PrimalRunner's Bulking Log

Replies

• TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Totally killed my lifts last night! New Rules of Lifting for Women, Stage 1 B2. Didn't increase weight for DL, lat pulldown, or OHP, but the cadence was better/smoother/faster. I increased my lunge weights by 5 lbs in each hand and added a 25 lb plate to my Swiss ball crunch. Absolutely loved every second of it! Tomorrow is Stage 1, A3 (add another set, but drop the reps by 3 each set). Can't wait!
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Totally killed my lifts last night! New Rules of Lifting for Women, Stage 1 B2. Didn't increase weight for DL, lat pulldown, or OHP, but the cadence was better/smoother/faster. I increased my lunge weights by 5 lbs in each hand and added a 25 lb plate to my Swiss ball crunch. Absolutely loved every second of it! Tomorrow is Stage 1, A3 (add another set, but drop the reps by 3 each set). Can't wait!

That sounds like some great progress, well done.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Cool! :glasses:
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Awesome!!
  • westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    Great job killing your workout! Have you weighed in yet or are you just a couple of days into this process?
  • TriLifter
    Great job killing your workout! Have you weighed in yet or are you just a couple of days into this process?

Two weeks in and gained way too fast...see next post!
  • TriLifter
    Week 2 is done.

Weight: 126.6 ( up .8 lbs this week, up 3.8 lbs total)

Goal intake: 2200
    Actual average intake: 2325

Goal TDEE: 2000
    Acutal average TDEE: 2195

Actual total surplus for the week: 952
    Actual average surplus for the week: 136

Wanted to/let myself eat everything in sight because of TOM. It wasn't pretty. BUT...only .8 lb gain over the previous week, so not bad, I guess.
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    That sounds like you are doing great. How do you get your 'actual' TDEE?
  • TriLifter
    That sounds like you are doing great. How do you get your 'actual' TDEE?

I'm relying on my Fitbit for that. It served me well for losing and maintaining weight, so it should help with gaining!
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Great job so far!!

That reminds me that I need to look into a Fitbit!
  • TriLifter
    I don't usually weigh in mid-week, but I just wanted to this morning oh a whim. I'm down almost 3 lbs from my last weigh in (Sunday), with a total gain for about 1 lb in the last two and a half weeks. That's where I actually wanted to be, but the damn scale fluctuates. I'm not going to think about it again until Sunday.
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Do you find that your fitbit underestimates your TDEE? I believe that mine was off about 100-200 calories/day. I am still debating on whether or not I want to get another one to replace the one that I flushed down the toilet Friday night (don't ask).
  • TriLifter
    Hahahaha!!! I'm interested in getting the Force, but not sure yet.

I think it's pretty on target--it helped with maintaining my weight, so I'm confident in the numbers.
  • TriLifter
    Week three is almost done, weighing in tomorrow. Had a pretty badass session today. My grip strength is improving, I think. I'm feeling really great about everything--my lifting program, my food, etc. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about something!
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Yahoo! Doing great!!
  • TriLifter
    Week 3 is done.

Weight: 126.4 ( down .8 lbs this week, up 3.6 lbs total)

Goal intake: 2200
    Actual average intake: 2166

Goal TDEE: 2000
    Acutal average TDEE: 2223

Actual total surplus for the week: -399 (deficit)
    Actual average surplus for the week: -57 (deficit)

Okay, so I was actually in a slight deficit this week, which is reflected in my small loss. I just need to be better about hitting my 2200 cals. Problem was that I returned to IF (doing 14:10 v. my previous 16:8) and was literally not able to get in enough food! I don't want to raise my goal intake because I like how my macros are set up right now...ugh!
  • TriLifter
    Feeling fat and gross today. Gonna try to post a pic of me before and now...let me know if either works. I can't view them at work right now, so IDK.

IMG_20131104_191624_zps7e11da3d.jpg
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    I don't see anything :(
  • TriLifter
    Poop. Not sure how to make it work.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Sorry, can't make them work either...