6am fitness buddies

Options

Replies

• TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hi please can I join you. I have been getting up at 6am to do fit in 15 dvd. Really feel it working now after 2 weeks, never thought I would stick with it as I could hardly breathe after the first workout. Stopped smoking a year ago this month, can count on one hand how much I drink a year. Wish I could say the same about chocolate. What motivated me to get off my bum apart from the shock factor when I got on the scales, was realising I was eating 1700 calories a day in chocolate and crisps alone. Cut out the junk and with the help of MFP I have lost 8lb in 2 weeks.
    To keep me motivated I have bought a fitbit one, late birthday present and early mothers day present to myself.

Welcome to our little group within a group! and well done on your loss so far :smile:
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hour in the gym this morning. Won't be as early for the rest of this week or next week though as I've got a week and half off work :happy: but I'll be thinking of you all!!
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am still getting up early to take the dog out....was up at 5.30 this morning and out the door with him at 5.45 :smile:
  • de88s
    de88s Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thankyou. 6am dvd. Did the legs workout, its the one I don't like as there is sprinting on the spot, I can't run/sprint , it kills. Don't think I will ever be able to tackle Shred at this rate. I won't give in though.
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    45 minute metafit class this morning! :)
  • cbroadberry
    cbroadberry Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym last night the the OH instead of going in the morning. Will definatley be glad to get back tomorrow morning. It was so busy!! I did enjoy the lie in though ;-)
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    4am people!!! 4AM!!!!

I only do this because there is no one in the squat rack at this time! LMFAO :laugh:
  • de88s
    Options
    6am dvd. Half term next week so will set alarm for 7am and have an extra hour in bed.
  • spg71
    spg71 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Woo hooo another week done.

Even better, when i left the pool this morning, beautiful blue sky's a good day ahead.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    In on holiday and completely slacking off...see you Monday though, have a great weekend everyone!
  • de88s
    Options
    7am instead of 6am, first full day using fitbit .
  • CitizenMichael
    CitizenMichael Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Constant snoozer here, tried and failed last week to get up and go, will start on Monday

feel free anyone to send a request to become MFP buddies
  • de88s
    Options
    7am again, well it is Sunday. Half term next week, probably 7am instead of 6.
  • mbarrett1
    mbarrett1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I got up and got it done!! Fingers crossed I don't mess it up by eating crap throughout the day today.
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Up at 5.30am Monday, Wednesday and Friday to get to the gym for 6am when it opens.

FYI - Alarm actually goes off at 5am but need that half an hour snooze!
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Was at the gym for 6am this morning (struggled though!). Had a good hour session of 45mins weights and 15mins of plyometrics/calisthenics (burpees, mountain climbers, star jumps, high knees).
  • spg71
    Options
    Well not exactly 6am (day off work) so went to the pool around 0900 and dropped in my first 1 mile freestyle, so quite chuffed with that. I started around September last year and was going well and then got knocked off my bike which set me back to the start again after a cheese induced Christmas.
  • de88s
    Options
    Later than expected due to alarm still been set for 6am. Switched it of and went back to sleep. Did DVD about 9 oops. Alarm set for 7am tomorrow due to half term.
  • mbarrett1
    mbarrett1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Was up again at 5.30 this morning, in the 'gym' (also known as the spare room!) by 5.45am.
  • spg71
    Options
    Swim again this morning and the sun is shining