30 Day Arm Challenge

Replies

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,760 Member
    Day 10 Done. Normal dips, wall pushups and modified mountain climbers.

Hope everyone is rested and feeling better soon. :flowerforyou:

Paula
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Paula,

Glad to see you here. I thought you had taken the day off.

Chuck
  • PaulaKro
    Are you doing Arms Chuck?

I like this one, it's the easiest for me. Plus my arms really appreciate the help. Yep, I'm here. Having errands after work always has me running late. I may be the only one though. Chris is taking a restie; Shelley's legs died; and Johnny seems to be MIA. (Busy boy :smile: We appreciate what little bits we get.)

Thanks for wondering. :smile:
    Paula
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,793 Member
    I'm back and did our arm challenge time 3!! Plus 1,200 extra steps! walked with husband and Bean for an hour. A good day!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Day 11, Check. Only one set though. :blushing: And no extra steps... Nice day, though.

Paula
  • cpanus
    Day 12...Got it done times 3 with extra steps. I took the day off work so I had to do extra, extra steps. Played outside in the hose with Bean this afternoon! He loves the hose!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    I did day 13 today. Strangely day 13 has less than day 11.

Bet Bean looks funny - does he try to eat the stream of water?

Walked at work today, extra steps at home. Gorgeous day!

Paula
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,999 Member
    Chris I bet Paula is right. Bean was sure to be having fun. :) I got this done yesterday. I just did not post! :blushing:

Today I did not get it done. :laugh: I had good intentions. Got in a fast walk this morning. Then came home and the brown eyes were pulling me in. :laugh: The boys just jumped all over me. So I gave in and we jumped into the adventure Mobil and sped off to puppy park. We had a blast. They made a couple new friends. Visited old friends. And then it was back home for dinner. I will do double time tomorrow.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Yesterday was a REST DAY but I did it anyway, so I took today off! We took Bean walking, and that's all I did!

Hope you all have a great Friday!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Yesterday was a REST DAY but I did it anyway, so I took today off! We took Bean walking, and that's all I did!

Chris
    Yay, Chris! My Hero!

REST day it is!

Paula
  • cpanus

Chris
    Yay, Chris! My Hero!

REST day it is!

Paula

It's the only way to play Thursdays!!! :drinker:

Chris:smokin:
  • zumbaforever
    Got it done today. I hope you all had a great rest day yesterday. We walked the boys tonight. It was great.

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    Day 14 done. Don't have a dog to walk, but did run into the neighbor (He's grown up now - I remember when he used to throw wild parties when his parents were gone. He'd invite us - smart kid.) and his girlfriend. They have a ten month old Shibu Inu - so gorgeous! So no dog of my own, but got to play with his. :happy:

Did deep dips with legs mostly out and an unsolicited "ay-yi-yi-yi-yi" came out with my last breath.

Hey Chris? I'd miss you but it's still early! :tongue:

Paula
  • cpanus
    We had Bean over and went for a long walk then I found out our daughter was all by herself...b'friend had to work late...so I took her shopping instead of working out! I'm pretty sure I had the most fun today! :love:

Will be doing double duty tomorrow. :bigsmile:

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Well finished Day 15 with straight legged dips, and hard wall pushups. Still have to do a shuffle-type of mountain climber. The jump is beyond my abilities. :cry:

Chris, I was doing a Kelly Coffey-Meyers workout last night and wanted to tell you that she counted on both the right and the left leg. So Shelley has tricked me into doing double mountain climbers by counting on only the left! :grumble:

Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Well finished Day 15 with straight legged dips, and hard wall pushups. Still have to do a shuffle-type of mountain climber. The jump is beyond my abilities. :cry:

Chris, I was doing a Kelly Coffey-Meyers workout last night and wanted to tell you that she counted on both the right and the left leg. So Shelley has tricked me into doing double mountain climbers by counting on only the left! :grumble:

Paula

Kelly can not count! I would never trick you Paula. But you can never do to many mountain climbers. :smokin: And I am sure you will forgive me when you get all your new toys! :flowerforyou: I found a really challenging DVD last night. And it was on sale for $29.00. So I looked around for a better price. No go. That thing was spendy! :grumble: And it was the last one this store had. At least it was eligible for free shipping! :smokin:

Now you and I have alot of DVD workouts to do. :laugh: I am going to do each and every one no less that 3 times. And I am going to try to get in at least 5 workouts every week. :drinker: That kettle bell one I will have to do at least 6 times to pay for itself.

And I still say I am counting correctly. :love:

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Paula...Thank the exercise gods for KCM!! You have no idea how guilty I was feeling each time I finished my mtn. climbers...:noway: and she gets lots of money for her counting!!

Shelley...what is your new DVD?

Had time with my daughter again today...husband had Bean...then we had Bean and we went for a long walk. We get Bean for a puppy sleep over tonight!!

I got our arm challenge done times three plus 500 steps between each exercise....Got kinda a late start this morning...did not wake up until 11:30!!!! :huh: I've never done that! :blushing: So here I am at 10:00 p.m. eating my dinner and wide awake...just finished my exercises. I better set my alarm for 7:00 tomorrow morning!

