What I did right today

Options

Replies

• seamoth
    seamoth Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I went for a 4 mile walk, early in the morning, 7AM. It was very cold, my eyes were tearing, my gloved hands freezing and my nose was probably red. I live deep in the country side and the only person I passed was the milkman doing his rounds. I saw two robins chattering in a hedge, many crows pecking in the fields, heard several cockerals competing woth each other, watched the sky turn from pink to orange to pearly grey and poked my boot into puddles to break the ice. By the time I got back home my overriding thought was "Why haven't I done this before?". I'm going to do it as often as I can now. its the best, most 'right' thing I've done for ages!
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    seamoth,

Very descriptive. I guess this is the winter version of “Stop and smell the roses”. You should be writer.

Chuck
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Love your description of your lovely walk Seamoth .........:smile:

I walked for an hour this morning before the rain came back. Cosying up by the fire now .....about to try to fit a few bluesy chords to a song that seemed to pop it's way into my head during the night.......

Hope you had a good Valentine's Day if that is your thing....:heart:

Jean
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,755 Member
    Options
    Seamoth, sounds lovely. I started getting up early and walking when I first did WW in the late 80's. I have loved that time of day ever since and it is so worth the effort to get out of bed. I hope to be living a lifestyle soon where it is an option again for me.

What I did right so far:
    Scrubbed the kithen floor and cabinets, exercise and the kitchen look very nice now.
    Have the champers chilled for tonight. Hubby and I will have a nice at home dinner with that, and of course, some excellent dark chocolate.
    Sorted out my shoes they had just become a jumble couldn't find mates!
    Had a nice leasurely breakfast, read for a while sipping coffee. Felt pampered doing that will have to do it more often.

Have a loving Valentine's Day everyone.
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    I must try to get out of bed a little earlier...the walk and the reading while sipping coffee sound like something I would love to start my day with......:smile:

Jean
  • CRody44
    Options
    I didn’t do my aerobics today, but did take my Bride to her cataract post op appointment (she sees 20/16 out of that eye now). We also booked a 15 day Danube, Main, Rhine river cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam for next year. I then had a delicious crab sandwich made with cream cheese (figured into my calories for the day.)
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I didn’t do my aerobics today, but did take my Bride to her cataract post op appointment (she sees 20/16 out of that eye now). We also booked a 15 day Danube, Main, Rhine river cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam for next year. I then had a delicious crab sandwich made with cream cheese (figured into my calories for the day.)

Wow that sounds like an awesome day! I had friends who did that cruise recently they loved it, I'm sure you will too.

What I have done right so far today:
    Tracking cals
    Fixed a leak in the kitchen so no more water under the sink.
    Got onto the site to read success stories and catch up with my pals here.

Have a great Presidents' Day weekend everyone.
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I can finally recognize something that I did right--My sinus infection is finally gone and I had enough energy to
    wrap my son's birthday presents
    make a DVD of his baby pics to give to him
    did some laundry which involves going up and down stairs several times
    Feels good to be getting back on track.
  • CRody44
    Options
    Picked up my MIL (87) and took her to her sister's (90) to visit. Bought her sister a shower chair and adjusted it for her height.
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    I can finally recognize something that I did right--My sinus infection is finally gone and I had enough energy to
    wrap my son's birthday presents
    make a DVD of his baby pics to give to him
    did some laundry which involves going up and down stairs several times
    Feels good to be getting back on track.

Glad to hear you are feeling better!

I wlaked to my coffee shop this morning and realised what a lovely day it is...sunshine at last! So I went back out and did a 5 mile run...my longest distance! Now eating a banana, an apple and a few almonds...so all good so far today! :bigsmile:

Jean
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Glad your feeling better now Gramanana.

Cody how sweet of you. I am sure the ladies really appreciated your efforts.

Jean, sunshine is in short supply around here lately. But we are supposed to get some this afternoon, so hubby and I are planning a nice long walk. I have had cabin fever lately so cold and snowy. But we are finally getting our thaw, have to go out and celebrate that.
  • BobbieInCA
    BobbieInCA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You will love the river cruise. We took the Budapest to Amsterdam trip on Uniworld two years ago, and also the one from Paris to Normandy. They are so amazing that we have one scheduled on the Douro River in Portugal this Spring. Just watch that food. It is so good and fresh (especially the breads) that temptation is rampant. Lots of walking, and I still gained weight. This time will be different because I will log with MFP!
    Have a wonderful time!!!
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    After a mad weekend away helping a friend celebrate her birthday I am back and raring to go! A good walk this morning and then a day doing housework and ironing........ feeling very positive foodwise too ... and it's been a lovely sunny day here....even opened windows....perfect day to lift the spirits! :bigsmile:

Jean
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Half an hour running as it has been a glorious Spring Day here again :flowerforyou: ...... sadly I also ate a packet of Jelly Babies! :sick:

Jean
  • gspieler
    gspieler Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow...you are really doing well. Congrats.
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    After my walk this morning in the frost, it has turned into a glorious day.....will be running this afternoon!

Jean
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I did my 20 minutes on my stationary bike this morning. I have a sewing project to finish up so I'm trying to get that out of the way (it's dragging on too long).

We're having dinner out tonight (Going to an Eagles concert, woohoo) and lunch will be leftover lentil-rice soup. It turned out reallllly good. Or maybe I was just REAALLLY hungry when I made it. ha.

I'm laughing looking at everyone else's weight ticker... so many of you have 4 lbs to go and I haven't even LOST 4 lbs yet.

LOL :laugh:
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Wow! Eagles! Lucky Lady! Enjoy! :smile:

Jean
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I just did 25 minutes on my stationary bike.

Now. I am HUNGRY because I'm sticking to my food plan and I need to go eat before I do something like dive headfirst into a bag of potato chips.

haha

PS: The Eagles concert was FAB U LOUS. We were in the 5th row; it was a total blast.
  • seamoth
    seamoth Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've been going for my early morning walk each day now for the last week. You'd think that because its the same route each time it would get boring. Not a bit. My walk takes me first past fields where horses (in their winter blankets) trot up to the hedges as I pass and allow me to tickle their noses. Then through a small wood where snowdrops are out in force amongst daffodils waiting to open their still folded buds, -each time I see them I throw them words of encouragement (yeah, quite mad, but no one around to hear!). Then past the muddy brown pig fields, empty now, but soon to be full of grunting sows and happy piglets. This is where the cold wind blows straight into my face and makes my eyes water. Then through a tiny hamlet where I am now on stroking acquaintance with two red springer spaniels who come bounding up to greet me, then streak back to wherever they have come from. Last half mile of this 3.5 mile walk is through fields bordered by high banks, now bright with yellow and purple crocuses. Then I'm back in my village, and at my window my cat sits waiting to welcome me home. Not a bad way to lose some calories ????