December 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Well - it is easier to find this group now and easier to be on the right thread for posting. I'm still not checking in every day.

December:
    GOAL: 175
    1st: 1.36 miles
    2nd: 3.35 miles
    3rd: 17.82 miles ( 4.32 /13.5 spin bike)
    4th: 4.21 miles
    5th: 3 miles
    6th: 1 mile
    7th: 1 mile
    8th: 2.8 miles
    9th: 4.63 miles
    10th: 19.81miles (7.11/12.7 spin bike) - Total: 55.98 / 119.02 to goal

I'm actually on goal for the average. Thank goodness for spin class!
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Im not getting much exercise in since my back has been very sore for over a week now but I managed a 4.1 mile walk today.

exercise.png
  • RedBess
    RedBess Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    12/11: 6.11km

exercise.png
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Well, I took matters in my own hands :smile: ... With my gym closing and the end of the month, I ordered a flat bench last week and I will order a folding bench this week. I talked with my trainer last week, and she told me that with that, and with the suspension trainer cord, weights, and dumbbells that I already have, I'll be able to do entire workouts. She's also gonna give me all the training that they build up for me over the years and that are in my file. :drinker: Yay!

The only downside: Since I ordered my bench, I just don't feel like going to the gym anymore. I just want my bench to get here so I can start working out from home! :ohwell: And since I don't have a stationary bike at home, and that my monthly mileage is half-based on the mileage on it, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to reach my goal. :sad: But I promise I'll push to try and crush it!

I like the idea of a home gym, might do the same myself, however I have a couple of questions: Why do you need both a folding bench and a flat one? Can't you have one for both? What are you going to do for cardio?
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Just saw that you moved to a group!

December goal - 75 miles!

12/3 - ran 5 miles
    12/4 - ran 2 miles
    12/5 - ran 3.5 miles
    12/7 - rode 7 miles
    12/8 - ran 2 miles, walked 1.7
    12/10 - ran 3.5 miles
    12/11 - ran 2 miles

26.7 / 75 done!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    =======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

To view (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet, copy the following
    address into your browser:

http://www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    12/10 + 4.05 miles running at 13:50 pace (in snow, so went slow to prevent falling)

exercise.png
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    so far so good

exercise.png
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    It's colder & darker (less day-light) now in NH and will be that way for a few months, which means the long rides and runs have come to a close for the season . . . However, there will be more spinning, swimming and even some "Freeze Your Buns" series runs this winter. *and some skiing too.

Going to set my goal at 65 miles for December.

Dec. 2nd: 12 miles (*spin*)
    Dec. 2nd: 15 miles (*spin*)

Total: 27 miles
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    3.1 mile walk. Slid on some ice and wondered if my Fitbit counted the distance as two steps :bigsmile: Stayed upright.

exercise.png
  • sunflower9194
    sunflower9194 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    MTD as of 12/11 27.6

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Well, I took matters in my own hands :smile: ... With my gym closing and the end of the month, I ordered a flat bench last week and I will order a folding bench this week. I talked with my trainer last week, and she told me that with that, and with the suspension trainer cord, weights, and dumbbells that I already have, I'll be able to do entire workouts. She's also gonna give me all the training that they build up for me over the years and that are in my file. :drinker: Yay!

The only downside: Since I ordered my bench, I just don't feel like going to the gym anymore. I just want my bench to get here so I can start working out from home! :ohwell: And since I don't have a stationary bike at home, and that my monthly mileage is half-based on the mileage on it, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to reach my goal. :sad: But I promise I'll push to try and crush it!

I like the idea of a home gym, might do the same myself, however I have a couple of questions: Why do you need both a folding bench and a flat one? Can't you have one for both? What are you going to do for cardio?
    @Dinos:
    I bought a flat bench because I'm doing box jumps with weights; I wouldn't want to break a folding bench by jumping on it repeatedly. :frown: If it wasn't for the box jumps, I probably would only buy a folding bench, but box jumps are a fantastic exercise for impulsion (so important when running).

As for cardio, I'll go out running, biking (during the summer) just before doing weight/strength training. But I did a few sessions of HIIT training with my coach, and my HRM was going through the roof with 188; I think you can count this as cardio :laugh: Just doing one set of walking lunges with 20 lb dumbbells in each hand (around 40 steps total), followed by 20 jump boxes with 5 lbs weights, and 25 push ups (feet on the bench, hands on the floor) my HR usually goes up to 180 after each set; since there's so many muscles working at the same time, the heart is pumping like crazy! And that's only one set. Now repeat 3 times. I also have a suspension trainer; you can do an entire workout with that if you want. I love that thing!

I think it's gonna be fun! :tongue:
  • mandysmom092711
    Options
    Rode 10 miles on stationary bike today

30.12/125
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    12/10 = 2.29

exercise.png
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Another lovely sunset walk
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    12/10 - 5.25 miles walking

Total to date: 41.75 of 60
  • 0nehappyheart
    Options
    12.10. 5.99

exercise.png
  • leambi
    leambi Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    6 miles done today.

exercise.png
  • anwylyd_un
    anwylyd_un Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    A 1.5 mile mosey today :)

exercise.png
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Will still push for the usual 1000 miles, but have some severe weather on its way over

01-12: 91.06 miles
    02-12: 50.33 miles
    03-12: 50.18 miles
    04-12: 50.33 miles
    05-12: 51.44 miles
    06-12: 51.41 miles
    07-12: No ride - still too stiff after fall
    08-12: 21.01 miles
    09-12: 53.08 miles
    10-12: 45.34 miles
    11-12: 53.14 miles
    December miles: 517.32