Today I'm proud of myself for....

Options

Replies

• bandomn88
    bandomn88 Posts: 4
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for my second straight grain-free day. I'm watching food labels like a hawk. I'm type 2 diabetic and went most of the day without my short-term insulin shots. It works!:blushing: javascript:add_smiley('blushing','post_body')
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of myself for still working on loving myself and not putting myself down. If I catch myself I immediately correct it. It's been going well. I feel so much better and actually ok with myself. And wouldn't you know it, the obsession with food and weight seems to be much less.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Welcome Boland! We certainly understand the joy that comes from conquering that binge, and we celebrate with you :)

Happy Anniversary Rebamae! Hope ya'll had a lovely day. And congrats on being binge-free!

Andy, great work! It must feel great to take control of your diabetes.

Today I'm proud of myself for making an effort. Looking better leads to feeling better, leads to wanting to treat my body better. That's the hope anyways. I am constantly battling the ugly cycle of self-hate and I am constantly trying to beat it!
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    I'm proud of myself for still working on loving myself and not putting myself down. If I catch myself I immediately correct it. It's been going well. I feel so much better and actually ok with myself. And wouldn't you know it, the obsession with food and weight seems to be much less.

I love this! This is something we all should strive for. Congrats :)
  • BolandSouthPark
    BolandSouthPark Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks, WillLift4Tats - glad to be here and celebrate in everyone's successes it is definitely motivating!!

Today, I'm proud of myself for skipping the tasty appetizers that were placed in front of me last night before dinner and pushing myself to go for a walk at a time during the day when I would normally be in my lazy mode. I even dragged my husband along with me :)
  • Dennis4766
    Dennis4766 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    > 1 week since my last binge!
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Woohoo! Yay Dennis!

Good for you Boland! That's one thing I'd like to get in the habit of - evening walks :)

Today I'm proud of myself for being mindful. I hope to keep mindful into the weekend, but if not, I will be kind to myself.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for only buying skittles, instead of the skittles, pretzels and cola that I really wanted LOL
  • BolandSouthPark
    Options
    Congrats MadDogManor!

Good for you WillLift4Tats; fingers crossed for you and me this weekend! :)

I'm proud I didn't binge yesterday, I found myself standing in front of my open fridge a couple of times yesterday when I wasn't hungry and I walked away with nothing in my hands... or mouth :):)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    For going back this morning and logging all of my food from yesterday
  • beccasaur387
    beccasaur387 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Buying free range, home raised chicken eggs, avacados, green beans, whole grain pita bread, tomato basil and parmesean spread, and chocolate PB2 at the farmer's market today.

Not buying the onion rings from Burger King last night, and buying a light drink at Starbucks today.
  • BolandSouthPark
    Options
    I'm proud of myself for not binging yesterday - a day that would have been an ideal binge day for me - and moving rather than sitting around all day.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I felt the urge to binge multiple times. The first time, I distracted myself with some self-nurturing and took a long shower and really pampered myself. The second time, I distracted myself by changing my hairstyle. The third time, I played a trivia game on my phone. I also resisted the urge to have a completely lazy day, and instead did a deep cleaning of my bedroom, taking out plenty of things for donation. I also talked to myself, as silly as it sounds, about how much I love eating healthy foods in normal quantities and how binging is not treating my body with the respect that it deserves.

It's been a difficult couple of days, but yesterday, I think I hit a good sweet spot. I'm going to try and take each coming day and treat it like yesterday.
  • crepes_
    Options
    I'm proud of myself for not binging yesterday - a day that would have been an ideal binge day for me - and moving rather than sitting around all day.

That's so great! You're making real stride in recovery here, based on what you've been posting. Congrats to you, and keep up the amazing work. The dedication is showing!
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Boland, you are doing so well. Great work :)

Molly, that can be so tough. Good for you for being honest with yourself :)

Becca, your farmer's market finds sound delicious! And so much better for your body and mind :)

Crepes, wow. What an excellent win! It is incredibly impressive to me that you were able to implement not just one, but three different coping mechanisms to get you past the B. Thank you so much for sharing!

I don't have something to be proud of today - yet! I'm determined to earn one :)
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Planned, pre-logged and packed all of my food today and committed to my friend that I will not change it.
  • BolandSouthPark
    Options
    Today, I proud of myself for talking myself out of binging twice - the second time I even had my fork in the container and I put it down and walked away!
  • RachelWithoutAPaddle
    RachelWithoutAPaddle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself for avoiding the work and after-work binge. On my way home I pass the dreaded candy bar dish and the dairy queen. I did not stop for either today. I didn't have the best day food-wise today, but that small victory made me proud of myself today.
  • crepes_
    Options
    Today, I'm proud of myself for making my first appointment with a counselor who sees people for eating disorders. It's for Thursday, so I'm pretty nervous. She sounds quite mean over the phone, though, so I'm even more nervous about that. Wish me luck!

Today I am proud of myself for avoiding the work and after-work binge. On my way home I pass the dreaded candy bar dish and the dairy queen. I did not stop for either today. I didn't have the best day food-wise today, but that small victory made me proud of myself today.

I know that one all too well. Great job on overcoming that urge! I'm hoping I can do the same thing today - going to follow your lead!
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Greeky, great job! Pre-planning and packing is a great strategy!
    Boland, wow, what great restraint. Good for you!
    Rachel, that's awesome, you should be proud! Work can be a huge trigger, congrats :)
    Crepes, that's so great! I can totally understand the nervous feeling though. Hopefully the therapist just doesn't have a good phone voice :) Good luck!!

I'm proud of myself for completing my food diary yesterday, despite having a not-so-great day. I'm proud that I'm being honest with myself and taking steps to improve just a little bit each day.