Today I'm proud of myself for....

Options

Replies

• kriskris92
    kriskris92 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for allowing myself a treat at work when my coworkers wanted to splurge and being able to savour it and feel satisfied after it instead of running back for more.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, this is now a stickie! Thanks Molly!!

Today I'm proud of myself for measuring and eating only 1 serving of my binge trigger foods. I'm happy to be making small steps to healthy moderation :)
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    ....following a "no fast food for a month" challenge, trying to give up pizza (a huge binge trigger for me), and I've only had one night of pizza binge so far this month!! Still going strong so far
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Pizza is a tough one, great job with your challenge!

Today I'm proud of myself for dedicating myself so fully to a new challenge. I've stuck to my goals and honestly feel a lot prouder and better about myself than I have in a while. I can't wait to start seeing some physical changes and rewards for this hard work.
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Proud Of: Had a very good day yesterday. 1 day after taking a running day off, and having a HORRIFIC binge attack, I had a very good diet day and a strong 8.5 mile run. My wife road her newly purchased bike alongside to keep me company. I hit 2000 calories and 40 grams of fat for the day. Keep in mind, my daily fat intake over the past couple months has been typically under 20 grams. And this has caused health problems and possibly might be behind some concerning results on some recent blood-work.
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Proud of myself for starting the day with a healthy, sugar free breakfast, and saying "no thank you" when me and hubby went for a walk and he asked me if I wanted a croissant.. :flowerforyou:
  • ibleedunionblue
    Options
    Took family out to eat for dinner. I had already nearly expended calories. While they had meal & ice cream, I had coffee and apples. Didnt cave in even though ice cream was merely a few feet away.
  • ibleedunionblue
    Options
    I've also had 3 really good days since my last binge. Hit calories. Was in ballpark for macros. Very pleased. Just need to get through this day, 1 day at a time looking forward, but its always confidence building to be able to look backwards at several consecutive and consistent good days!
  • ibleedunionblue
    Options
    There is Ice Cream & Strawberry pie in the house. I've had 1 spoonful of ice cream, and 1 bite of the pie. I did not binge. Ice Cream is my biggest weakness.
  • runningcat76
    Options
    great job on the ice cream... i would really struggle with one bite!!
  • ibleedunionblue
    Options
    Today I met with a psychologist / counselor to discuss eating habits. In the hour long discussion, we discussed binging & restrictive eating. We also discussed the compulsion to sustain every pound lost, even though at my current weight, I would be considered too light. And we discussed fear / safe foods, and the overall health effects of a diet heavy in veggies and oatmeal. She wants to continue to meet with me, and I am leaning towards doing that.
  • kriskris92
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for making my breakfast at home and bringing it with me to eat at work even though I was running late instead of stopping at the caf at work to get some pastry or something that would have set me off on the wrong foot for the day.

I'm also proud for seeking out someone with experience in successfully working to overcome binge eating habits. I know it won't be a quick fix, but I feel better about everything already after working with her for only a couple weeks, so I'm hopeful for what the next couple months might bring.
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    That's great Ibleedunionblue!
    And great job to you Kriskris!
    Sounds like you both are on a path to healthy living :)

Today I'm proud of myself for sticking to my scheduled workouts AND sticking to my scheduled social meetup where I fit a mini-pitcher into my day very nicely. It feels so great when I can fit work and play into my goals, and I need to remember that all it takes is a little planning. Today I ordered 2, not 3 tacos from my favorite breakfast stop and I will fit them into my day just like the mini-pitcher yesterday. :)
  • ibleedunionblue
    Options
    Got away from it all for a couple days. Didnt weigh self, ran a marathon, took a Niagara Falls vacation. Didnt binge on vacation.
  • ibleedunionblue
    Options
    This mornings weigh-in : I was up 1.4 pounds, even though I ate at a deficit yesterday, and my sodium levels were well under. I haven't panicked, and I have restricted. I will try to live with this today.
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I went to a Memorial Day BBQ and overate (not proud of this). But the thing I am proud of is that I got right back on track the next day. I did not do my usual thing of beating myself up because I blew it at the BBQ, then proceeding to get so down in the dumps that I binge for the next several weeks, thereby undoing any progress I had made.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I had my first non-binge day of over a week yesterday. I'd been derailing for the past few weeks, but yesterday was wonderful. Please excuse this, but I'm going to name all the trigger foods that are currently in my house that I managed to avoid and am currently not craving in the slightest - 2 cakes, 1 pie, 2 containers of ice cream, 3 boxes of popsicles, 3 boxes gourmet chocolate, 1 loaf banana bread. I'd done a good job of keeping those things out of the house for ages, and when they started creeping back in, I was strong enough for everything to be fine. When I derailed recently, I had quite the pile of goodies to latch onto. But now, I'm not phased.
  • kriskris92
    Options
    Today, I'm proud of myself for allowing myself a higher calorie treat guilt-free in the evening by adjusting my dinner plan. Craving gone and still within my goals for the day :)
  • ibleedunionblue
    Options
    Its 9 pm and I feel a strong urge to binge on cereal. Right now I feel very low on energy, a general lack of strength. I need to be careful, but I am recognizing a background symptom that triggers binges.
  • kriskris92
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for eating two of my trigger foods without bingeing.