6am fitness buddies

Options

Replies

• lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I'll be back on Monday....having some time out. :)

Keep up good work!
  • mbarrett1
    mbarrett1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Up again! another run completed.
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    6am can f**k right off!
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Hi guys - I'm in too! I'm up every week day at 5:50, so that I'm downstairs exercising at 6 :)

M/W/F I do ChaLEAN Extreme + a stretch, or a turbofire HIIT
    T/T/S I run on my treadmill followed by a stretch
    Sunday I could do nothing, or maybe a long stretch, or sometimes even a run!

"See" you all tomorrow morning.

Steph

P.s Friend me if you'd like - I always post my workout before I shower at 7am!
  • mbarrett1
    mbarrett1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Up again, strength training today. Can really feel it!
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Up at 5:50 - couldn't actually walk because of my sore calves, so collected all of hubby's cups from around the house, washed them up, had a quick foam roll and went back to bed :)
  • Mackenzie106
    Mackenzie106 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How early are you going to bed to achieve getting up at 6am? Are you napping during the day? I want to get up at 4am (!) to go to the gym before work (I start work at 6.30am) but I've only managed it a few times. Going in the afternoon or evening the gym is packed to the rafters. :( Would love to get into this up with the lark habit - please tell me your secrets!
  • spg71
    spg71 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    In bed by 22:30 read for a bit, alarm goes at 5:45 snooze tastic for 20mins and up and out.
  • spg71
    Options
    Another swim session done, such a nice feeling when your munching on breakfast after that the meal has cost you nothing in terms of calories. (That is of course if you have done enough exercise)
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    SMASHED my 6am workout today. Buzzing :D How did everyone else do today?
  • lamps1303
    Options
    How early are you going to bed to achieve getting up at 6am? Are you napping during the day? I want to get up at 4am (!) to go to the gym before work (I start work at 6.30am) but I've only managed it a few times. Going in the afternoon or evening the gym is packed to the rafters. :( Would love to get into this up with the lark habit - please tell me your secrets!

I get to the gym at 6am 3 x week (get up at 5.30am). Make sure you go to bed a reasonable time (I sound like my mum!!) and when your alarm goes off, don't give yourself an option - GET UP. The first time you avoid your early morning session you're setting yourself up for disaster - if you do it once, what's stopping you doing it again?! Put your gym clothes and shoes near your bed so it's the first thing you see when you wake up. Maybe even think about who your role model is in terms of having the body you're striving for - you won't get that body if you don't workout (and eat right!) It will soon become part of your routine. There is nothing wrong with an afternoon nap if that's what you need. Such a good feeling when you get to work knowing your workout is done for the day :smile:
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    SMASHED my 6am workout today. Buzzing :D How did everyone else do today?

I switched the kettle on for a cuppa at 6.15....

Back at it on Monday, honest! :)
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    Up and out for run before six....now back and having a cuppa.
  • spg71
    Options
    Welcome back :)

Great swim for me this morning, 30mins, should have done more as i had the time, but went for a sauna instead.
  • lamps1303
    Options
    In the gym at about 6.02am today (I know - I'm angry at myself for being late too!). Started a new regime today - going for full body weight training rather than a split route. Hopefully this will speed up the fat loss! Anyone else doing this? Got any good workouts to do 3 x a week? My plan at the moment is to do pull exercises on a Monday (e.g. straight leg deadlift, bicep curl, pullups, etc), push exercises on a Wednesday (e.g. dips, tricep extension, bench press, etc) and leg exercises on a Friday (e.g. squats, leg press, lunges, leg extension, etc). Will also do 4 ab exercises each time.
  • lamps1303
    Options
    Up and out for run before six....now back and having a cuppa.

Glad you stuck to your promise!! You deserve that cuppa. Enjoy x :drinker:
  • spg71
    Options
    The 5*5 is three sessions a week, think i will start this June once this bloody sprint triathlon is out of the way.
  • lamps1303
    Options
    The 5*5 is three sessions a week, think i will start this June once this bloody sprint triathlon is out of the way.

Heard a lot about 5x5 Stronglifts. My plan is to do 3 x 8-12 where I can complete at least 8 reps, but not complete more than 12. I will do this for about 4 weeks, then move to higher weights, doing 3 x 6-8, then moving on to 3 x 4-6. I will keep you updated on progress!
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    Morning, did same as yesterday....up and out by six.

I don't work Wed morn, so you won't be seeing me at six tomorrow!!

Till thurs, have a good one!
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Back on it after my week off work!! In the gym for 6.40, (will try harder to get there a bit earlier tomorrow) found it a struggle tbh, amazing how much harder it is after you have a break!!