Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Talking Dead: Team Carl

Replies

• Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Great job last week everybody! Lets do even better this week!

Yeah! :drinker:

I love your new profile pic, Kat :smile:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Posting from my phone at work so I'll be brief! The week's punishment is a quick circuit training routine:

1 min jumping jacks; 10 sit ups/roll ups/crunches; 1 min jump rope; 1 min side plank (30 sec each side); 5 burpees.
    Here's the punishment from Team Rick's captain. The good news is he decided that you only have to do it once this week and, as always, you can include it with your cardio or strength numbers.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Posting from my phone at work so I'll be brief! The week's punishment is a quick circuit training routine:

1 min jumping jacks; 10 sit ups/roll ups/crunches; 1 min jump rope; 1 min side plank (30 sec each side); 5 burpees.
    Here's the punishment from Team Rick's captain. The good news is he decided that you only have to do it once this week and, as always, you can include it with your cardio or strength numbers.

Yay! Thanks Cindy.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,803 Member
    I am so stinkin' tired this week! I don't know what the deal is. I've been working really hard lately on burning calories though so maybe its my body telling me to focus on nutrition a little more.

How's everyone else feeling this week? Our team really dwindled. I kinda like being a small group though:flowerforyou:
  • Zombieinkpot
    I am so stinkin' tired this week! I don't know what the deal is. I've been working really hard lately on burning calories though so maybe its my body telling me to focus on nutrition a little more.

How's everyone else feeling this week? Our team really dwindled. I kinda like being a small group though:flowerforyou:

Me too! I couldn't do anything yesterday and struggled through my strength training today! I think I'm going to make my totals this week, but probably not much more.

Yes, our team has slimmed down. We are an awesome group! It is so cool we came second this week. We should aim for first next week. It would be nice to be handing out punishments for a change! :laugh:
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Hey everybody and thanks! The picture is old from when my baby was only 3 or 4 months old but it is one of my favorites of her. Shes 14 months now :sad: where does the time go? Anyways, I am battling a sinus infection this week so I am just hoping to meet my goals, but if not then I tried. How is everyone else?
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    I was a lameass yesterday - but, plan to run today 2.5 miles. (40 minutes???)

Tomorrow is 3 miles (50 minutes???)

Thursday is 2.5 miles and Hot Yoga (40 minutes & 60 minutes)

Friday - normally my rest day but I will need to do something because I work 12 hours on Saturday and 12 on Sunday.

I will also log my food for the rest of the week. I have been terrible with logging and that's 80% of weight loss, right?
  • Aprilstar480
    Kat, you think time flies now.... just wait! My baby girl turns 18 years old in May! I can't believe she is all grown up:noway:

Kim, I think you can do your miles faster than that! Your a rockstar:bigsmile: Are you doing it on the treadmill? I've found if you just bump it up 0.2 once in a while you don't really feel the change that much and you can get going a lot faster than you ever thought you could.
  • nisijam5
    I am trying to build endurance, currently I am at 13:37 mile/min. This is an increase from when I started at 15 min/mil. 2.5 miles is 33 to 35 minutes. Last week, I actually set the treadmill at 5.0 and I was happy to tolerate it for a while so I do kind of play with it - mostly, so I can finish the running faster. LOL

I usually round the time up and then include a 1/4 mile warm-up and cool-down to round up to 40 minutes so that I am contributing more time to the contest.

Thanks for the encouragement!!
  • nisijam5
    Ok....official time on the treadmill was 45 minutes.

I had a little bit of trouble with the last part of the 2.5 miles. I think because I did it with a random 3% incline plus I just felt so thirsty and thinking I need to up the water today. I did the 2.5 miles in 36 minutes so definitely slower than I want it to be.

Tomorrow, I am going to reattempt the 2.5 miles and shoot for the 3.0 miles with no incline. Hopefully, I will be successful so I can keep trudging on. I'm signed up for the Rock-n-Roll 1/2 marathon on July 20th.

I will also get my punishment in for tomorrow.

