Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Talking Dead: Team Carl

Replies

• Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Hey team, I hope you all had a good week.

I am away this weekend, so I won't get anything more done today.

I am donating 32 extra cardio minutes and 81 extra strength training minutes to Kat.

Have a great weekend, team. I can't believe the last episode is this Sunday. :sad:
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Thanks! I was doing good at the start of the week then I came down with a horrible cold. The type of cold that makes your entire body ache, dizzy, and I just felt like I was going to pass out. I'm starting to feel better though!
  • Zombieinkpot
    Oh no, Kat! Get better soon :flowerforyou:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,803 Member
    Sorry I 've been a little quiet lately. I've been focused on my trip to Vegas!

Queenbee are you still with us? I know you said you were gonna stick around but you haven't checked in. I will give you all my extra minutes if you need them.

I'm a little bummed that this challenge is ending. Hopefully next round our team will be able to stick together a little longer though. I can't wait to see the finale. You know, to be honest... when i signed up I had no interest in watching the show, I just wanted the challenge but now I'm kinda hooked:noway:
  • Zombieinkpot
    I'm glad you have become a Walking Dead fan Kasi! :drinker:

I'm really sad the challenge is coming to an end too. October seems a long time away, but I'm sure the time will pass quickly.

I hope you have a great time in Vegas! I'm not surprised you're concentrating on the trip! :happy:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    You'll all remember in Week 4, winning a new character. This week that paid off: Abraham, Rosita and Eugene were all involved in the tunnel massacre with Maggie, Sasha and Bob. At least a dozen zombies were killed by that group, so we will give everyone involved in the shoot out 2 points.

Character Points For Week 8

Team Rick: Winner from Week 4 who chose Abraham: 0 for Rick plus 3 for Abraham's kills (2 in tunnel, 1 in mini van)
    Team Daryl: 0
    Team Michonne: Second place week 4: 0 plus 2 for new player: Eugene or Rosita
    Team Carol:0
    Team Carl: Second place week 4: 0 plus 2 for new player Eugene or Rosita
    Team Glenn and Maggie: 8 (6 for Glenn plus 2 for Maggie)
    Team Tyreese and Sasha: Second place week 4: plus 2 for new player Eugene or Rosita
    Team Walker Horde: 0
    Team Beth:0
  • Zombieinkpot
    Excellent! Thanks, Cindy
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/20640-fit-n-trim-to-win-contest

I am starting a new contest that I would like team Carl & Cindy as well to check out if you are interested. You guys are awesome and maybe you would like to join. I really enjoyed the people in this contest.

I have been terrible about exercising since I was eliminated from my own contest and leaving this one. Please PM me if you would like to join.
  • Cindyinpg
    Leader board and recap have been posted. 
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1195194-weekly-leaderboard-and-most-valuable-players
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1238374-walking-dead-recap-season-4-episode-16-a

Tyreese and Sasha will be deciding the last punishment exercise of the season. 

Also remember this is the week to get your 2 points for doing a Fitspiration, the early bird challenge 4 was:

A big part of survival in the apocalypse will be teaching and inspiring others. In week 9, there will be bonus points (2) awarded to everyone who contributes a fitspo to the MFP Fitspiration thread.  

Part One: 
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1102508-mfp-fitspiration 
    Part Two: 
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1103771-mfp-fitspiration 
    Part Three: 
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1128928-mfp-fitspiration 

Part Four
    Add your fitspo here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1198808-mfp-fitspiration

If you haven't done a fitspo yet, think of what you've accomplished in the last 9 weeks and make one now to make 2 points for your team this week. Browse the 4 part thread for inspiration (you'll find plenty). As you can see, a fitspo is just a motivational quote on a picture. It can be a before and after picture, a picture of yourself dancing, a picture of the street you jog on, the park you walk through or of an obstacle you've had to fight past. As long as the quote and picture have inspired you, it will inspire others. Message your team captain when you have posted one or remind them that you have done so already. 
  • Aprilstar480
    Fitspo has been posted
  • Zombieinkpot
    We're 4th this week team! Yay! :drinker:

I can't believe it is the last week of the challenge. :sad: Thank you so much Cindy for organising it and running it so well. It was great fun. Team Carl rocks!

Kim - that contest sounds fun! I've pm'd you.

Kasi - I LOVE your fitspo! Beautiful photos and great quotes. Very inspirational :flowerforyou:
  • Cindyinpg
    Tyreese ad Sasha have decided that punishment should be 20 leg throws twice this week.

Here's a link
    youtube.com/watch?v=_WkbYH2V-3o
  • Cindyinpg
    We're 4th this week team! Yay! :drinker:

I can't believe it is the last week of the challenge. :sad: Thank you so much Cindy for organising it and running it so well. It was great fun. Team Carl rocks!

Kim - that contest sounds fun! I've pm'd you.

Kasi - I LOVE your fitspo! Beautiful photos and great quotes. Very inspirational :flowerforyou:
    Thanks! :flowerforyou: I'm glad you enjoyed it. We will be playing again in the fall and I hope everyone comes back, being that we're all still alive... and currently uneaten. :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Cindy, I agree your contest is one of the best out there. I also would like to come back next Fall although I might already be eaten.
  • Aprilstar480
    Alright my friends.... I'm heading out. I will send my info to Zombieinkspot on Friday or Saturday. Kim, I will try to check in with you then also for your challenge.

Its hard to find a good challenge that doesn't fizzle out half way through and holds you accountable. I really liked how this one also focused on team playing too. I think having the opportunity to help others pushed me to work harder. Good luck this week! Oooh, I might go to a Zombie Burlesque show in Vegas. I'll have to take pictures if I do... It looks like it could be fun!
  • Zombieinkpot
    142x3c7.jpg

Here is my fitspo!

Have a great time in Vegas, Kasi! The zombie burlesque sounds amazing! You HAVE to go and post photos :happy: :drinker:

Kat, how is your week going?

Bridget, are you still with us?
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    I love your fitspo! xD
  • Zombieinkpot
    Thanks Dazz :flowerforyou:
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Hey, I am doing alright. It has finally been nice out. It hit 50 degrees this week for the first time since at least November, which is awesome. I finally have gotten out for walks with this nice weather!
  • Zombieinkpot
    Kat - that's great. It is lovely when spring arrives and you can get outside again. I have some extra strength and cardio minutes if you would like them, and I'll probably end up with double the punishment exercises if you want those too.

As the challenge is almost over, I thought I'd review my goals from the start of the challenge
    My goal weight was 329lbs. My current weight is 338lbs, so I lost 21lbs and even though I didn't make my goal, I'm still thrilled.
    My goal body fat % was 76 and my body fat % this week was 72% so I've lost 6% body fat since the start of the challenge! Majorly happy with that.
    My goal waist was 50" and I nailed it. Lost 4".
    My goal hips was 65" and my hips are 63" so I lost 4".
    I wanted to be lifting 10lb dumbbells and this week I did all my strength training with 13lb dumbbells so yay!

Overall I am really really happy with my results. It is amazing looking back and seeing the difference.