Participant Updates and Introductions

Options

Replies

• niricava
    niricava Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm excited to give this group a try. I am loving adding on new challenges and accomplishing them one step at a time!
    I also love another member's idea of a prize at the end of the challenge. I'm thinking mine will be a fitbit! That will give me time to save up for it and something to look forward to once I accomplish it!!!

Thanks caradae for organizing this!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm starting a circuit training class next week which meets twice a week for four weeks so that will help me stay on track through November. It's okay to eat some of our burned calories right? I'm only set at 1230 so I generally eat back a portion of what I burn. I also generally underestimate my calorie burn and log everything, absolutely everything, I eat.

I'll be the grandma of the group............lol
  • mavis153
    Options
    I love this idea! Especially during the holidays, it's going to be tricky, but it's just what I need around the holidays. I'm half way through chemo for hodgkins lymphoma and need something to keep me motivated to keep moving when I feel like garbage. Can't wait to get started :)
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Wondering if those of you who did this can share what your WL was for the month? Knowing that would be motivating too. Looking forward to a great 30 days!

I've done this challenge for 5 months. I've completed 2 months, but I got at least halfway during the other months. I've lost 20 pounds total. Most months I lose 5 pounds (even if I don't finish the challenge). So far in October I haven't lost any weight, but it's normal to plateau sometimes. (I am very much looking forward to getting over it though, lol.)
  • caradae
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Denise, and this is my first time trying this challenge. It seems do-able, but at the same time could be challenging if I forget to log, or update on this board. I'm in!!

I am also a moderator for a group, "Buddy Challenge group for November" if anyone wants to join this group as well. It really is just a different approach in that we will be having a monthly weigh in, but mostly to pair everyone up with a "buddy" to help keep them accountable and to provide support. I will post weekly challenges, but mostly the real challenges will be set up between buddies, or individual goals within buddies. I think this group, and the one I'm starting could be compatible, so you are welcome to join this too!

I've been really really struggling since June, and I'm hoping to find something that helps me keep me on track, and get back into the game!

Your group sounds like it might really compliment this one. I joined a second group in October as well, hoping it would reinforce my progress and participation in this group, and I'm happy to say it did.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    I'm back for another attempt at this...I made it about half way through last time but stress at work got the better of me. Currently I'm tracking all my food on Weight Watchers, as I'm kick starting my weight loss, and staying on track (yay!!) I love the motivation and also motivating friends as well :) Here's to a great November for all of us!!
  • caradae
    Options
    I'm in. I'm starting a circuit training class next week which meets twice a week for four weeks so that will help me stay on track through November. It's okay to eat some of our burned calories right? I'm only set at 1230 so I generally eat back a portion of what I burn. I also generally underestimate my calorie burn and log everything, absolutely everything, I eat.

I'll be the grandma of the group............lol

Lol, you sound like a pretty buff grandma.

Yes, eating back your calories is okay.
  • caradae
    Options
    I love this idea! Especially during the holidays, it's going to be tricky, but it's just what I need around the holidays. I'm half way through chemo for hodgkins lymphoma and need something to keep me motivated to keep moving when I feel like garbage. Can't wait to get started :)

Mavis, I love your picture.
  • caradae
    Options
    I'm back for another attempt at this...I made it about half way through last time but stress at work got the better of me. Currently I'm tracking all my food on Weight Watchers, as I'm kick starting my weight loss, and staying on track (yay!!) I love the motivation and also motivating friends as well :) Here's to a great November for all of us!!

I used to do Weight Watchers. It's useful because it teaches you how to eat and what to eat. The community factor was neat, too. I actually kind of modelled this group after WW (minus the $40 a month, lol). What I miss most about WW is the educational component. I tried to include an educational component the first few months I did this challenge, but it was too complicated and not many people were interested.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I'm Brock first time in this challenge. I generally work out 6 days a week but I'll find a way to get something in on that 7th day. I try hard to stay under my calories but in Oct. I had two such days so I know how hard it is. I'm looking forward to this.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    "Lol, you sound like a pretty buff grandma."

Hah, not yet but I'm working on it. I also swim 5 mornings a week.............yikes. I'm looking forward to this challenge. We're traveling in a couple of weeks so it will be useful to be held accountable on the road. I'll need to put the ap on my phone. Hopefully, I won't get booted out....lol
  • heavyabc
    heavyabc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's great- thanks for sharing your weight loss. I've really been off track and need to stay focused. I travel often for work and find it very difficult to feel like I can plan/control my meals on the road.
  • buba975
    buba975 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am excited to be back. I completed this challenge in August, but only made it halfway through September. I didn't do it in October, but I am happy to be back.

Caradee, I like your idea of making your calorie goal higher for a day once a week or so.....Never really though about it but I think it will be very helpful for me during the Holidays!

Also this challenge keeps me motivated to exercise every day for at least 20 min.

Thanks Caradee for the great challenge.
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Louise and its my first time doing this challenge but a few people on my friends list did it last month and loved it. I have been on MFP for a year and I was really good at staying on track but I have fallen off the wagon a bit lately so I'm hoping this group will help me to get back on track and lose those last few pounds.
  • operaprincess1
    operaprincess1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jessica. This is going to be my first challenge on MFP and I am pretty excited about this. Seems sensible and a real no brainer compared to some of the other challenges I have seen posted on here. :happy:
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    ello wave.gif

I'm KB, I've been logging in consistently for 25 days which is kind of a big deal for me. lol

They say that it takes about 21-30 days to establish a new habit and I am proof of that. I have been setting small personal goals since I began tracking on MFP and I am over the moon at how I can now look back at my logs and say "I did that!", or "I drank that much more water". These days it's all about conquering the small goals one at a time.

I look forward to this challenge. It will keep me on my toes and help me take my journey to another level.

Looking forward to establishing good rapport with you all.

Cheers! thumbsup.gif
  • toddka1
    toddka1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi. This is my first UAC challenge and I'm looking forward to it. I want to jump off the plateau I've been on for a while. Been struggling with hip issue but usually walk every day, either with or without the dog.
  • jenniferswooten
    jenniferswooten Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Jennifer and this is my first time joining this challenge. I'm really excited about it and hope it will help push me to reach the goal I have set for myself to lose 10 more pounds by the end of the year.
  • da1syJane
    da1syJane Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I am Jane... I am thrilled to find a group with so much accountability!
  • Kelly_Fit_Belly
    Kelly_Fit_Belly Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello, Im Kelly. So excited for this new challenge! Anyone feel free to add me!

Hope everyone has an amazing weekend :)