What I did right today

Options

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,755 Member
    Options
    What I did right on Wednesday:

Started logging everything again. I was slipping, even missed one day and had to do a best guess. Not a good thing. So back to carrying my iphone everywhere. I just have to have that accountability I guess.

Listened to motivational CD

What I have done right so far today:

logged my breakfast

Got the trash out on time, it is so cold, I just wasn't willing to get outside, but finally had a BIDIA moment and got it out there before the truck came by.

Now I am off to catch up on some chores I have been avoiding. This weather only makes me want to eat, I hope we come out of the freezer soon.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I was in persistent Atrial Fibrillation for two years and did a lot of damage to my heart. After a lot of medication and four cardioversions, I went back into normal sinus rhythm and today marks the fifth month that the old heart is working properly. Some of the damage to my heart is being reversed.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful Chuck....... I am doing a four and a half mile run tomorrow for the British Heart Foundation Charity...I lost my daughter to congenital heart disease 18 years ago....

Well done!:heart:

Jean
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    jeanmbrob, I am so very sorry to read about your daughter. I love that you are doing something constructive about it and running the four and half mile. Good for you! Also I send hugs and cheers your way!
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Walked 3 miles despite awful weather - and didn't have my usual treat of two hash browns with my Tesco coffee :tongue:

Jean
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    jeanmbrob, I am so very sorry to read about your daughter. I love that you are doing something constructive about it and running the four and half mile. Good for you! Also I send hugs and cheers your way!

Thanks Californiagirl ... :flowerforyou:

Jean
  • ireallyneedit
    ireallyneedit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I was away from the computer but did write things down....did just ok. We had a nice visit with friends and stayed overnight and played cards and of course we lost! Going out for breakfast now and will do a very light lunch and dinner so will stay on track. Happy Sunday toeveryone.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I made myself get out of my pity party and go for a walk. did me a world of good!
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    What I did right yesterday--I finally got up and played some hammered dulcimer and piano; now I know I'm on the mend!
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Lovely sunny afternoon here...just right for a run by the canal......another four and a half miles...... really lifts the mood! :happy:

Jean
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Jean so sorry to learn about your daughter.

Cody, how wonderful that your taking your life in your own hands and reversing the damage done previously :drinker:

What I did right yesterday:

Finally put the HRM on and did aerobics, I have not done much but stay wrapped in a blanket eating carbs for the last few days due to all the sub zero temps and snow. Only exercise had been snow shoveling for days.
    Listened to subliminal cd to fall asleep, I do better the next day when I do that. Had stopped doing it. Why? I have no idea. I know it helps me stay motivated and on the right track.

What I did right today:

Cut out the high carb eating!
    Gone grocery shopping to stock up on the good stuff again, was low when the snow came and now I can restock with My Foods again.
    Got in another round of exercise.
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Tuesday ........ I tidied up the patio plants. Took some waterlogged plants in pots and rescued them into the greenhouse. Then got out some pots of bulbs which are now sprouting nicely...they too are now in the greenhouse ... it's early yet and we could have snow but I feel I have made a start on Spring .... always enjoy starting work in the greenhouse....... :flowerforyou:

Jean
  • seamoth
    seamoth Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I joined this group, for starters!
    Then, I did a 45mt aerobics session at home, following Leslie Sansone's Four Fast Miles dvd.
    Then, taking advantage of a short break in the rain, I walked outside quite quickly for 1.45 miles.
    I was below my calorie limit, just.
    I had a glass of Californian red wine with my supper, lovely :)
    Had a mug of Horlicks a few minutes ago.
    Now going to sleep as its 00h07 here in England.
    Zzzzzzzzz.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Today I got Valentine's day gift cards from Old Navy for DD and DGD! True Love!
  • ireallyneedit
    Options
    Wow I am leading a group of about 15 ladies (old like me ha ha) with Leslie Sansone Just Walk DVD....we do only the classic 2 mile walk for now but people are loving it. I do a mile outside before that and other water aerobics, linedancing etc. love exercising really feel better when I do it.
  • ireallyneedit
    Options
    See we do not need food Valentines gifts...that is true love for sure.
  • ireallyneedit
    Options
    Energetic and enthusiastic cause I am not sure Spring is coming anyones way very soon...weather even in Florida is cool.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    What I did right today:

Made it through the day without yelling at anyone even though I had every right to:grumble:
    Only consumed two squares of chocolate when I really, really wanted to whole bar.
    Came on here to relax after a very stressful day at work, instead of eating more said chocolate.
    Cleaned up the kitchen on my breaks to get my mind off of work stuff. So I can go in and cook dinner in peace shortly.

What is everyone else doing right?
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Wow I am leading a group of about 15 ladies (old like me ha ha) with Leslie Sansone Just Walk DVD....we do only the classic 2 mile walk for now but people are loving it. I do a mile outside before that and other water aerobics, linedancing etc. love exercising really feel better when I do it.

Good for you sounds like a fun thing to do with friends. I like her walking tapes and living in CO I have to depend on them often to get a good walk in, I am in a two story house with basement so I walk the stairs to her often, to really kick it up a notch.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I got up early enough to get to the gym and do my cardio, crunches and planks, then took my wife to have cataract surgery on her left eye. I also resisted a piece of coconut cream pie.:sad: