30 Day Arm Challenge

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,793 Member
    DONE, twice. Not that it matters, some people can not count. :noway: :grumble: :laugh:

Shelley

bwhahaah! Well you could look at it like this...I count by 2's!! :laugh: :tongue:

Chris
  • cpanus
    Miss you, Chris! Hope all is well.

Johnny, if one set was easy on day one, and you doubled it on day 2, are you going to triple it today? That'd add up fast. Let's see, 31 times 12 would be... 372 pushups on the last day. Nice! (I bet Shelley already does that many daily!)

Well, I accidentally did 6 pushups, so I did 7 dips, and 12 mtn climbers - won't tell you how I counted, just suffice it to say I am NOT a weeny (tonight).

Must find an exercise video now. My arms hurt (probably from the Kelley Coffee-Meyers workout the other day. Hmmm, that sounds good...).

Sweet and dreamy!

Paula

I'm doing good today! Monday is a REST DAY for me. I had to shop and make soup for my lunches. I made a chicken chili and a chicken and bean soup that turned out really good. The chili I will test tomorrow because it has to rest for a day.

Did I mention that I am really sore from my last two days of KCM workouts? ow! :tongue: Oh, my Billy DVDs came today. I'll be doing KCM again tomorrow. I have to check out her next set of exercises on the DVD and get to Billy when I finish with Kelly. What fun!

I'm not sure how this week's going to turn out. I have a meeting Wed. night, so no workout...and a dentist appt. Thursday at 2:00. Don't know what's going to happen there, yet. Might just be talk...(we need a smiley w/prayer hands...just sayin') or it might be a skin graph. :noway: Hubby is going with me just in case.

Hope everyone had a great Monday and that Tuesday is much more fun!

Chris
  • cpanus
    Got the ARMS done to the power of three for both days!! Plus a whole bunch of steps!!

Hope Wednesday is great!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,760 Member
    Hey, is it just the three of us now? Chris, you and I are awesome. Maybe you're more awesome than me, but at least I did mine.

Shelley is off having dinner without us! :grumble: I'm not gonna say anything though. :noway: She deserves a night out! She's such a very good girl! :laugh:

Johnny's been no-show for a couple days. Did he check out the pretty girls and then split? Hope he's feeling okay, seriously, and not :sick: I'll have to creep over to his profile and see what he's up to. :wink:

Paula
  • PaulaKro
    Day 5: REST day!
  • cpanus
    Arms to the power of three!! Got it done before my meeting.

Have a great Thursday. Dentist for me tomorrow. :cry: :sad:

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,999 Member
    Paula that is so sweet. I would stop picking on you just for that. But I feel that might be more punishment than kindness. :bigsmile:

Chris I know how you feel about the dentist.. I will be thinking of you. Now I am off to twist Johnnys ear!

Shelley
  • cpanus
    REST DAY.

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Paula Johnny is still a no show! All caught up. Did two days worth. My feet are sore from all the hall walking I have been doing. :( Yes I am whining! :laugh:

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    Shelley, You're allowed to whine. I saw what kind of day you had. In fact you're allowed to swear if you want!

I posted that I missed Johnny (well, maybe it was more than that) on his newsfeed and heard back. Sounds like he may be watching us? Maybe if we say what a naughty boy he's been, he'll appear... Such a stinker. :devil:

Did my arms today. At the beginning I can do serious exercises, makes me feel like less of a wimp. They'll get more modified as the days go on.

Chris, maybe I'm getting challenges confused, but you seem to be taking a lot of rest days recently??? :grumble: No I take that back, you say you're going to take a rest day but then you do multiple workouts. Such a monster. Hope you dealt properly with the dentist. They need a firm hand.

Luv ya.
    Paula :yawn:
  • zumbaforever
    Paula Johnny is a stinker. You hear me Johnny? Get your butt in gear! :bigsmile:

Paula thanks so much. I love seeing how well everyone is doing. We may have to do a slightly varied form of these next month.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Hi there! Didn't get my challenges done because I walked with hubby and Bean for a really long time today. Much more fun than arm exercises! Plus...I took a nap. Strange dreams in the middle of the afternoon...wish I could count the exercises and steps I do in them!!! :laugh: Tomorrow I will be serious in the morning...get Bean late morning...walk some more and think of all my friends doing the same thing!

:heart: :heart: :heart: you all!!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    *boast* I did walks today AND exercises. And extra steps. And extra reps. And counted mountain climbers big-girl style (not weenie counts). *boast*

Have you seen Lishlash's avatar in the beginning of the Planks challenge? Any coincidence that she is friends with Johnny? He does seem to bring the flirt out in people, doesn't he.

I'll think of you when we're all walking this weekend.
    Luv you two.
    Paula
  • JohnnyResets
    JohnnyResets Posts: 177 Member
    Lucky day 5 was a rest day! I've been such a slacker, today I've done day 3,4,6,7,8 as a 5 set exercise.... I will be much better at trying to stay on schedule from here on out! Lol! :wink:
  • zumbaforever
    *boast* I did walks today AND exercises. And extra steps. And extra reps. And counted mountain climbers big-girl style (not weenie counts). *boast*

Have you seen Lishlash's avatar in the beginning of the Planks challenge? Any coincidence that she is friends with Johnny? He does seem to bring the flirt out in people, doesn't he.

