What I did right today

Options
retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,755 Member
I wanted to start a thread about what we do right on a daily basis, doesn't have to just be food or exercise. Just the things that make you feel you are on the RIGHT track in your life.

1. I have paid attention to what I am doing when I 'think' I want something to eat. I stopped and considered was it looking at the shots of all the recipes I was looking at on http://www.skinnytaste.com that made me think I needed a snack or was I really hungry and hadn't eaten for several hours, it was the photos, I decided. So I just went to another web site without any pics of yummy, even if low fat foods.

2. Got in my exercise session for the day, yea step aerobics.

3. Read some Success Story postings for motivation.

So how is everyone else's day going?

I'll try to remember to bump this thread up regularly so it can be ongoing.

Replies

• jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Great idea........ always something positive we can be proud of....... I managed a 4 mile run this afternoon. Since I started running 2 months ago I have clocked up 52 miles! Trying to run three or four times a week...and really enjoying it! :bigsmile:

Jean
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    This is a great topic! I was reading an article on Spark that stated optimists live longer and are healthier than pessimists, so I'm trying to be positive. I went to an exercise class today even though I really didn't feel like it. I also stopped eating pizza and brownies before I got carried away. I finished a great Sandra Brown book called "Envy." I talked with two relatives who aren't feeling well. I had a good day!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Jean, Good for you, becoming a runner. Running just isn't my thing, I'm sticking to step aerobics and dancing and of course hiking the Rockies at every opportunity.

JHLove...Good job on curbing the eating. And so kind of you to chat with the relatives. I also have an account on Spark people but spend my time here these days, we called going to the gym or working out when we didn't feel like it a BIDIA, But I Did It Anyway.

I noticed you are from Colorado, sending you a friend invite.

1. Got up early even though all I wanted to do was sleep in this AM
    2. Logged my weigh in, dropped the .4 lbs I have been struggling with for a little over a week now and am down 20 lbs. since joining in July!!!! Newsfeed didn't report it correctly but my ticker is correct, I made it to another milestone. I am attacking the weight 10 lbs. at a time. I stay focused on that 10, not all the weight I need to drop.
    3. Sent a note of encouragement to a couple of my MFPals who are slacking on logging in.

Make great choices today everyone, I need to do another thing right, get up and move it, move it, move it.:wink:
  • ranchmimi
    ranchmimi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    After being really sedentary for a looooooooong time, I have reached a point where I have lots of energy and am trying to raise the number of steps I take every day. It took me about 4 months to get to 2000 - and I'm now at 2500 most days. I will keep raising the number until I think I've reached my top! This from a 76 YO lady who walks with a cane! I intend keeping this up along with my regular 3 times a week "sit & be fit" exercise class.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    What I did right:
    I managed to get in two walks,slow ones, but two of them. It is always a challenge on my working nights.
    I skipped wine totally today.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I hope others share what they are doing right.

What I did right:

Ate within my cals
    Got an aerobic session in today
    Cooked up roasted veggies for some grab and go eating over the next couple of days.
    Resisted an urge to cook something 'wintery' filled with high carb stuff.
    Had tea not wine again today.
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    What I've done right today - got out of bed at 5.00 a.m.and ran with dog instead of just walking her.
    Avoided going to the pub for lunch with the others at work - not difficult
    Planned my evening meal

Jen
  • lesutherl
    lesutherl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I upped my water intake I was not drinking anywhere near the 8 glasses a day. got an exercise tape and found my cd player plan to walk today
    laura
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I really like this page because I have a really hard time praising myself. So here goes, today--

I ate reasonably healthy food
    Drank hot tea (because it's too cold for water)
    Had hot, homemade chicken soup ready for hubby when he came home from work

Hopefully, I'll get better at this as time goes by.
  • 53welshlady
    Options
    For yesterday - ticked all the boxes for exercise, food and water!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    that the way to do it
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Love reading what is being done right by everyone :love:

Yesterday I had a BIDIA moment. I was going to blow off exercise, I was really zonkers, but when I looked at my food log, I just got up and did some dancing, aerobic steps, and even some dumbell work.

