Welcome Introductions

Options

Replies

• iperceive2
    iperceive2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Im D. I am of age and looking ot loose 23 pounds in 8 weeks...lol...it may of may not happen but i want to be close. I am usually self motivated but for the past couple weeks I have lagged and even completing my daily goal and I have a fear of attending a weekly bootcamp that i sign up for weekly. If I can conquear that fear i can do anything!!!
    Note: I have no idea why im afraid
    Looking forward to seeing what this group has to offer.
  • franciska12
    franciska12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    I'm Ciska ,I just turned 40 and I'm trying to loose at least 10 lbs by Dec 22....
  • toni5363
    toni5363 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Toni. I have 3 children ages are twin boys 18 yrs. old and an 11 yr old. I have a wonderful husband of 13years. I am looking to be fit and fine at 50, which will be Monday, so I have a lot of work to do. My goal is to lose 30 or 35lbs. Losing weight is one of the hardest thing for me to do, but I am going to concur this with you all's help. I graduate with my master's in June of next year and I hope to be very close to my goal weight of 135lbs by then.
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    BE AWARE OF THIS SITE
    After posting about myself right here, I went to see what the UGL . com is about. They want your CC first thing to deduct the fee after the first month is up. I say the heck with that. If I do not pay that second month then kick me off. Do not make me enter all my CC info before I can even tell what this is.
  • fat2fit2fine
    Options
    Hello, i am Aki(my nickname) i am 26 y/o and i run an IT company, in past 5-6 years of my life i have sacrificed my health and most of fun in my life to get financially stable which by god's grace i have been able to achieve. Now i want to get back my health and live rest of my life being healthy and happy.
    I hope i will find tonnes of moral support and motivation here to help me achieve my fitness goals
  • clcardona
    Options
    Hi everyone - my name is Carmen and I'm from Chicago but live in NY. I'm 43 years old and I have a 25 year-old daughter. I'm here on MFP so that it can help me be accountable for the things I eat and keep track of the calories I eat / the calories I burn! My goal is to lose 30 lbs and get back down to 120 lbs. I was so into working out in the past but fell off for a long time. I would get back into it but then would stop, repeatedly, and I felt like a yo-yo. I was feeling so unmotivated and with no energy and I'm fed up with that. I'm here to stay and to do this!! Get back to feeling great again. Thanks for inviting me to this group. I want to converse with others that are into the same thing -- a lifestyle of health and fitness. :happy:
  • ardithann5
    ardithann5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Jay and all.. Thanks for the add.. Iam 63 years of age.. my hubby has been ill for 6 years in surgeries and health problems.. have sat at the computer for very long stretches in the day and night.. to record his health and keep my mind active with others chiming in for support.. why am I here.. want to lose 50 pounds did not put it on all at once know that for my heart and organs it needs to come off little by little.. have had two small strokes... small mind you.. so want to be around for the year 2040 and see what this world has come to.. I will be 90 then.. Iam doing the challenge of 1500 squats and it is fun and helps.. lots of yard work and walk 60 minutes every day.. we have a 3 story 9 bedroom home that I clean every day. yep from the top to the bottom.. it is a 1906 Federal ..one family with 3rd floor that housed 4 servants at one time.. love this old lady to bits..
  • ardithann5
    ardithann5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Acki prayers and scream this way.. know what that is all about.. my job went to India in 2011 had to move in with my son.. my hubby has been ill for 6 years every time I think things will get better they roll back down hill... but start a job Nov 1st that is not far from home.. trying to reclaim my health and mind with this myfinesspal.. have been here 3 weeks have lost a pound and it stayed gone. yeah team.. may I add you as a friend ardithann5:blushing:
  • tnshncl
    tnshncl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Toni. My goal is to shed 50lbs. I want to be healthy and fit enough to live a long life for my two kiddos (7month and 2yr old). :love:
  • sheltap
    sheltap Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey Im Shel.... this is my second time around using this app.... I want to lose 25 and tone it up! My biggest issue is not getting bored at the gym or giving up to soon!!!!!

