Welcome Introductions

Options

Replies

• charlenever
    charlenever Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Charlene. I am working toward making an actualy lifestyle change versus the yo yo dieting I have been doing in the past. This time I am trying to add strenth training to the walkling I have been doing.
  • minih8
    minih8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Cindy.
    I have 50 lbs to lose and looking forward to seeing the scale dip below 180 this week.
  • cesabo
    cesabo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Colleen. I'm 37, 5'3, 146lbs. I'm looking to lose another 10 pounds by the end of the year. My 20th high school class reunion is next May and I'd like to look better for that.

I typically play deck hockey, softball or go running, 4-6 times a week. But now that it's dark out in the evening, I'll be looking to switch my workouts indoors to the gym. I do not find gym workouts to be as fun. I'm contemplating joining an ice hockey team too.

I have found my stamina has improved throughout the year, so I know I'm doing something right with my activity level. It's the food that gets me. I have a hard time cooking for just myself every day, as I'm single. When I cook large quantities for the week, I get sick of eating the same thing over and over again. I'm hoping to get some pointers on how to get around that.
  • snshne31
    snshne31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi...My name is Sherry and I am 45 years old. I have about 50 lbs to loose. I started last year and was doing awesome using a program on bodybuilding.com but seriously injured my chest in May doing dips and have had a hard time getting started again. I seriously started last week and have lost a few pounds but at this point I am looking to build muscle and then loose. So...I probably wont see any serious weight loss for about 6 weeks...which is okay. My goal is 20 by Dec. 31 and continue working.

Need a Beach Body by Jun 17th....
  • TLCPharmD
    TLCPharmD Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm Tamie.
    I used to have a trainer and when I turned 40 I felt awesome. I have since changed jobs to a desk job and have been gaining all the weight back over the last 2 years. I finally had enough of my clothes not fitting right and have lost 17 pounds so far. My current goal is to lose another 20 pounds then go from there. I'm new to the community thing but am looking forward to everyone's helpful info.
  • chelsiem87
    chelsiem87 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Chelsie from PA in the US. I've been on her for a lil over a year and have already lost about 48 pounds. I ultimately wanna loose another 100 pounds before reaching my "goal weight". I have had GREAT success with this site and the people here, therefore keeping me motivatied to keep going!! Feel free to add me.. I want to inspire and to keep being inspired by awesome, motivated indiduals! Good luck to you all!!
  • CaptainMilda
    CaptainMilda Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Louise, 26yrs old, from Denmark. Been on mfp since the beginning of 2013, took a break from feb to july, but came back with new starting weight that said 178 pounds, am now down to 133 pounds, would love to loose another 15-20 pounds.
    I work out around 6 days a week; workout includes biking, a step-machine (twist&Shape) and circuit training. I like to push myself, I like to shake things up, so I usually change my routine (mostly the circuit training) from time to time.
    Feel free to add me...
  • alyssajayds40
    alyssajayds40 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Alyssa, 40 years old and live in Charlotte, NC. I am ready to get back into shape and improve my body/image.
    I had a accident in 2012 that left me unable to do many things I had always done to keep in shape. Hike, Bike, Race, etc… The beginning of October I had knee surgery, this week I started some light cardio but as of Nov 11th I will be 6 weeks post op and moving much faster hopefully. I am ready to get the 20 pounds of fat I gained burnt and forget that past year of gaining and being lazy eating things I should not have. I won’t miss it! :)

What motivates me is knowing how much I have hated the way I look and feel this past year.
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My name is May, I am aiming for 50 lbs to lose. I want to lose 15-20 lbs by Christmas.

Looking forward to meeting everyone! :)
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone Im jenn going to be 32 in March live in NY so this time of year starting to get cold so cant get out and do so much but thanks to a wonderful website {and of course this one} called you tube I found some really good cardio videos. My over all goal is to get back down to my pre pregnancy weight which was 140ish before 2010 winter for a few years I lost weight during the winter time so hoping to do so again this year but for the past year I also started to drink alot more then I ever did so I need to reteach my self to cut back on that so heres to a new me and a new us {all of you}
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hi all..

