Today I'm proud of myself for....

Options
WillLift4Tats
WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
Sometimes it can be difficult to see the good through all of the bad. We are so quick to point out what we've done wrong, what we need to fix, how "bad" we were. Our own self-talk is very powerful. Yet we are more apt to point out our flaws and focus on the negative than finding the positive! Let's be honest, there are SO many more positives in our lives than negatives. But if all you hear is the negative, it can seem like everything .

Let's take a chance in the other direction. Let's find out just how much further we can go by being positive instead of negative.

In this thread, post something you've done today that you're proud of. Did you manage to get in that 20 min workout? Achieved a new PR in your lifts? Maybe you found a new hobby you enjoy? Or moderated a food you may have binged on in the past? Anything. Food related, fitness related, LIFE related; it doesn't matter. The point is to be proud of your accomplishments, be they big or small. The point is to remember that you do great things every day. The point is to find the positive .

The only rule here: no negative talk! Ready? Say it with me now ......

"Today I'm proud of myself for ___________".

Replies

• WillLift4Tats
    Options
    I'll start.

Today I'm proud of myself for adapting and moderating very well last night. I had pre-planned my evening snack, but when my husband handed me a glass of wine and let's just say "another" snack, I panicked for a second. Usually, this snack would turn into...more. Instead of letting this derail me like it may have in the past, I logged the new snacks, enjoyed them, and stopped. I not only adapted to the situation, but moderated the new snack very well and still stayed within my goal. And for that,

I am proud!
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that I stopped mid-binge earlier today - literally pulled the food out of my mouth and put it down the garbage disposal!
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    I'm proud that I stopped mid-binge earlier today - literally pulled the food out of my mouth and put it down the garbage disposal!

Wow, what a victory!!
  • MadDogManor
    Options
    Thanks! And today I'm proud I put on exercise gear and did a c25k run outside for 45 min :-) I'm slowly stopping this most recent binge cycle :-)
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for choosing three different healthy choices at staff meeting rather than the one "decadent" choice. All for the same amount of calories too!
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Thanks! And today I'm proud I put on exercise gear and did a c25k run outside for 45 min :-) I'm slowly stopping this most recent binge cycle :-)

Small victories can make big changes :) Great workout!
  • kerrid72
    kerrid72 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for not stopping at the quick stop for the Dr Pepper and Breakfast pizza that blows my whole day. I made breakfast burritos at home for me & my girls then had a crystal light with it. Sounds like an easy thing to not stop but it hasn't gotten to be such a habit that I go even when I'm not hunger.
    YAY ME! LOL
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for not stopping at the quick stop for the Dr Pepper and Breakfast pizza that blows my whole day. I made breakfast burritos at home for me & my girls then had a crystal light with it. Sounds like an easy thing to not stop but it hasn't gotten to be such a habit that I go even when I'm not hunger.
    YAY ME! LOL

I think it might sound easy to outsiders, but I totally know what you mean. Breaking a habit is TOUGH! Awesome victory :)

Oh and homemade breakfast burritos :love:
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for spending an hour and a half at the gym when I really didn't want to go.

60 minutes of mixed cardio.

30 minutes of strength: arms.

Yay for all of us and our victories! Keep winning small battles every day and soon enough you'll win the war!
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for spending an hour and a half at the gym when I really didn't want to go.

60 minutes of mixed cardio.

30 minutes of strength: arms.

Yay for all of us and our victories! Keep winning small battles every day and soon enough you'll win the war!

Killer workout! :)
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for persevering. Sometimes the victory is in pushing forward despite setbacks. I will prevail.
  • MadDogManor
    Options
    Great thread, and great victories! Today I pre-logged my Mardi Gras party food and beer, and I've already worked out, so I'm ready for some fun :-) And if I eat more and go over, I'm not going to stress over it!!
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Great thread, and great victories! Today I pre-logged my Mardi Gras party food and beer, and I've already worked out, so I'm ready for some fun :-) And if I eat more and go over, I'm not going to stress over it!!

Nice! How was the party??
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for sticking to my goals yesterday. I ate sensibly, stopped when full, and even did a little pj dance party in my living room to hit my Fitbit goal :)
  • MadDogManor
    Options
    Ha - party was fun! I didn't overeat or drink too much :-) I did get called into work unexpectedly the next day, oh well

Today I'm proud that I went to bed early instead of grazing thru the pantry. That's one of my things - prowling about the kitchen like the food's going to get up and go away.

Nice dancing :-D
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Great victory MadDog!

Today I'm proud of myself for choosing fresh fruits for my morning snack :)

Edit to say: Proud, but disappointed. I hate when fruit has that "watered down" taste. I buy local so I guess I'm used to strawberries that taste like strawberries. Apples that taste like apples. My snack was from a fruit tray from Jason's Deli and good grief, the apples and strawberries pretty much tasted the same, which is to say, NOTHING. Like crunchy water with a hint of fruit flavor. Ugh. At least the grapes were still pretty tasty.

Okay. Rant over. :embarassed:
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    For not eating a bag of candies I even went so far as to take to my room to eat in private. I left the bag up there and didn't touch one piece.
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    That's a great win walkdmc!

Today I'm proud of myself for saying no to a second beer last night. It helped me stay exactly at my goal and while it has hard in the moment with everyone ordering a 2nd round, no one seemed to notice and I still had just as much fun :)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I've got a sweet tooth that rears its ugly head at times of stress ........ yesterday I had a dentist appt & let me tell you, I hate dentists (no offense & nothing personal) ........ my plan was if I got through the appt without having a panic attack, I'd stop at the local bakery for lemon bars or red velvet cupcakes. Well, made it through the appt, then drove to the bakery ...... but instead of going in, I turned the car around and drove to the gym & worked out for an hour.

Have a great day, y'all :drinker:
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Verptwerp, what a huge success! I bet those endorphins felt a heck of a lot better than a sugar high! Great job :)