Logging cals today is going good. We are eating out tonight for my son's birthday so I have already logged what to have for dinner. NO WINE EITHER :sad:
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Hey everyone, sorry for being MIA for the week things have been crazy. It looks as though we are all a little spent from last week.
    I updated the spreadsheet with my numbers and will be spending my entire night at the gym (as well as Friday and Saturday) after not doing anything yesterday I need to make up for it!

Keep on keepin on ladies - we can do this :)
  • nisijam5
    Hi Team....

Yesterday, I did end up going over calories - but, I did log them so at least I was somewhat responsible in logging. We ate out at olive garden yesterday so it's always a challenge and I couldn't say no to the wine.

So, I also added another 20 minutes of exercise because it was a nice day at 30 degrees and I took my dog for a walk.

Today, I am going to try and do my 3 miles but minimum of 2.5 because that's where I am stuck on the training schedule. Then, it's some hot yoga for a good sweat and stretchy goodness.

Also, logging my naughtiness of food for today as well. Stupid poundcake that I ate for breakfast.

Nutrition Goal: Go to the grocery store and get lots of fruits and veggies!! Keep logging. Hide the Easter candy!!!
  • Zombieinkpot
    Hi Bridget, yes we all seem to be exhausted this week! We can still make our goals and I'm all set for a killer week next week. :smile:

Kim, you're doing awesome! Don't worry about going over your daily calories, but try to keep under your weekly average and way to go on logging everything! :drinker:

I am still really tired and struggling through to get the minimum done. I started a new strength training routine, and besides that I'm only doing some walking and some boxing to get my combat minutes in. I must do my punishment as well. I had plans to do it more than once, but that is not going to happen this week!

I'm my mum's carer, and I've just found out we're getting respite next week so I will be on holidays and will have loads of time to get back on form!
  • nisijam5
    I managed my 45 minutes on the treadmill. I am just struggling to get thru this 2.5 miles without stopping. So, I did intervals the last 1/2 mile of 5.0 and 4.3. Then, I went immediately to Hot Yoga. I didn't have time to do the punishment because I had to drive my son to pick up his new car and I was running late.

I went to update the chart and realized that I logged the Kettlebells but did not actually go. So, I am not as far as I thought.

Oh, I changed the charting to have our current week pop up as you access it.

That's all I have for today. Tomorrow will be figured out asap.
  • Aprilstar480
    Kim, its too early to worry about Easter candy... right now I need to avoid those precious little Girl Scouts! I can't pass by them:noway: Good thing the boxes are small and I have 6 people to help me eat them!

I'm still pluggin' away on my workouts but definitely don't have much for umph this week. I should be able to make it to the gym tomorrow morning for Core and Dance so that will help my numbers. I have one boy trying out for Little League and another one who made Championships for Basketball which are both tomorrow plus I have to work. It's gonna be a busy day for me!
  • nisijam5
    Hi - I just recorded my information for today and tomorrow so that you have the totals.

If tomorrow should change, then I will update it. I'm going to count my working which should be 5 miles and I count that as 75 minutes which I got authorization for....LOL

As Always, I will be short in the categories....
  • nisijam5
    I'm going to have to get my punishment in at work or right after....maybe, I'll wait until after so I don't split my scrubs doing burpees :noway: :laugh:

Oh, my time on the treadmill seemed better today....I kept the treadmill between 4.2 and 4.4. My heart rate was 88 to 90% which is pretty high for an old woman. I need to get this old ticker conditioned.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Wow Kim, you are doing awesome on the treadmill. I'm so impressed! I'm donating 30 mins of strength training to you this week to help you get to goal.

I'm sorry I don't have many minutes to donate this week, team, I'll do better next week.

Go team Carl!
  • Aprilstar480
    I will give:

30 Strength to Kat
    15 Cardio to Queen

Queen, will you donate 20 strength to Kat?

Zombie, can you spare 5 cardio to Queen?
  • Zombieinkpot
    Of course! Take 5 cardio from me.