PrimalRunner's Bulking Log

Replies

• pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    I can see on the comparison pic that your mid section and hip/thigh area is less lean then before. But in a good way! Certainly wouldn't call you fat :happy:
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Two photos pre-bulk!!!! Sorry they're so big LOL

20130405_170855_zps0b0a061d.jpg

20130405_170827_zpsa67f7d5f.jpg
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Ok...finally seeing it.
    I think you look fabulous in all the pics! I also feel like i constantly have a bloated belly. Although...it does seem to be going away slowly now that i'm into week 5. Maybe it just takes time for the body to get used to digesting the extra food.
  • TriLifter
    Thanks...starting to feel "fat" right now. I'm hoping that feeling will pass soon.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    YAY you- I can't see pictures. Boo.

But I see you ran a marathon- and you've definitely put on some weight- slowly and steady! That's awesome.

Good for you for NROLW- glad to see grip strength improving- that's the first to go (I massively lost mine mid October- it's done a dent on my mental state)... so having good grip improvement makes a HUGE difference in lifting- so keep pushing- take advantage of the gains here- it's a quick jump and a great way to just push it and get maximum results.

Old crusty lifter is jealous of said results LOL. mine come so much more slowly LMAO
  • TriLifter
    What. The. F***

I just did all those online body fat calculators and they said between 30 and 38% fat. I know they're completely inaccurate, but still makes me want to cry a little.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    much like the number on a scale- it's just a number.

And let's be honest- face to face- tampons untangled.... if you are bulking- you're going to put on some fat. Just say it a few times- until you accept it- on two fronts 1. fats = extra delicious food and 2. fats = muscle gain if you are on the right path. Sooooo more strength- bigger lifts WOOT WOOT

it' okay. keep doing what you are doing- slow and steady. Don't cry. Hugs!!!
  • TriLifter
    much like the number on a scale- it's just a number.

And let's be honest- face to face- tampons untangled.... if you are bulking- you're going to put on some fat. Just say it a few times- until you accept it- on two fronts 1. fats = extra delicious food and 2. fats = muscle gain if you are on the right path. Sooooo more strength- bigger lifts WOOT WOOT

it' okay. keep doing what you are doing- slow and steady. Don't cry. Hugs!!!

My bf scale at home says 20% and I've measured anywhere between 13.8 (ridiculous) and 22%....never anything like 30, let alone 30! Why do the army, navy, and marine corps hate me?! LOL
  • TriLifter
    From this site: http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/body-fat-percentage-calculator

Using your measurements of a 26.5 inches waist and weight of 125 pounds your body fat percentage we calculated using FOUR different methods. Your body fat estimates are 73.11 % using the U.S. Army body fat algorithm, or
    -4.84 % using the U.S. Marine body fat algorithm, or
    52.39 % using the U.S. Navy body fat algorithm, or
    20.03 % using the formula developed by the YMCA.
  • sarahstrezo
    I like this one for an online calculator. It seems to be the most accurate for me and the one I use to gain progress and have for over a year.
    http://www.skinbodyfitness.com/bmr_bmi_bfp.htm
  • TriLifter
    I like this one for an online calculator. It seems to be the most accurate for me and the one I use to gain progress and have for over a year.
    http://www.skinbodyfitness.com/bmr_bmi_bfp.htm

Your BMR is: 1355.4
    Your BMI is: 20.2
    Minimum Calorie requirement is: 2338
    Your Body Fat is 29.5%.
    You are Overweight by 7.5 pound(s).
  • sarahstrezo
    How tall are you? When I put in your measurements from your OP...and i put you at 62" (wild guess), it gave me 22% bf
    At 65" it is 20%
  • TriLifter
    How tall are you? When I put in your measurements from your OP...and i put you at 62" (wild guess), it gave me 22% bf
    At 65" it is 20%

I'm 5'6"
  • sarahstrezo
    So...yeah, it's put you right at about 19%
  • TriLifter
    So...yeah, it's put you right at about 19%

I musta been on crack when I was trying to put the numbers in LOL

Got measurements done at our wellness fair at work yesterday: 18.2%. I'm going to stick with my crappy scale at home since it's what I've been using all along and go with the 20.something%. Keep it consistent and use it as a trend line rather than an actual number.
  • TriLifter
    Week 4!.

Weight: 126.4 ( stayed exactly the same this week, up 3.6 lbs total)

Goal intake: 2200
    Actual average intake: 2254

Goal TDEE: 2000
    Acutal average TDEE: 2253

Actual total surplus for the week: 57
    Actual average surplus for the week: 8 cals/day

Alright...I'm 4 weeks in and have to reevaluate. I'm barely running in a surplus, so I guess it's time to get more food. Going to up my intake to 2300 calories and see what that does for me.

In other news, my measurements are all +/- the same except my biceps have FINALLY increased by an 1/8 inch and my bust has decreased by 1/2 an inch.
  • TriLifter
    Am sucessfully back to 14:10 IF and eating ALL THE FOODZ! I upped my cals by 100/day and have rearranged my macros a bit, so we'll see where that takes me.
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Welcome to the world of having to up your calories - I just upped mine again, for like the 4th time!

Do you find it difficult to get all of your calories in when you IF? I think the 14/10 works really well for me when I am in a cut, but I don't know if I could do it in a surplus.

Also, thank for the link, Sarah.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    That's great and yea for food!!