Your Favourite Fat Bomb?

Options
1235»

Replies

• ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I love that this thread has been resurrected. . I was wondering where it got to.
  • mongoosealamode
    mongoosealamode Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    1 tbs cream cheese
    1 tbs coconut oil
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    1/3 packet sweetener

• Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    These are my plan for today: http://empoweredsustenance.com/stop-sugar-cravings/

It uses honey, but 3 tbsp in that many portions doesn't worry me much.
  • tmdalton849
    tmdalton849 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    i just eat warmed coconut butter off a spoon, sometimes with a sprinkle of cinnamon.

also, these popcicles:

1 can coconut milk (sometimes i 1/2 with coconut cream)
    4 tbs ceylon cinnamon
    10-15 drops stevia (to taste)
    4 tbs coconut oil
    4 tbs coconut butter
    1/4 tsp himalayan pink salt
    1 tsp. vanilla

blend & pour into popcicle molds (makes 10)

• Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    There are a lot of very similar recipes here, but also some new and exciting things! Nice!

My fat bombs usually involve heavy cream, cream cheese, and butter. Sometimes all together. >_>

Fat bomb cream cheese frosting:(from here)
    2 oz cream cheese
    2 oz Kerrygold unsalted butter
    1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    4 drops of liquid stevia or 2 servings of sweetener of your choice.

Directions:
    Mix in a blender like you would normal frosting.
    This should maybe be a 2-serving thing, but I usually eat the whole darned bowl.

Chai jello: (adapted from Knox blox recipe)
    1 packet or 1 tablespoon of unflavoured gelatin(e)
    1 cup of boiling water (to prepare tea)
    1-2 bags of chai tea. I use Stash double spice. It's intense.
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond or almond coconut milk
    1 tablespoon unsweetened pure cocoa powder (OPTIONAL)
    4-8 tablespoons heavy cream

Directions:
    Prepare tea using the water + tea bags. Let steep a little longer than you might usually for a black tea.
    Remove tea bags and discard.
    Mix the cocoa powder and sweetener into the chai.
    Measure cold almond milk into a bowl.
    Sprinkle gelatin over almond milk and set timer for 1 min.
    While the gelatin is "blooming" in the bowl, microwave your prepared chai to make sure it's NICE and hot.
    Stir almond milk and gelatin together and then add your hot ingredients to the cold.
    Stir for 5 mins to FULLY DISSOLVE and incorporate the gelatin.
    Pour into desired molds.
    SUGGESTIONS FOR MOLDS: Find something that divides easily into 4 servings. I found some little plastic 4 oz.Ziploc containers that are exactly the right size to put these in and then just transport to work. Anchor Hocking also makes wonderful small glass ramekins that are perfect and come with lids.
    Let set at least 3 hours.

To serve:
    Dice the gelatin into cubes and pour good ol' heavy cream over the top. Depending on the cream used and my fat needs, I will add 1-2 tablespoons of pure heavy cream.

By the way, I use a similar concept to make all kinds of tea and coffee jello. One of my favourites that is NOT a fat bomb is Mojito Kevita + 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. I made another one that actually used pureed raspberries + raspberry hibiscus tea which was also amazing with cream and lower carb than I would have thought.

-T.
  • tmdalton849
    Options
    omg those jello ideas are the bomb! (ptp)

thanks!
  • Teneko
    Options
    I just realized I didn't add the sweetener to my recipe above. For the jello, I usually use 12-16 drops of liquid stevia. Since it makes 4 servings, you can substitute 4 servings of whatever sweetener you prefer.

-T.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    bernicem77 wrote: »
    I made this today. I think they could count as fat bombs. Taste like cheesecake to me.

1 pack cream cheese (room temperature)
    1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
    2 packs splenda

Makes 6 servings
    Per serving: 255 cal, 3g protein, 26g fat, 3 carbs

This is slightly better when adding vanilla - more like cheesecake. There's a recipe for "Cream Cheese Clouds" on the web that does this. You can use any extracts.

My favorites use a base of 1/4 coconut oil melted with 1 stick butter. Add 8 oz softened cream cheese - then add flavors/sweeteners to taste. This is my favorite BASE recipe now..

My favorite is with 1 TBSP cocoa powder and 1 TBSP cinnamon. I use Pure Via Stevia (the only one that I've found not to give me headaches). I think I use 3 packets for a batch. Comes out to a little over 1 carb per, if I remember right. I usually make a double batch in my pyrex, then chill, cut, and refrigerate or freeze before eating.

Lemon are okay but next time I'm leaving out the zest. A few TBSP of lemon juice and zest of half a lemon in the blend above, sweetened to taste....

I also make a jello fat bomb that tastes a lot like yogurt... I posted it on my blog page.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KnitOrMiss
  • tmdalton849
    Options
    Teneko wrote: »
    I just realized I didn't add the sweetener to my recipe above. For the jello, I usually use 12-16 drops of liquid stevia. Since it makes 4 servings, you can substitute 4 servings of whatever sweetener you prefer.

-T.

thanks again, can't wait to make these. what do you heat when you make the mojito kevita one, or what is the process?
  • tmdalton849
    Options
    oh my gosh thanks again for the knox blox recipes! i made the chai ones this morning and was thinking of them allllll day! stopped off for some cream on the way home and nom nom!

i added some shredded coconut and cinnamon on top. woweeee!!! so good! can't wait to try some other versions! (:
  • Teneko
    edited April 2015
    Options
    thanks again, can't wait to make these. what do you heat when you make the mojito kevita one, or what is the process?

For the non-fatty Kevita ones:
    1 packet or 1 tablespoon of unflavoured gelatin(e)
    8 oz Mojita Kevita (half of a bottle)
    2 tablespoons pure unsweetened lemon juice
    1/2 cup (hot) water
    12 drops liquid stevia

For this one, I use the Kevita as the cold liquid and I heat the water and lemon juice. Makes more sense to me to do it that way.
    I don't add any cream to this one so it's just a snack and not a fat bomb.

I'm glad you liked the chai gelatin! :smiley:
    GET CREATIVE! I made a coffee jelly once, too, kinda like they have in Japan.
    I am thinking of making a "peaches and cream" with jello made from peach tea, too.
    There's also blueberry tea, so you could have "blueberries and cream".

A packet of Knox unflavoured gelatine is roughly equivalent to 1 tablespoon of powdered gelatin. According to the Knox site, 1 packet will gel up to 2 cups (16 oz) of liquid. Keep that in mind when fiddling with the recipes. :)

-T.
  • tmdalton849
    Options
    awesome, thanks!!!