Today I'm proud of myself for....

Options

Replies

• RachelWithoutAPaddle
    RachelWithoutAPaddle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Crepes, I hope your appointment goes well!

Willliftfortats, thank you! Good job on completing your diary, I know it can be hard logging everything on bad days!

I am proud of myself for today for keeping today binge-free! :D
  • Dennis4766
    Dennis4766 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    To be honest - I am not hitting my daily fat requirements. Its very difficult for me to allow any fats in my diet. But tonight, after my run, I mixed 1 large egg with a scoop of protein powder and microwaved it for 90 seconds. That gave my body some additional fats (22 grams for the day). Well under 20% which is my target, but it is a step in the right direction. And allowing myself the snack after the run was an achievement also.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Yay for another binge-free day Rachel!

Dennis, every step in the right direction counts!

Today I'm proud of myself for not taking out my anger and stress on food or my husband. Instead, I'm going to yoga. :flowerforyou:
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Rachel, great work! One day at a time, and you're definitely doing it right!
    Dennis, good job at trying hard to correct that. Fat is important for your body to be able to absorb all those great nutrients you put in it. You're doing your body a great service by aiming to meet those goals and by aiming to improve your habits. :flowerforyou:
    WillLift4Tats, a muuuuch better way to let that stress and frustration go! You get to pamper yourself and treat your body well. Not only will you get to feel refreshed, relaxed, and somehow still challenged... but you get to feel accomplished for having done something so worthwhile and rewarding!

Today, I'm proud of myself for stopping my self-sabotage in motion. I was already in the thought pattern of binging, trying to plan out how to pick up the most amount of food without anyone noticing and sneak it back to multiple places for lunch like I'm a hibernating squirrel or something. Instead, I ate a sensible lunch and took a couple of minutes to close my eyes and focus on how I felt afterwards. Satisfied, focused, and calm. Today will be a day that I can be proud of.
  • beccasaur387
    beccasaur387 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm proud for ignoring the ice cream craving last night qnd the Root Beer that's in the fridge. Now that I think about it, i've been soda free for 2 weeks.
  • RachelWithoutAPaddle
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself for being realistic with my diet. I am having surgery in 2 weeks and my surgeon and his nutritionist recommended an 800 calorie diet to get rid of as much weight as possible and make my surgery safer. At 800 calories My mind is bargaining with the rest of me and I am setting myself up for the after-work binge, which is what I did today.

So, I've decided to increase my calorie intake and eat more realistically to lose more weight. Stressing myself out less, getting less hangry, I think I'll see better results with a higher calorie target.
  • Dennis4766
    Dennis4766 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Crepes - great job with the discipline and avoiding the binge!

WillLift - Hope you enjoyed your yoga.

Becca - It takes strength to pass up ice cream!

Rachel - Will pray for upcoming surgery.

Today - I hit 20% for fats. I had to eat 4 eggs and take Omega-3 supplements, but I got there :)
  • crepes_
    Options
    Becca, great job at resisting that temptation! You're stronger than you thought, see!
    Rachel, Best of luck with the surgery. I think that calorie goal is much better than the 800. Great job.
    Dennis, congrats!! Great going with your fat goal!

Yesterday, I successfully used coping skills to stop a binge just before it happened. I snapped back to reality and kinda realized that nothing that I was egging myself on to do would make me feel better. Not even for a second. I went over my calories by a bit, but after about a week of eating 3x what I'm supposed to be eating, I'm sure my stomach just wasn't used to normal sized portions. Very proud of myself and hopeful for the future.
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself for coming back here. I was doing the Me vs. The Binge challenge and things started going down hill for me and I stopped logging. I am proud that I recognized it and started to fight back where as in the past I would have just kept falling. I packed my lunch and healthy snacks for today.
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Thank you Crepes & Dennis, yoga was so nice!

Crepes, great job on beating the urge. You took the time to focus on your feelings and acknowledge how much better you feel after a sensible meal rather than a binge. That must be so empowering!

Becca, wow, congrats on beating your craving AND being soda free :)

Rachel, I can't imagine sticking to a diet that strict. Good for you for taking control. It will be so much better than falling into a restrict/binge cycle.

Dennis! Congrats on hitting your goal!

GFreg, glad you are back on track! Sometimes the hardest part is turning yourself around and trying again. Happy for you :)

Today I'm proud of myself for having a binge-free AND under goal day, which hasn't happened in forever! I thought I might end up going over since I ate dinner so early, but instead I had an awesomely long catch-up phone call with my sister and before I knew it, 2 hours had gone by and I had no urge to snack!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for having a binge-free AND under goal day, which hasn't happened in forever! I thought I might end up going over since I ate dinner so early, but instead I had an awesomely long catch-up phone call with my sister and before I knew it, 2 hours had gone by and I had no urge to snack!
    Awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself for coming back here. I was doing the Me vs. The Binge challenge and things started going down hill for me and I stopped logging. I am proud that I recognized it and started to fight back where as in the past I would have just kept falling. I packed my lunch and healthy snacks for today.
    This is soooo important for us to do. Success is NEVER giving up!! Keep pushing and getting back up and on the horse. Good job!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Crepes, great job on beating the urge. You took the time to focus on your feelings and acknowledge how much better you feel after a sensible meal rather than a binge. That must be so empowering!

