a day behind due to being sick so I think I'll do cardio 2 AND workout 7 tomorrow (I'm sure I will regret that). If I get through Week 7, I'll officially be further into this program than I got on my first try last year. Super excited to pass that milestone and hopefully make it to the very end!
  • noemibp
    noemibp Posts: 167
    Options
    (...) I'm sure I will regret that. (...)

I'm sure you won't. You're gonna feel like a bad@ss! :wink:
  • noemibp
    Options
    (...) If anyone does another round in January I'll be here again! (...)

Tough decision, but good for you. Injured knees are no joke.
    We'll start together in a couple of months!

Get well! :flowerforyou:
  • Claude1985
    Claude1985 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    wooooahhh work out 7 is intense! My arms are sore today! Can't wait for work out 8 later today...
  • ktno1
    Options
    (...) I'm sure I will regret that. (...)

I'm sure you won't. You're gonna feel like a bad@ss! :wink:

Haha a badass passed out in a pool of sweat :P
  • noemibp
    Options
    Oh, yes. That drop of sweat falling from the point of your nose to the mat while holding planks or doing push ups... :bigsmile:
  • Monica_SC
    Monica_SC Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Started my second round of JMBR this week - completed my first cycle earlier this year. It definatly works! And then spring and summer came and went - along with my commitment :(. But I am back on track and looking forward to getting back in shape with Jillian!
  • ktno1
    Options
    Oh, yes. That drop of sweat falling from the point of your nose to the mat while holding planks or doing push ups... :bigsmile:

Yes, the drop of sweat I plant my face in while doing supermans and then stand up and slip over on it :P
  • ktno1
    Options
    wooooahhh work out 7 is intense! My arms are sore today! Can't wait for work out 8 later today...

I didn't get around to doing workout 7 as well as cardio today so I'll be doing it tomorrow. Dreading it big time, but hoping I don't get TOO sore. I haven't really been super sore since the first few weeks so I'm hoping that trend continues. Although I'm feeling kind of sore just watching the workout and seeing what I have to do :P
  • ktno1
    Options
    Started my second round of JMBR this week - completed my first cycle earlier this year. It definatly works! And then spring and summer came and went - along with my commitment :(. But I am back on track and looking forward to getting back in shape with Jillian!

Welcome back! Glad to have you aboard! :)
  • ktno1
    Options
    Okay what the HELL is workout 7? SERIOUSLY!

Circuit 1:
    I couldn't even do the crow push-ups on my knees so I was just doing knee push-ups the whole time. The walking planks were actually okay. The plank-ups meant knees again. The jack knife crunches were hard but manageable. I probably did half as many as they did. And then squat thrusters?! I failed hardcore trying to do those.

Circuit 2:
    This one was actually okay. I couldn't get the full ROM on the down dog push-ups but went down as far as I could and didn't stop. My only complaint with this circuit was the tricep kickbacks. I could not get the cable to behave. It was slipping out from under my feet and the angle was all wrong. I think I will just do this with weights from now on. I like how she uses the cable and it works really well for a lot of things but this isn't one of them.

Circuit 3:
    I like the use of the cable on the squats and tricep extensions. It worked well. The one-legged pushups I could actually do on my knees which was cool. And to my utter surprise I could hold boat pose pretty easily. It's WAY easier than hollow man for me! Star jumps were a total no-go. I did about ten all up and spent the rest of the time jogging on the spot.

Circuit 4:
    Quad exercise was easy. Chest press was easy. Chest flyes were easy. The side plank lift thing hurt my shoulders more than my abs because I kept slipping from all the sweat I was drenched in! Also could not possibly do the leg movement things during the chest exercises. My feet were planted firmly on the ground the entire time.

Overall let's just say there is LOTS of room for improvement
  • KMJ1686
    Options

Thanks! Even though Jillian was so mean and tough, but loving and caring at the same time lol I actually enjoyed the program, loved the results I was getting but the pain I couldn't enjoy anymore haha I have Zumba tonight and I'll see how I do because all along I haven't had an issue yet with that while my knees have been bothering me (except squats and lunges which I won't be doing)

I haven't worked out to the program in about 3 weeks :sad: and the pain is still there, and I think it actually might be my rheumatoid arthritis acting up. I've been in remission for about 6yrs and with the pain getting worse and not better after almost 3 weeks of not exercising I have a feeling that is what's causing the pain. The pain is in the same spot on both knees and only that one spot. I have an appointment with my doctor next week to find out if it is or not. I want to get back into the program and I'm determined to find out what is causing this pain! I plan to get a couple of the puzzle floor foam pieces and pick up new sneakers for home workouts.

-Ktno1--I seen your latest post on the message board about T25--I just seen the infomercial about that last week. Woah does that look worse lol But it's only 25 minutes and I believe 60 days right? I was thinking the same thing about starting that once I finally finish I round of JMBD lol Keep us all updated if you find out anymore information on that.

You guys are doing so well!!
  • ktno1
    Options

Thanks! Even though Jillian was so mean and tough, but loving and caring at the same time lol I actually enjoyed the program, loved the results I was getting but the pain I couldn't enjoy anymore haha I have Zumba tonight and I'll see how I do because all along I haven't had an issue yet with that while my knees have been bothering me (except squats and lunges which I won't be doing)

I haven't worked out to the program in about 3 weeks :sad: and the pain is still there, and I think it actually might be my rheumatoid arthritis acting up. I've been in remission for about 6yrs and with the pain getting worse and not better after almost 3 weeks of not exercising I have a feeling that is what's causing the pain. The pain is in the same spot on both knees and only that one spot. I have an appointment with my doctor next week to find out if it is or not. I want to get back into the program and I'm determined to find out what is causing this pain! I plan to get a couple of the puzzle floor foam pieces and pick up new sneakers for home workouts.

-Ktno1--I seen your latest post on the message board about T25--I just seen the infomercial about that last week. Woah does that look worse lol But it's only 25 minutes and I believe 60 days right? I was thinking the same thing about starting that once I finally finish I round of JMBD lol Keep us all updated if you find out anymore information on that.

You guys are doing so well!!

Oh no that sounds awful :( Definitely see what the doc has to say. I hope it gets less painful soon!

T25 looks like more crazy jumping stuff lol but it's only 25 minutes and 10 weeks instead of 12. I'm thinking I'll just dive in and buy it (might ask for it for a Christmas present) but if I do it, I'll definitely let you know what it's like!
  • ktno1
    Options
    WOW my chest is SO sore today! Damn you, workout 7!!!
  • rceleste40
    rceleste40 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you think that is bad wait until Phase 3 Workout 9!! Its crazy.
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO! :bigsmile: Just done my last WO7, I know there will be other routines I hate, but for me this one has been the worst so I am feeling very happy to say good bye. 2 more days to do on Phase 2 and I'm moving on to 3...........the end is in sight
  • ktno1
    Options
    If you think that is bad wait until Phase 3 Workout 9!! Its crazy.

I'm dreading this one so badly! I feel like Jillian may have slightly lost her mind...
  • ktno1
    Options
    WOOHOO! :bigsmile: Just done my last WO7, I know there will be other routines I hate, but for me this one has been the worst so I am feeling very happy to say good bye. 2 more days to do on Phase 2 and I'm moving on to 3...........the end is in sight

Congratulations! Workout 7 is definitely my most hated so far. Before that, it was workout 5. I'm predicting I will hate 9 worse than 7 though and will probably hate 11 the most. Those odd numbers just kill me!