See you all then.

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Got kinda a late start this morning...did not wake up until 11:30!!!! :huh: I've never done that! :blushing: So here I am at 10:00 p.m. eating my dinner and wide awake...just finished my exercises. I better set my alarm for 7:00 tomorrow morning!

See you all then.

Chris
    Or you could be like me and revert to night owl every weekend and die every Monday morning. :laugh: "Embrace the night" my body says! And I succumb. :ohwell:

Nice to see someone else awake with me. :love:

Paula
  • cpanus
    Years ago, I used to write when everyone was in bed asleep. I would write until 3:00 in the morning. After a while, it got so I could only write at night, and if they were gone and the house was empty...I couldn't write at all. Funny. That was a long time ago...a lifetime ago. Now I get up at 3:30 to go to work! Which isn't funny!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    You are stronger than me, Chris. 3:30 :noway:

I got up around 7 this morning and caught up with all my fitfam. Just finished Day 16 Arms. The dips felt good, so did a dozen. Pushed the wall pushups back to where they hurt. Almost did real mountain climbers, and 15 on each leg, which I'm counting as 30! :bigsmile:

See you later my friends. :flowerforyou:

Paula
  • cpanus
    Paula - Excellent job on your workout! :flowerforyou:

We had Bean for a puppy sleep-over and ended up taking him over to the school twice. Once around 2:00, and it was way too hot for him. We went back around 6:30, which was perfect! the breeze kicked up; it was really nice. He loved the second trip! It totaled 4.19 miles, and that was all I did today. I had lunch with two friends which took up my mid-morning and early afternoon.

Tomorrow is my REST DAY. I will switch my non-workout day today (I did manage 13,700 steps, tho) for tomorrow's REST DAY if I can. I have some things I must do. I don't know how long it will take.

Chris
  • cpanus
    Got it done X3...plus an extra 900 steps!

Hope everyone is having fun!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Very confused. Was thinking today was Day 18 and that I'd missed only yesterday. So I did Day 17 and 18 today. But somehow it got to be the 19th already. Ah well, Day 19 is a rest day. So done and done!. :smile:

Having too much fun. Exhausted! :laugh:

Looks like we may be it, Chris. :tongue:

Paula
  • cpanus
    The 19th WAS a REST DAY!!! I had the exercises for Tues. the 18th written down but didn't get them done, so I just erased TUES and wrote WED...bwahahah! :laugh: had to do them anyway to catch up! :huh:

Back this afternoon.

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    I am so bad. I can hardly keep up with posting these days. I got some done today. But I realized that I will have to just catch up Saturday! I am glad you two are hanging in here with me.

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    You're as bad as Johnny, Shelley! :laugh: No that's not how I feel. If you're not here, it means your busy. I just hope you're okay when you aren't on the boards. Get used to seeing you a lot, but realize how much work it is. Sorry.

I'm going to get Day 20 done. Only doing Planks and Arms tonight. Have a packed week. Going to play with DVDs this weekend. :smile:

Chris, I totally lost a day this week and don't even know which one. But I made up days and think I only took one rest day... :wink:

Best to you both! :flowerforyou:
    Paula
  • cpanus
    I was going to get a lot done Fri Sat and Sun, but I've been sidelined by my dentist until Monday. Had surgery this afternoon and she doesn't want my heart rate up at all...not even supposed to bend over. Not even supposed to be walking, but I would go crazy for sure. Did a stroll w/husband and Bean this evening. My 14.30 minutes per mile walking has turned into a 45 minutes per mile today! Egad! that's so painful to say!!! So, it's very doubtful that I'll make my goal, but I'm going to try ad get as close as I can.

Face is swollen, going in search of an ice pack. Back later.

Chris
  • cpanus
    Can't do planks until Monday...doctors orders. :grumble: I did however walk a total of 10.36 miles and a total of 20,286 steps. :bigsmile:

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Can't do planks until Monday...doctors orders. :grumble: I did however walk a total of 10.36 miles and a total of 20,286 steps. :bigsmile:

Chris

Such an awesome spirit!

Paula that Johnny is being bad! :) All caught up. Tomorrow I will be doing a new DVD. Now which should I do! Lol. So have you done some yet? Tell me about them.

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    Did Day 22 and caught up Day 21 today.

Also walked the neighbor's foster lab. (Or you might say she walked me, strong girl!) Jealous of all my friends going on walks with their dogs, so I borrowed Ginger. (Marty was feeling poorly, so it was good timing.) Went around the block and it went by so fast. Thought maybe the tow was speeding me up. But no, still 45 minutes. Just flew by with company. Nice...

Have been missing days and catching up this week, so off schedule. And cooking for a potluck put me into a carb-craving. Was feeling really off course and worried. Then today, with help (:heart:) got back on track. Whew!

Also started trying my new DVD's. Did 15 minutes of Cath-e combining weights and calisthenics and really liked it. Just my type!

Hope everyone else is as blessed!

Paula