Rachel, I can't imagine sticking to a diet that strict. Good for you for taking control. It will be so much better than falling into a restrict/binge cycle.

Good job Everyone and sending everyone positive vibes!:flowerforyou:
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options

Good job!
  • RachelWithoutAPaddle
    Options
    Thank you Crepes & Dennis, yoga was so nice!

GFreg, glad you are back on track! Sometimes the hardest part is turning yourself around and trying again. Happy for you :)

Thank you! It's so reassuring to have some support, when I told my family I was increasing my calories I got a lot of negativity. I love coming on to this group everyday!

Congrats on your fantastic day!!
  • RachelWithoutAPaddle
    Options
    Becca, great job at resisting that temptation! You're stronger than you thought, see!
    Rachel, Best of luck with the surgery. I think that calorie goal is much better than the 800. Great job.
    Dennis, congrats!! Great going with your fat goal!

Yesterday, I successfully used coping skills to stop a binge just before it happened. I snapped back to reality and kinda realized that nothing that I was egging myself on to do would make me feel better. Not even for a second. I went over my calories by a bit, but after about a week of eating 3x what I'm supposed to be eating, I'm sure my stomach just wasn't used to normal sized portions. Very proud of myself and hopeful for the future.

Great job beating the binge! You have so much to be proud of! How did your appointment go today?
  • RachelWithoutAPaddle
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself for keeping it together all day.Under calorie goal and binge-free. When I was trying to meet my surgeon-recommended 800 calories I felt myself getting real hangry and my mind was bargaining me for food half way through the day, so when I got home, I'd eat 3-4x what I had eaten during the whole rest of the day in an hour. One of my MFP friends told me that as an after-work eater, her doctor told her that that's just asking for all that to turn to fat. My family wasn't quite as happy for me as I would of liked, but I am so proud of myself today.
  • crepes_
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself for keeping it together all day.Under calorie goal and binge-free. When I was trying to meet my surgeon-recommended 800 calories I felt myself getting real hangry and my mind was bargaining me for food half way through the day, so when I got home, I'd eat 3-4x what I had eaten during the whole rest of the day in an hour. One of my MFP friends told me that as an after-work eater, her doctor told her that that's just asking for all that to turn to fat. My family wasn't quite as happy for me as I would of liked, but I am so proud of myself today.

Much better goal. For someone that has no issue with food, that original goal would have been fine. But for someone that can easily fall into the restricting and binging cycle? It's a recipe for disaster. Your family should be more supportive, but maybe they just don't understand something like this. You have us, though! I think your decision was a great one.
    Great job beating the binge! You have so much to be proud of! How did your appointment go today?

Thank you for asking! The appointment went well and I'm proud of myself for having gone and spoken as much as I did. I pretty much got in there, sat down, and immediately started crying haha. I'm such a wuss. I'm pretty sure I beat the record. I just never talk about this kind of thing anywhere but here, so saying it out loud was so difficult. I made another appointment for next week. I think I'm going to stick to it.
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Rachel, I'm sorry you are struggling with family support. I think it's really tough sometimes for others to really understand. I'm so glad you're here sharing with us. It really does help :)

Crepes, I'm so glad your appointment went well and you plan to keep at it! You are SO not a wuss! Sounds like you were able to get some things off your chest and I'm so happy for you :)

I'm proud that I've had a great week easing back into things. I haven't let myself binge. I've gone over goal, but haven't beat myself up over it. I didn't log a day, but back logged the next day and moved on. And now I'm going into the weekend confident that I'm in a much better mindset than I have been the past month or so. I'm proud that I'm taking small steps to get back to my healthy lifestyle, instead of going all in at once, and feeling defeated once I make a mistake. I'm proud that I'm being kind and patient with myself.

Wow. Long one. I'm in a rambling good mood this morning :)
  • RachelWithoutAPaddle
    Options

Much better goal. For someone that has no issue with food, that original goal would have been fine. But for someone that can easily fall into the restricting and binging cycle? It's a recipe for disaster. Your family should be more supportive, but maybe they just don't understand something like this. You have us, though! I think your decision was a great one.

Thank you for asking! The appointment went well and I'm proud of myself for having gone and spoken as much as I did. I pretty much got in there, sat down, and immediately started crying haha. I'm such a wuss. I'm pretty sure I beat the record. I just never talk about this kind of thing anywhere but here, so saying it out loud was so difficult. I made another appointment for next week. I think I'm going to stick to it.

I'm glad it went well! Opening up helps so much, just coming here to talk makes me feel so much better than the rest of the day, I can't imagine how rewarding it is to physically talk to someone who understands.
    Rachel, I'm sorry you are struggling with family support. I think it's really tough sometimes for others to really understand. I'm so glad you're here sharing with us. It really does help :)

Thanks for the support! I guess It's kind of sad to say I'm used to it, but I really am. Is that a kayak I see in your profile picture? :D

I am proud of myself today for allowing myself in indulge in one slice of pizza and not overdoing it. We moved offices today at work and my boss bought all of us pizza. It would have been so easy to have a ton of pizza, but instead I had one slice, plus some cheese bread, then left and went kayaking! I'm on a 2-day binge-free streak and it feels great.