Please send me a FR is you can be a good support for me as I will do the same for you!
  • angelicayamile
    Options
    Hiiii my name is Angelica iam 31 years old I really want to weigh 135 by the end of this year and I really need motivation I have to confess that I have fallen back to my old habits and I don't want to gain back what I have lost I still have 17 pounds more to go and its really hard buy I know I can do it. :smile:
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Hi Im Denise
    My goal is to drop at least 20 lbs by May I have another vacation planned and I do not want to go again fat and out of shape
    Im 53 have 3 children and 4 grandchildren I have a loving fiance who is very supportive
    I get up in the morning to work out and if time allows I do a work out in the evening after work
    Good luck everyone on meeting your goals
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! My name is Tatanisha but I go by Tat...I'm 37y/o and I want to be fit and healthy. I presently weigh 186lbs and this time last year I was at 156lbs.... yeah wow!! I did it before and just fell off the wagon and found it hard to motivate myself to stay active and moving. This time around I hope to find ways to keep it off for good!! I look forward to the support and am excited to see what is ahead!
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Nellie. I just joined a couple of weeks ago. my goal is to loose 100 lbs but im doing it really slowly. I weigh 223 pounds. my short term goal is to loose 20 lbs first until January before I go to mexico. and by summer I want to look healthy and fit.

I gained 70 lbs in 2 years from medications. I used to be normal healthy weight 150lbs and used to be on weightwatchers. but I like this site a lot more than weight watchers. I also do some jenny craig on here I do a mix of jenny and here cause jenny craig is about 1000 calories and that's to low. I just add about 700 calories more so I can be at a healthy weight without starving myself. my parents don't believe in calorie counting and want me on jenny craig but im doing a mixture of both and they don't know im really doing this calorie counting thing on top of jenny craig.

I know I rambled a lot, sorry for my poor grammar, I write terrible, lol. thanks for having me here!
  • fitnessmum_uk
    fitnessmum_uk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is YInka, mother of a 2 year old boy who runs rings round me, I'm 27 years old and I'm trying tolls 30+lbs, I have not idea by when but a gradual process is what I'm looking for. Ideally I want to weigh 140lbs so I feel better and look better, currently 174lbs down from 186lbs on 1st October. look forward to achieving our goals!! Happy loosing xx
  • MzTanya77
    MzTanya77 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My name is Tanya, I'm 36, single w/ no kids. I was originally 260lbs and now I'm down to 180. I got sick earlier this year and lost down to 150lbs. I'm now healthy again but unfortunately gained all the sick weight back and now my goal is to get back into my Size 8's the HEALTHY way. My goal is to accomplish this by Spring 2014. So looking to lose about 20-25lbs.
  • NurPial
    Options
    Hi ,
    I am nowshin, 22 years old, I got overweight after I started living in my university dorm.
    I currently lost 8 lb, and I have 15 lbs more to lose. I want to weight 116 lbs by the end of December.
  • smallbutcurvy
    Options
    Hi my name is Sonia, I'm 50 but I ignore that best I can.
    I have been into fitness all my life, ballet and tap as a child, Aerobics to instructor qualified later, gyms, step workouts
    kung fu and karate to black belt. Lately Ive begun lifting heavy and am really enjoying it.
    I do nothing by halves including eating :laugh:
    So currently I am eating pretty clean, five times a day 40 40 20 macros , being on MFP most of this year
    has enabled me to fine tune my diet to this level, though its early days with this one (five days), upping my workouts frequency
    and increasing cardio again along with strength training.
    Goal is cutting fat , keeping muscle and all round fitness.
  • fatmichie123
    Options
    Hi, I just turned 43 mother of 3 boys. I need to find a way to get motivated and stay motivated. I have always been concerned about what I weigh but recently struggling with caring I have been eating anything I want and making excuses. I promise myself each day that I will start tomorrow. I also recently stopped working so I sit around alot I eat out of boredom and I am alittle concerned as I know my pants are tight the scale fluctuated A LOT I still look in the mirror and think I look good. I then start thinking the scale is wrong. Is it possible to be opposite of anorexic? They look in mirror and see fat when they are thin. I look in the mirror and see skinny when I am fat.....is that possible. I worry that I am giving myself permission to be fat and not sure how to get on track and stay on track.
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    hey im Mon. newly single since my ex cheated with me with my ex best friend....ad thats what im using for that extra motivatio kick in my *kitten* o my low days,
    also i the process of mobing to vienna for a job...well see.
    im from Slovenia, and my main workout right now is t 25, im just startin with the real workout thing since ive just been cleared to do it after the major surgery i had in the end of august.
    love to meet new people, and im wuite a chatty one :D