Today I'm proud of myself for....

Options

Replies

• crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was the third day in a row that I didn't binge. I am absolutely elated. It'd felt like so long since I'd had control for that long. Today will be the fourth day. :flowerforyou:
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself because.... I ran a 14:50 minute mile (which is good for me) since I am only newly back to being a 'newbie' jogger/runner anyhow! :laugh:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    not stopping at a fast food restaurant for a quick dinner. I went home and prepared a nice nutritious dinner.
  • crepes_
    Options
    I had one slice of pizza yesterday. One! I normally eat a full pie if I'm alone, and at least 2 slices if other people are around. Instead, I ate a single slice to satisfy my hunger and then walked away.
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself for losing 1kg after a week despite the 2 days in a row binge :) I guess I burned those from the rest of the days I was under my calorie intake. So I am really quite relieved I got back on track right away and not stretch my bad days into weeks.
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I am proud of myself for not bingeing despite eating a trigger food (bread) and having 3/4 of the cassava cake in the fridge for me to consume (We already consumed the 1/4 --yeah shared it with housemates)..
  • Welshgem84
    Welshgem84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself as after being told I was useless by my manager I stayed in work and did not going to the shop to buy my binge foods or cigarettes and now I have worked through the urge!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Welsh, that's a great success. What a douchenozzle of a manager! I'm so sorry you have to deal with that.

Today I'm proud of myself for staying good on my commitment to ride my bike to work, despite the 98% humidity this morning :sick:
  • crepes_
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself as after being told I was useless by my manager I stayed in work and did not going to the shop to buy my binge foods or cigarettes and now I have worked through the urge!

People usually accuse others of what they're actually guilty of. That's some heavy projection right there. Your manager clearly has their own issues, so good on you for not letting that get to you.

Today I'm proud of myself for packing a haphazard lunch with bits and pieces of what was leftover in the fridge instead of going out for fried chicken. Much lower calorie this way!
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Excellent wins here!

Today I'm proud of myself for not freaking out too much about gaining 5 freaking pounds on vacation. I don't know what happened - I didn't binge at all, exercised (swam and snorkeled all day) and tried to eat healthy and not drink too much beer, and I drank tons of water. My hubs lost 4 lbs, my daughter lost weight, and I gain :-( But, I will not let that throw me off - I'm just going to try to go lower cal (which I should do anyways, I just hate being hungry all the time).
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    ....not going to my favorite fried chicken joint for $3.49 special! Yeah!:flowerforyou:

Good job everyone! Lets keep pushing and focus on the positives. Sending you all positive vibes!:heart::flowerforyou:
  • crepes_
    Options
    I went to a Mongolian BBQ place that was All You Can Eat. I did not take it as a personal challenge. I had one bowl of veggies and meats, the soup, and one dumpling.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Way to go ya'll! Small wins are our stepping stones to recovery. I'm so proud of everyone :)

Today I'm proud of myself for recognizing my want to eat and not my actual hunger for food. I CAN wait until I'm actually hungry and DON'T have to snack just to pass time or because I'm bored.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I went to a Mongolian BBQ place that was All You Can Eat. I did not take it as a personal challenge. I had one bowl of veggies and meats, the soup, and one dumpling.
    Good job! I struggle with Buffets and all you can eats too. As a matter of fact it is very rare I go to them. If I can swing it I try to get friends to change restaurants and I never suggest them for me because I know my problem with these type of settings. Keep up the good work!
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself for joining this support group.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Welcome GFreg!

....for making it home with getting any fast food and no binge.

Weekends are hard and I usually fight the urge to buy FF and/or binge. I put my wallet in trunk of my car and this usually works because I am not going to get out the car.

Be strong and keep pushing!:flowerforyou:
  • GFreg
    Options
    Welcome GFreg!

....for making it home with getting any fast food and no binge.

Weekends are hard and I usually fight the urge to buy FF and/or binge. I put my wallet in trunk of my car and this usually works because I am not going to get out the car.

Be strong and keep pushing!:flowerforyou:

Thanks! Good job avoiding the fast food and binge!

Today I am proud of myself for going for a walk rather than having my late night binge.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Awesome job GFreg!! Taking a walk helps distress too.

...........whole weekend no binge and no fast foods. A friend even offered to buy me some when she went thru drive thru and resisted! Whoohooo!! I am really trying to keep the no fast food going because eating fast foods is a trigger for me to binge at times because it makes me want more.

There are studies that indicated FF is addictive and I for one believe it is the case for me weather it is true or not. :tongue: :grumble:
  • GFreg
    Options
    Awesome job GFreg!! Taking a walk helps distress too.

...........whole weekend no binge and no fast foods. A friend even offered to buy me some when she went thru drive thru and resisted! Whoohooo!! I am really trying to keep the no fast food going because eating fast foods is a trigger for me to binge at times because it makes me want more.

There are studies that indicated FF is addictive and I for one believe it is the case for me weather it is true or not. :tongue: :grumble:

The weekend is always harder for me because usually it is a lot less structured. You should be very happy about that.
  • crepes_
    Options
    Yesterday, I binged. I shut off my brain and binged hard. Not even things I liked. I don't know what I was thinking, because I had already agreed to go to an hour long cardio class with someone. I still went. I may have felt like puking half the time, but I went and I did my exercise. I definitely didn't negate what I did to myself, but it made me feel accomplished and want to improve myself again. I'm proud of myself for going through with my original exercise plans and not letting a binge get me down.