My name is ShaRon, and I am 30 years old. I am a USAF vet. I did 6 years , and I have been out for about the same amount of time. Since I have been out the weight has just piled on. I would love to get back down to my basic training weight, which was 155 lbs. Although my doctor thinks that 164lbs would be good for me. I will see what weight I am when I feel happy with myself again. I am workout from home person, so if anyone has any workouts I can do at home I would greatly appreciated some suggestions.
  • darcyrees
    darcyrees Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm Darcy and I'm an endurance athlete...and carrying around extra weight makes it harder to achieve my goals. My goal for 2014 is to hike the rim to rim of the Grand Canyon. Another goal is to finish an Ironman, but it's still several years out. Next year, I also need to focus on bringing my base fitness up higher and lowering my percentage of body fat. So, in addition to rim to rim, I may join my friends in a 200+ mile bike race with a goal of climbing the mountain passes faster and setting a new PR.
  • vahine03
    vahine03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Aloha =) My name is Mahea. I successfully lost 53 lbs by Spring of 2012. Around that time, I fell away and haven't been on till just recently. Now I've gained about 15 lbs over the 17 months I've been absent and i'm determined to get back on track. With the 15 pounds I've gained back, I now need to lose another 50 pounds to get to my ultimate goal weight of 140.

I did regret ever stopping last year but i'm past and over it. I'm determined now more than ever and excited to get back in shape. Oh Yeeeah! haha. Especially now that I recently just started dating. (I'm a nervous wreck when it comes to dating). I want to look Amazing!
  • paulylovesme
    Options
    Hi everyone My name is Jordan! I am 31 and a mom to 4 beautiful children! I am married and I live in Florida (central). My goal is to Wear a size 8 wedding dress when I renew my vows in August of 2014! I am currently 237.4 and started at 242. Which btw was my all time heaviest (pregnancies included). I want to change so I can be happy and not feel as if I am an embarrassment to leave my house. I love the outdoors and Fall and Spring weather! Florida sucks in the Summer but thank God for the ocean!! I wish you all the best.
  • nathotte
    nathotte Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I'm Nathalie, 27 yr old. I want to lose another 9 lbs, down to135 by the end of the year. Also been working out every chance I get. Just applied with the Alberta Sherriffs, going for the physical testing in a couple days. Just want to be healthy and happy in my skin. Going after a physically demanding job I am currently in the best shape ever and getting better each day.
  • tat20
    tat20 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    My name is Tarah. I am a full time college student, going for Healthcare Information Technology and I also work full time. I am beginning my journey again, hopefully with more patience this time. I will be supported by my boyfriend who is also trying to shed a few pounds. I'm hoping that I can find some support here and some friendly reminders that I can't do it all over night! My current goal is to lose about 76 pounds. Once I hit that point I'll see how much farther I want to go. I'm here for support for anyone in need, so don't be shy. =)
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    My name is Rachael, I'm in the last few weeks of my 30's (!!), I'm from Chicago, and engaged to the loveliest of men. I've lost about 12 pounds so far, and I'd like to lose another 30-35 before moving to maintenance. Right now I am just enjoying experimenting with healthier food choices (I love LOVE to cook), and reaping the benefits of regular exercise. Oh, and planning a wedding :)
    Thanks for having me, I'm looking forward to getting to know you!
  • pjammer10
    pjammer10 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    HI all! I'm Shawna.

My main goal is to eventually lose about 100 lbs. So far I've lost nothing, I can't seem to stop eating unhealthy garbage! My short term goal is to lose 15 lbs by Christmas.
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Sandra and I am 43. I aim to lose 20lbs before the new year. I don't plan on stopping there....I'd love to tone up and gain muscle definition, including abs. I have completed INSANITY last fall and felt so accomplished. It has motivated me to push myself out of my comfort zone.
    Glad to meet everyone and encourage each other!
  • sharonannaisrael
    Options
    Hi I'm Sharon, i'm 39 and i want to lose 25lbs by the end of Feb 2014 when i'm 40! i've lost 42lbs so far but it's took 3 years, 1st i was on weight watchers then i joined the gym and started spinning and weight lifting classes in March 2013, i lost 25lbs out of the 42lbs with MFP and the gym! I work out 5 days a week i used to do 6 but the house keeping was suffering lol I do 3 classes on monday and tuesdays i also run 3 miles twice a week! I struggle with being consistent with my meal choices and drinking enough water, i'm challenging myself for the next month to drink 4litres a day and eat fruit and veg with every meal! I'm so motivated!