Participant Updates and Introductions

Options
caradae
caradae Posts: 743 Member
Hi! I'm caradae and this is my 6th month running this challenge. I can say from experience it's not an easy challenge. I've only won two months myself, but I've lost 20 pounds just attempting to do this challenge. I'm ready to face the holidays and am looking forward to losing more weight in November!

Who's with me?

Replies

• Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Bebubble, This is will be my second time at this monthly challenge. I enjoyed the October challenge very much. I found new friends to motivate me and I motivate them! And my body changed because Today the 24th of October, I went clothes shopping in my own closet! So many things fit now! And I am sure this challenge has been a huge reason why! Thank you caradae for running this challenge! I am looking forward to see the next change in my body! I am going to try and keep going through December or when my next grandchild is born! Because that will involve traveling and eating out. I will try and keep it up But think it might be very difficult! We will see!
  • sterlingwolf
    sterlingwolf Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My name is Nancy, this will be my first time participating in any of the challenges. I'm looking forward to doing my best and making some new friends along the way as well.
  • msmimi
    msmimi Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Mimi. I'm looking forward to the challenge. Going for the win will help me stay focused during the Thanksgiving holiday.:smile:
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. This is my second month doing this challenge and like bebubble said above. I just love it ! ! ! I too found myself cloths shopping in my closet a few days back and was shocked at how much is fitting me now. I really love the mini challenges in this challenge (mini challenges are not required to stay in the group). I have always worried about batwings big time and I find my arms are firming up very nicely doing the daily mini challenge in the October group. (we do wall pushups daily), I also am noticing my leg muscles firming up also and I do think this is from the mini challenge of squats daily.

I so look forward to November's challenge. When I joined the October challenge, I was afraid, I may not be able to keep up doing some form of exercise for 20 minutes a day, but I am doing great with this. I take my dog for a walk almost every day for 30 minutes at minumum. And then you can count house cleaning towards the 20 minutes too. I almost look at that as a day off. Got to clean the house anyways. ha ha.

Thank you very much caradae for making this group and I so look forward to another month of working my tail off for a healthier, prettier, firmer, skinnier ME :)
  • hopperem
    hopperem Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Emma and looking forward to being held accountable - especially at the weekends! Need to shift 20lbs and all help appreciated....
  • Cern_Doeblood
    Options
    Hi everyone my name's Jennefer! This will be my first month doing this challenge. It sounds difficult, but I'm looking forward to it.

Good luck to everyone!
  • DasGoff
    DasGoff Posts: 55
    Options
    Hii! I'm Robin! This is my first month doing the challenge! I am ready to be held accountable! I'm currently at university so I am a little worried about how that will impact my ability to keep up to date with checking in (I track daily fine!) and looking forward to the motivation and support being held accountable will give me! :D
  • sj2201
    sj2201 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Shan. I've never participated in this challenge and I'm really looking forward to it. I have been slacking in terms of logging daily, so this will be the push I need to get back on track with it. Thanks for starting the group! :smile:
  • melwa
    melwa Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm back for November and will be aiming to last the whole month this time. In fact I'm going to start on the weekend! Thanks Caradee for continuing this challenge.
  • runandom
    Options
    My name is Chelsea and this is my first accountability challenge! Looking forward to it and good luck!
  • cherries12345
    cherries12345 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm back for the November challenge! I slipped up the very first week of October and I've been waiting to start again. I am really nervous about this actually, but I'm determined not to overeat.
  • lisamac62
    lisamac62 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Awesome I love these groups. Keeps me motivated to exercise.
    I wish everyone good luck.....here we go into the "Holiday" season that is so full of sugary goodies. We can do it we are strong!!!!
  • ineedalifetbh
    ineedalifetbh Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Eden and this will be my first time participating in this challenge! C:
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Greetings....

My name is Beverley. Accountability is what I need right now. I signed up for this challenge in August but got booted out. This time I am ready for the challenge.
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Pam. Thank you caradae for creating this challenge. It is simple and hard at the same time. I love this challenge.

This will be my second challenge. I am still in the October Challenge and if I can get past this weekend of being out of town and eating out every day, I will have made it to the end.. It has really helped me stay accountable and stop declaring a treat meal/day every time I am facing a challenging food situation. If I can make it through this weekend, I will be so proud of myself.

One tip for me, was to tie an incentive to finishing the challenge. My husband is buying me a new pair of shoes if I complete the challenge. But it can be anything that makes you put down that cookie and head for the gym.

Welcome to the group everyone!
  • caradae
    Options
    Welcome, everyone! I'm so excited to see so many have joined overnight!
    Hii! I'm Robin! This is my first month doing the challenge! I am ready to be held accountable! I'm currently at university so I am a little worried about how that will impact my ability to keep up to date with checking in (I track daily fine!) and looking forward to the motivation and support being held accountable will give me! :D

Hi Robin,

Weclome to the group. I'll highlight your name on my spreadsheet to remind myself that you might need a few extra days for sign-ins.

Everyone else,
    If you think you may need more than 3 days to sign in, let me know.
  • caradae
    Options
    One tip for me, was to tie an incentive to finishing the challenge. My husband is buying me a new pair of shoes if I complete the challenge. But it can be anything that makes you put down that cookie and head for the gym.

Welcome to the group everyone!

Pam, I love this idea!

Do any of our other veterans have any more tips or suggestions for newcomers?

For me, having a "day off" every week helps. Most days, I set my calorie goal at 1800, but once a week I set it at something ridiculously high (like 4,000). I don't eat anywhere near 4,000 calories, of course, but it helps to know that, for one day a week, I don't have to worry too much about what I eat.
  • heavyabc
    heavyabc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi All--

So glad to have found this. I've been lurking on MFP for too long and need to start to engaging with a community to find motivation and challenges. I love the format of this, as I don't want to be booted!! Hearing that this has worked for others who've done it before helps too. Wondering if those of you who did this can share what your WL was for the month? Knowing that would be motivating too. Looking forward to a great 30 days!
  • minlyn22
    minlyn22 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thanks caradae for creating and coordinating this challenge! I'm brand new to the accountability challenge and plan to give it my all for November. I have 20+ to shed, so I really need the strict rules and accountability factor. I've been having a lot of trouble (motivationally speaking) getting back into the exercise routine and I KNOW this will help me get up and get going. Thank you, thank you, thank you! : )
  • DeniseMarSi
    DeniseMarSi Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Denise, and this is my first time trying this challenge. It seems do-able, but at the same time could be challenging if I forget to log, or update on this board. I'm in!!

I am also a moderator for a group, "Buddy Challenge group for November" if anyone wants to join this group as well. It really is just a different approach in that we will be having a monthly weigh in, but mostly to pair everyone up with a "buddy" to help keep them accountable and to provide support. I will post weekly challenges, but mostly the real challenges will be set up between buddies, or individual goals within buddies. I think this group, and the one I'm starting could be compatible, so you are welcome to join this too!

I've been really really struggling since June, and I'm hoping to find something that helps me keep me on track, and get back into the game!