6am fitness buddies

Options

Replies

• cbroadberry
    cbroadberry Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. rubbish week last week with no gyming! back this week though, been monday and tuesday morning. Will go tomorrow if i can still walk haha!
  • mbarrett1
    mbarrett1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Grrrr, have pulled a muscle in my lower back lifting yesterday so I decided to sit it out this morning and set my alarm for a bit later. What happened? Woke up at 5.30am as normal!!! LOL

So I just laid there waiting for the alarm to go off at 6.15am!

Back does feel better today, but I just don't want to risk it. Will see how it feels tonight so hopefully I'll be back on it tomorrow.
  • spg71
    spg71 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Swim for me this morning, didnt feel like it one bit after another 5k run last night..

I seem to wake up naturally at 5 ish atm then the brain is busy for 15mins then when the alarm goes off at 6 i am in deep sleep again and cant wake up for 20mis, I really dont want to be up and walking about at 5am :(
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Second day of my new workout routine this morning. Went well. Today was 'push' day on the weights:
    Bench press
    Shoulder press
    Tricep extension
    Tricep pushdown
    Dips

Followed by an ab workout.

Shoulders are pretty sore now as you can imagine! Back to the gym tonight for kettlercise.

Apologies to you all but I will be going to the gym at 7am tomorrow!! Unfortunately I don't have a choice as the gym isn't open at 6am on Tuesday or Thursdays
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    6am run done.
    Looking forward to tomorrow being last of week
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Went to the gym at 7am this morning as planned (going away tomorrow so had to change my 6am Friday workout to today). Never again! I felt so rushed and wasn't able to do everything I had planned. Gym did seem quieter than when I go at 6am MWF which was strange...

Anyway, back to my normal schedule next week!
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Made it for 6.30 am today yaayy!! Have noticed the gym getting a bit quieter lately - think the post-Christmas rush may have eased off lol!
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    Yay, last early morning run of week done..so lovely that it's light when I go out now.
    Have a great weekend everyone!
  • spg71
    Options
    All done here as well, swim done another mile in the bag,
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Another one done :) So glad I didn't go the gym last Friday, apparently they had a fire alarm going off and they had to evacuate - just around the time that I would have been in the shower!!!
  • spg71
    Options
    Bag packed, breakfast made, alarm set.

Going to stomp it this week

p.s

Its amazing what some sunshine can do and being able to get back on the motorbike.
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    Morning, how was the weekend, are we all up and ready to be back at the early starts?

Run done, that's a quarter of my early morning done, feel better with that thought already!
  • spg71
    Options
    Swim done, looking forward to using the new teapot i bought for some green tea, life on the edge !!!!
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    Swim done, looking forward to using the new teapot i bought for some green tea, life on the edge !!!!

We are so rock and roll. :)

Bet most of us are in bed by 9.30 to cope with early starts.
    I have to be in work for seven tomorrow,and its a two mile walk there so no guarantee on the run.
  • MissB46
    MissB46 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    In my Gym the showers are constantly broke, so have been going in the evenings which is pretty crap as the place is heaving!

Apparently they do work but they are freezing cold - thats a bit too hardcore even for me...I just dont have enough time in the mornings to workout then go home and have a shower grrr!
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    5am run done :)
  • spg71
    Options
    Cycled to work, well cycled to the station got the train then cycled to work :)

Sod doing 25miles on a pushbike uphill at 6AM.
  • mbarrett1
    mbarrett1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well after my four days off last week due to my bad back I have been back on it again yesterday and today. Love it!!
  • spg71
    Options
    Swim this morning for morning.

Was damm hungry after as well for some reason.
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    Run done, one more to go, the weekend I'd in sight..... :)