Options

Replies

• 1ronbutterfly
    Options
    caradae Thanks for the great challenge!
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Emily and I am looking forward to this challenge! I really have problems with accoutability and I am thinking this is a step in the right direction :D What a great idea and I am looking forward to participating!
  • Julie61ann
    Julie61ann Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Julie, a 52 year old working mom of 4 almost-grown kids. I thought about this challenge since I checked it out last night and decided it would be perfect for me. I am not by nature a competitive person EXCEPT when it comes to competing against myself for a goal. I can do this, I will do this. My biggest change will be the exercising on work days because I have gotten lazy but I have no excuse. My biggest obstacle will be staying under my goal calories, but with this group and the accountability I WILL DO IT! Let's go!
  • NakedKristy
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Kristy and am super jazzed for my first challenge. I need hard core accountability like this to keep me on track for reaching my goal. Yay! Feel free to add me if you like, along with a little note. Good Luck everyone!!!
  • margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am Margie from australia, as some of you know I am the awful lady that throws these mini challenges at you, you don't have to do them but they make it interesting and can only be good for you.,,,well,,,,,lol,,,, guess what?! November I am doing just the one challenge and it be be the squat challenge for 30 days, not easy but doable, I have done it several times and ,,, oh boy!, we will have a separate thread that once you commit to it you have to stay with it, no guts no glory, just log it every day.
  • psharma06
    psharma06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am Priya from Ottawa, Canada.
    It's my first time doing this challenge.
    I am looking forward to this, I need motivation and accountability to get to my fitness goals!
  • dandysandy7
    dandysandy7 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm Sandra or Sandy :) this is my first time doing a challenge. I'm 21 in college full time , and i need to loose 70 lbs according to my doctor but i'd like to lose 40-50 lbs. I'd love for anyone to add me for support and/or accountability.

Two questions

My calorie goal is 1,200 to lose 2 lbs per week but i eat back my calories when i exercise so if i go over 1,200 will i loose the challenge?Or are you talking about when you have negative calories left? Because i know my fitness pal gives you those calories back.

I currently have my diary open to just friends will i have to make it public?
  • mira2602
    mira2602 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hiya. My name is Mira, I am mum of two. This is going to be my first time to do this challenge!
    Good luck everyone!
  • margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Welcome to everyone, so good to see you all in this group, we are all in this together so if you are having an off day yell out someone will always be able to help, not just jenn or myself but anyone feel free to offer support or encouragement.
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Kristine. This will be my second month participating in the UAC. The first month was a challenge but the rewards were worth it. As we get closer to the end of the year the struggle with be increasingly difficult for me. I am looking forward to keeping the momentum going. Good luck and see you on the 1st..
  • Slstine
    Slstine Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Susan and this is my first time participating. I've been faithful about logging food but not so much about exercising. It's dark when I leave for work in the morning and it's dark when I get home in the evening. I'm a teacher, so if I don't sit down all day does that count as exercise? :)
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Susan and this is my first time participating. I've been faithful about logging food but not so much about exercising. It's dark when I leave for work in the morning and it's dark when I get home in the evening. I'm a teacher, so if I don't sit down all day does that count as exercise? :)

Haha, that's a hard one. I'd say no--it needs to be something that increases your heart rate a little.

Can you walk around during your lunch break?
  • MissEstherG
    MissEstherG Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sharon and I have been logging for about 86 days... I am usually active 5/6 days a week but am looking forward to the challenge of 7 days a week.

I am looking for some mfp friends too, this is my first time losing weight and actually getting online support. I usually go it alone and it makes it a lot harder. I am 27/174 pounds so anyone in that range that wants the extra support and someone to relate too, add me.

PS I work full time plus starting a consulting business so I eat out a lot for work but I still log religiously.
  • iheartbiology
    iheartbiology Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Aleishia here. Last month I blew it on day 6 or so while vacationing.
    So I'm here I am to try again!
  • salsue84
    salsue84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Sally and I'm looking forward to the extra accountability this challenge will bring! I'm a little nervous about how I'll do with the holidays, and exercising 7 days a week is a daunting task, but I think I'm up for the challenge!!
  • PINKSPARKLE1965INPARADISE
    Options
    HI I'm Simone Renee and this is my first time thanks for your support:heart:
  • sunraew
    sunraew Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Greetings Beautiful People,
    I have a wonderful hubby, a teenage son and three cats. Last year I dropped 30lbs but let a few creep up on me over Winter by slacking off on logging and making excuses for not exercising. This is my first challenge on the UAC. I'm looking forward to the challenge and being held accountable as I work to improve my habits and reduce my BMI.
    I wish you all great success. Be strong and choose well ! -- Sunny.
  • TinyCake81
    TinyCake81 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Steph and this is my first Accountability Challenge and I'm a little bit terrified :)

I've just re-committed to getting healthy and feel like starting hard with proper rules to stick to will really get me in the right mindset.

I have 2 children and work in a cafe. I have a bit of an obsession with making cakes which is also part of my new job so it's always close to hand. Luckily I've found this past month I'm getting a bit fed up of it!

After being a SAHM for the past 5 years being back at work 4 days has really changed the way I view food. It was a big part of my days focus before with regular meals and snacks on a strict routine and boredom was a big part of my over eating. But now I find it's an after thought most of the time and it's kick started my weight loss and motivated me to join MFP also.

I'm looking forward to finally accepting my own accountability!
  • TinyCake81
    TinyCake81 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Also wanted to add I have no friends on here yet so feel free to add me :)
  • sanfly
    sanfly Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is my first time trying this challenge out - hoping it will encourage me to do a little bit of exercise every day, and log what I'm eating to get back on track