Welcome Introductions

Options

Replies

• janamomma
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 33yr old momma to a beautiful 18month old girl. I weight about 200lbs and want to lose 70lbs. The goal is tough! i have been counting calories for 2 weeks and also exercise at-least 4 times a week but have not lost any weight yet. Its frustrating but i am treading on thinking i did not put it on in a couple weeks in the first place...
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. I'm Hollis, aged 59. I work in an office, plus I've gone back to college so I'm also a student. I've lost about 40 pounds since April of this year, down from 178 to 139, and want to lose another 8 pounds to get to 130. For exercise, I walk to work and home again, walk for local errands, walk my dog, and hike in the nearby national park on weekends. My lower body is in great shape. My upper body needs some work. I can hike 10 miles without breaking a sweat but can't do a single real push up. I'm concerned about my torso and arms.
  • tgipso
    tgipso Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Tammie and my goal is to lose 25. I currently weigh 167 and would like to be in the lower 140 range. I usually count my calories during the week and not so much on the weekends. I usually do personal training and boot camp classes during the week. Then, on the weekends I do Yoga and Barre classes. If I can keep my eating under control I could easily achieve my goal. But, I am a snacker and enjoy my sweets.
  • kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm Kimberly, 29 and a Registered Dietitian & Type 1 Diabetic to boot! My goal is to lose about 30# and get my toned body back. I used to be a cheerleader in High School, and a belly dancer in college so I maintained my fit body. Now I have a desk job that involves a lot of sitting, little exercise, and sometimes a lot of unhealthy eating.

My plan is to get back into shape and enjoy the way I look again. I want to be able to go for long walks/hikes with ease and get back into my races (I LOVE Portland to coast relay and want to get back into these, as well as the dirty dahs, and color me rad type races)
  • alittleteapot
    alittleteapot Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm Nicole, 31, mother to three wonderful boys, and a full time worker/student.

After a recent health scare, I have been trying to lose weight and get healthy. It's been going really well so far, but I am noticing I am losing motivation and the emotional eating is creeping its way back in. I am already down 41lbs from 205lbs in April...33 of those lost after I joined MFP (I love MFP)...I have 29 more to lose to be at my goal of 135lbs. That's all, just trying to be healthier in the future and I don't want to backtrack.

I have very few active people as friends, and would love a new support system here. Feel free to add/message me.
  • williamtitze
    Options
    Hi all, I'm 36 and looking to lose the last 18kg (36lb in your speak) on my journey from 120kg back to 85kg. The journey started 4 years ago but had stalled at the beginning of this year at 95kg and since having shoulder surgery 3 months ago a 6kgs have crept back on.
    No more excuses, mfp has been awesome at tracking my calories and I look forward to using the motivation within the team and helping everyone out!!! I love to ride and run (knees don't like the run as much as the head lol) and looove leg day.
    Please feel free to add me if you are so inclined :-)
  • samr73
    samr73 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm Sam. I've had a bit of a stressful year, couldn't eat (after turning to food for everything for my whole life) and dropping a shed-load of weight way too quicky. I don't know what my starting weight was (typical obese lying to herself woman) so I don't know how much I lost but last September I was a UK Size 22 and by Christmas I was just starting to get in to a UK Size 12. I was lucky to have really good friends who have looked after me, lectured me about eating and exercising, etc. and so I found this site - it has helped me by showing that I can actually eat without putting weight back on (although losing wasn't planned now it's gone I don't want it back!!). I'm currently a UK Size 10 with a few Size 8s thrown in. I am now at a point where I view my food choices as a lifestyle and so forgive myself if I'm naughty and will definately not cut anything out - chocolate, booze, etc. Due to the rapid weight loss I am fighting with a bit of loose skin and so am starting to lift now - body pump class (my instructor is proper hardcore) and weights machines in the gym. I will be moving onto the "big boys area" soon but must admit to finding it a little intimidating!! The last year for me has been the start of a new life - I've challenged myself in many ways and have been thrilled to find out that I can actually achieve what I set out to do!! Stay positive chaps and believe in yourselves, you can definately do this!! Best of luck to everyone :-)
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Anna. I am 35 and initially joined MFP in June last year. From June to November I lost 40 pounds and kept it off for a good couple of months. Then, I started looking at MFP in terms of how many days in a row I could log. I came within 5 days of a complete year and decided to re-evaluate why I was here. I took a hiatus and didn't really get back on track. I've gained about 10 pounds back, so with that, I have another 30 before I hit my goal.
    There are so many things going on in my life, as there are with everyone, I just have to get to the point where I'm fed up with things just being this way and find the time for me.
  • Cherilgrl
    Options
    Hello Good People :smile:

My name is Sylvia. I am 35 years old and my goal is to lose 40lbs (hopefully by the time I go on my Mediterranean Cruise). I was on MFP consistently for 6-7 months never missing a login day (even after emergency surgery). But life, situations, and circumstances have derailed me. So I chucked the old MFP account and started a new one! Who said that you have to start fresh on New Year's Day or on the first of the week?!?! I'm starting now!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Hey, y'all!