Today I am waiting for the cable guy to come here, he missed his two hr. window :grumble: But instead of going into the fridge, I decided to come here and look at my charts etc, to see how I am progressing. Since eating isn't going to make him arrive sooner.
  • ppaolini4340
    Options
    Good day everyone. I have to start with what I did right this week. I FINALLY got back on MFP and started watching what I eat and posting. I had not been on the sight for a couple months and began putting weight back on. At my age, it is too easily put on and way too hard to get back off. So today is my 4th day of posting and I have lost about 1/2 pound. YEAH . Last night I made a huge pot of chicken soup full of garden veggies, ( spinach, zuchinni, carrots, peas ) and I will have it for lunch for the next few days. It is hard to sit here at work for 8 hours and not think about eating. I have cleaned out all the goodies from my cube except for a bag of almonds. Mostly, I just ask the Lord for help to make it through the day and stay within my calorie count.

God Bless all.

Pam
  • retirehappy
    Options
    What did I do right today?

Hit my half way to goal mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Looked at my charts and can not believe how consistently downwards my weight has gone. Would I have wanted it quicker of course, but I was just reading a success post by an 18 yr old male who joined about the same time I did and his success story was 25 lbs.
    So I acknowledge that for an over 60 female, I am going very well.

I hope everyone else is doing the right thing and will come post about it. Here is to doing it RIGHT :drinker:
  • Mrsmartin61
    Options
    I'm here posting .... I've been away long enough to realize I can't and don't want to do this alone. Hubby is supportive ... :love: he's over there in his recliner sleeping at 8pm.

When I got home from the antique shop - I put on baked chicken and baked potatoes. I cut the potato in half and put 1/2 away for another meal tomorrow.

I've been looking at a lot of dessert recipes on Pinterest. I haven't been making them though -- JUST LOOKING!

I've been hand milking our goat the last couple of months - twice daily... making cheese too, which is very good. I love being able to share this new adventure with others. . . most love the cheese samples. And I have goat milk soap plans in the future.

So glad to hear of your positive accomplishments. Bless you all!

Sherry
  • retirehappy
    Options
    What I did right on Sat (I'm working and it is early Sun. AM)

Stayed under in cals.

Had a moment of weakness and considered ordering a margarita when out for lunch but when the waitress came to the table to take our order, I went with iced tea instead.

Finally bought myself a Shuffle so I can workout to music without having to strap a large device around my arm, I am so looking forward to getting it loaded with great tunes to walk and dancing with.

Started using my hypnotic tapes for weight loss again, they really do help, I've used them with good success in the past. I don't want to stall on my downward journey.

Make great choices and remember you are doing this for you, because you deserve to be the best person you can be.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    What I did right today:

Woke up and weighed .6 lbs less than I had on Thursday :) I am pretty sure this last bit came off because I had pasta, bread, and some high sodium items earlier in the week the effects of which have gone away.

Had a raspberry smoothie with lots of added fiber to start the day right.

Came on MFP to read the success stories for motivation.

Hope everyone is doing well this weekend they can be a challenge! OMG just realized I dropped on a weekend day, who is this person? That has never happened to me before!!
  • 53welshlady
    Options
    What I've done right (the last few days) - maintained the impetus of working out daily. Kept my enthusiasm going.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Glad to see the right things everyone is doing.

Didn't want to go out for a walk BIDIA and it was lovely, lots of geese at the local pond.
    Got everything logged and posted before midnight, I don't always hit that time.
    Got into another pair of size 12s today :)
  • 53welshlady
    Options
    What I did right today, well yesterday really.

One level up on cross trainer - couldn't do it last week!
    Avoided the wine witch - none in house so that helps.....
    No picking in the evening.
    Remembered to pick up gym bag to go there straight after work so no excuses.

Weighed in after first week and have lost 1.2 kg and trousers actually feel less uncomfortable.
    These are my loose size 14. Hopefully later in week I'll feel like trying out my tighter size 14.
    A pain when you have only one pair of decent trousers that fit for work. I bought three new pairs in September, but then went on a holiday for my 60th birthday, and they've not beem comfortable enough to wear since then.
    I sit down all day so a too tight waistband is a no no.