I'll think of you when we're all walking this weekend.
    Luv you two.
    Paula

That is fantastic Paula. Welcome to the "Big" girls club. :laugh: Glad you got so much done. Now look below you and see who snuck in! :laugh:

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Lucky day 5 was a rest day! I've been such a slacker, today I've done day 3,4,6,7,8 as a 5 set exercise.... I will be much better at trying to stay on schedule from here on out! Lol! :wink:

That will teach you to invite me to come play and then you do not show up for a week. :laugh: Hurts so good. :sad: :bigsmile:

I got everything done early today. And walked the boys after doing an extra 45 minutes Atletica DVD. She did squats, burpees and pushups also. :P

Shelley
  • JohnnyResets
    THanks for your.... ummm,,, support... now pass the Aleve :bigsmile::wink:
  • JohnnyResets
    Paula, it's not my fault... :bigsmile:
  • PaulaKro
    You sure, John? I've heard stories... :laugh:
  • JohnnyResets
    You sure, John? I've heard stories... :laugh:

Aww now Paula, I'd raise my arms in protest but after all of this makeup exercise, I must acquiesce :laugh:
  • zumbaforever

No Aleve for you. Here have a bag of ice. :huh: It should work better.

Paula get him to raise them arms! :laugh:

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    I'd try, Shelley, but don't want to mess up his suit! (Wasn't it nice of him to dress up?) Besides, he finished all his spanks, I mean planks!

I thought I was on the arms challenge thread when I promised to do three sets. So I had to do three sets of Planks and Arms. :cry:

But now Day 8 is DONE!
    - 8 wall pushups on tiptoes x 3
    - 8 tricep dips x 3 (1 with legs out straight)
    - 10 mountain climbers x 3 (or 20 x 3 depending how you count)

Why are mountain climbers included in an arms challenge? Why not windmills or circles, etc.? Just curious... :huh:

I'm going to go outside and share the nasty California weather with Chris and Chuck.

:heart: :drinker: :heart:
    Paula
  • cpanus
    Cool new pic, Paula! Congrats! Very nice! Also, I couldn't figure out why you did 3X45 seconds on the plank challenge...now I know!

I'm sorry Johnny, but according to someone here...there's no whining on this adventure. Buck up fella, and keep up with us girls!

Shelley, I love your flowers. Pretty!

Arms done times 3! We had Bean for a fun walk this afternoon and our daughter came over for a while.

A good Saturday!

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Paula I am not really sure. I must investigate why they are. I know I like them. That must be it! :laugh:

Everything I have found so far says it is a core, leg and endurance exercise. I think it is more secondary for your shoulders and back. Shoulders are part of arms! I suppose you could substitute burpees for them! :bigsmile: :smokin:

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    I suppose you could substitute burpees for them! :bigsmile: :smokin: Shelley
    SNORT! Yeah, you would say that, wouldn't you! :noway: The mountain climbers are hard enough - no burpees! And No. "Because Shelley likes them" is not a good reason to include them. (Or we'd have burpees in everything! Yikes! Or to quote Chris, "Egad!")

Johnny, You see how I'm trying to be nice to you and these girls just won't let me? When you signed up, did you know this challenge included both arms and ribbing! (It's good for the soul.) :laugh:

Chris, The picture was just for you. You said our squats/pushups reward was a new workout outfit. Ta da! :drinker: Unfortunately, I locked myself out on the deck yesterday and had to climb back in through the kitty apartment (a large cage attached to an open window). Which was full of soaked bedding. Now I know why they weren't going out in it. (And as I hung my pants up to dry, I realized one should always have a spare pair.)

Finished Day 9 Arms today - DONE
    Only one set. The mountain climbers are still modified (I'll work on form later). But did dips with straight legs. And 42" wall pushups, which are hard. Are you supposed to feel your stomach muscles during pushups? Not a bad feeling, just new. New is always mystically strange.

Must go punch something now.

:heart: :drinker: :heart: my friends.
    Paula
  • JohnnyResets
    3 sets of day 9... woo hoo!!!
  • JohnnyResets

No Aleve for you. Here have a bag of ice. :huh: It should work better.

Paula get him to raise them arms! :laugh:

Shelley

Woo Shelley you are the toughest ever! :laugh:
  • zumbaforever
    Paula your core engages in push-ups. So yes, you should feel them now that you are further from the wall. What a great discovery for you. :) I am hoping you did not ruin your new pants. A cat window. How wonderful. :)

And Johnny, here have some Aleve you earned it.

Well after yesterday's Atletica workout I am sore. So I skipped this today. :bigsmile:

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Resting your arms are you, Shelley? I 'spose I could rest the lower part of my body because it is so sore from Tae Bo leg exercises for two days:sad: ...however, I did get the arms challenge completed today. :bigsmile: Tomorrow is my REST DAY, so see you all Tuesday! :drinker:

Have a great Monday.

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Resting your arms are you, Shelley? I 'spose I could rest the lower part of my body because it is so sore from Tae Bo leg exercises for two days:sad: ...however, I did get the arms challenge completed today. :bigsmile: Tomorrow is my REST DAY, so see you all Tuesday! :drinker:

Have a great Monday.

Chris

I am still sore Chris! This is really killing me. All I did was walk today. And sweated. So off to take some Aleve and ice.

Shelley