I don't know how JayMan found me, but I'm glad he did. You guys are amazing!:heart::flowerforyou:

My name is Julie and my friends call me Jules. I'm 48, and have been on MFP since April, 2011, but didn't get REALLY serious until last January when my formerly slender physique tipped the scales on the low end of obese.

I lift heavy four times per week on am upper/lower split program. I want to get as close to 145 lbs as I can before I bulk (only 6 pounds to go), then a cut, and would love to compete in a bikini division before I turn 50 in late June of 2015.

I was always the skinny kid. In my 20's my friends called me Skeletor, lol. I married my husband ten years ago in December and I'm back in my wedding dress, which was a goal of mine. My husband is a great cook, and it showed when I got on that scale at the doc's office last January. :blushing: Not cool.

The ultimate goal is to reduce the remaining body fat around my mis-section and upper back. I'm getting to the mindset that I don't care what the scale says as much as I care about the measuring tape and body fat percentage.

I have three sons, ages 28, 21, and 19, and am an empty nester, focusing, finally, on what is best for me. My husband became disabled after a degenerative disk disorder took away his livelihood, and can't (read: isn't supposed to) lift more than 20-25 pounds, so somebody needs to do it. May as we'll be me.:bigsmile: for the first time in many years I weigh less than he does.

So that's me; all over the map. Glad to be here and I happy to meet all of you amazing people! :flowerforyou:

Edited for typos.
  • Lindsayshere
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Lindsay and I am 31 years old. I joined my fitness pal about 1 month ago and I am so happy to have joined the group! My goal is to lose about 10 pounds and my belly fat, Also by Christmas I hope to reach my target weight of 125 pounds. I look forward to connecting with and supporting everyone as we reach our fitness goals !

Peace & Blessings ,

Lindsay
  • fierydeluge
    Options
    Hi! I'm Exequiel but you can call me X.

I'm 31 and I've been in MFP for over a year now. And it was the best decision I've ever made. I was at 284 lbs when I started. My goal is to lose 100 lbs and currently halfway through my goal. I look forward too hearing your stories and sharing mine.

Let's keep each other motivated!
  • jobi1kanoobi
    Options
    Hi I'm Jo

I put on weight when I gave up smoking 3 years ago and have been working to lose it again. By last Christmas I had lost a stone but then went up and down again throughout the year. I am looking to lose another stone by Christmas this year to bring be back to a weight I am more comfortable with and hopefully the lightest I have been since ditching the cancer sticks!

I like to go running and motivate myself by signing up to races and events but my weight loss has stalled and so I have come back to MFP again as I found it helpful before. This time I am determined to hit my goal weight and with all the support on here I know I can do it :)
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Suzy I have lost 88lbs already and have got my BMI from obese to normal, now I want to lose the rest of the fat around my middle and tone up.
  • skinnee2
    skinnee2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lynette and I'm halfway to my goal and I'm loving lifting weights! I worked out with a trainer for awhile and have continued lifting. But now that I'm on my own, I would like to find instruction on other techniques to try.
  • Bibidearie
    Bibidearie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Binye mother to 2 lovely girls ages 3 and 4mths. Started exercising in Aug hv lost 4kg hv 20kg to go. I use turbojam and slim in 6 exercise DVDs. Try to log my food and exercise diary every 2 days. Hit a plateau and hvn't come out of it yet. Need advice on how to overcome d plateau.
  • Bibidearie
    Bibidearie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Binye mother to 2 lovely girls ages 3 and 4mths. Started exercising in Aug hv lost 4kg hv 20kg to go. I use turbojam and slim in 6 exercise DVDs. Try to log my food and exercise diary every 2 days. Hit a plateau and hvn't come out of it yet. Need advice on how to overcome d plateau.
  • ashclevs
    ashclevs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi im Ashleigh im 21 (22 in a few weeks) currently in the middle of my university exams which is doing awesome things to my healthy eating diet haha JK. will get that back on track next week. My main goal is to lose the weight that always creeps on over the winter months (a few kgs) i am sitting at around 60kg at the moment down from about 63-64. Im 5'2 and a very athletic build so my goal weight would be around the 57kg but im basing it more on measurements and how I look. I exercise 6 days a week at the moment, mostly gym classes like step and pump and i am halfway through the c25k - i want to be able to run with my sister (who got the running genes as well as the runners *kitten* lucky thing) and she can pull out 5k easy after recovery from a broken leg! Always in need of healthy recipes that are cheap so if you have any good lunch and snack ones let me know!
  • hotsassymom
    hotsassymom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm Valerie and I am 50 and Fabulous!!! My goal is to lose 100 lbs but I'm not putting no time limit on it. I'm just going to try to make it happen.
  • mavis153
    Options
    Hi, I'm Mae, I am 25 and have always been very active in the gym up until a few months ago. I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma in July and started chemo in August. I tried to maintain my workout regimen, but was unsuccessful. I sort of gave up and didn't gain weight, but lost a lot of muscle and stayed the same weight! After about 8 weeks I decided to start using MFP to keep track of my calories and started doing hot yoga every day. My goal is a 30 pound loss total so when I can get back in the gym I can focus on getting toned :)