Today I'm proud of myself for....

Options

Replies

• greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Wow, this thread is fantastic! Thank you, my friend, for telling me about it! :smile:

Congratulations to all on your victories! I love how you are focusing on the positive - something I need to do more of!

Today I am proud that I am working on loving myself and not putting myself down even though I can feel I have gained weight. It doesn't matter. No one cares except me.
  • a_hendo
    a_hendo Posts: 4
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I absolutely love this thread! I just read through every single page, and I love every one of the posts!

Today, I'm proud of myself for still getting my butt to the gym, even after going out for a spontaneous pancake breakfast! I thought about just going home and making it a lazy day, but forced myself to go work out instead.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Today I am proud that I am working on loving myself and not putting myself down even though I can feel I have gained weight. It doesn't matter. No one cares except me.

That is absolutely right! I always find that there's comfort in how insignificant some of the things we care about actually are. No one looks at us as much as we look at ourselves! No one judges us as much as we judge ourselves!
    Today, I'm proud of myself for still getting my butt to the gym, even after going out for a spontaneous pancake breakfast! I thought about just going home and making it a lazy day, but forced myself to go work out instead.

Great job! That's such a good way to make sure you stay positive all day.

I'm proud that I stayed strong this entire weekend, and even went to the gym. I'm also taking a nice walk today and planned out my entire day's food. I had a decent breakfast, which always sets me up for a positive-food day.
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself for:

Planning my daily routine for the day
    Planning on my nightly routine - I have put reading materials (including my Bible) on my bedside table.

I have a plan! :love:
  • greekygirl
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself for:

I am in the habit of working out before going to work, no matter what.

I am in great shape, even if I have gained a couple of pounds.

Checking in here!
  • Great_Mazinga
    Great_Mazinga Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Today, I am proud of myself for NOT strapping on the feedbag! BONUS! I can say that about yesterday also. I've also logged my food today! Yippeee!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for finally breaking my recent fast-foot kick. As always, it's been a busy, tiring day. I didn't really know what we had at home and didn't really care to cook anyways. Once again I was on my way to another fast food binge. But I had to drive PAST my house to reach any restaurant, so instead, I just turned into the driveway. Felt really good to break that moment.
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Welcome newcomers! I'm so happy for all the interest in this thread and all of the amazing support we have here! Ya'lls victories always put a smile on my face and motivation back in my heart. Thank you! Keep trying and keep posting your successes :)
  • Dennis4766
    Dennis4766 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    1. Go back to work today. I've been off on medical for a month for bulimia treatment!

2. Got up last night hungry. Remember most binges happen at night. I had about 150 calorie snack, and went back to bed!
  • crepes_
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for finally breaking my recent fast-foot kick. As always, it's been a busy, tiring day. I didn't really know what we had at home and didn't really care to cook anyways. Once again I was on my way to another fast food binge. But I had to drive PAST my house to reach any restaurant, so instead, I just turned into the driveway. Felt really good to break that moment.

I know that habit all too well. It goes from being helpful to being diasterous so quickly! Great job on beating that craving monster and pulling into your driveway instead!
    1. Go back to work today. I've been off on medical for a month for bulimia treatment!

2. Got up last night hungry. Remember most binges happen at night. I had about 150 calorie snack, and went back to bed!

Congrats on going back to work! That's great news for your treatment progress. Also great work on resisting the binge last night.

---

I'm proud of myself for exercising yesterday, and staying well within my calorie limits. I made great choices for breakfast, ended up having to skip lunch (homeless man needed it much more than I did), and made REALLY great choices for dinner! It was a day full of decisions I can be proud of.
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options

That is an incredible success! Congrats on completing your treatment.
    I'm proud of myself for exercising yesterday, and staying well within my calorie limits. I made great choices for breakfast, ended up having to skip lunch (homeless man needed it much more than I did), and made REALLY great choices for dinner! It was a day full of decisions I can be proud of.

Wow, I. Love. ALL. of this! Huge hugs to you :)

ETA: Today I'm proud of myself for biking to work, and not only that, biking to the grocery store beforehand to pick up breakfast items that I can keep at work instead of picking up fast food all the time. I'm still struggling to get my entire day in line, but I'm proud of the little steps that I'm taking to get back on track.
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    Thank you Crepes & WillLift. Appreciate the encouragement.
  • greekygirl
    Options
    Choosing to eat a healthy lunch yesterday and staying under calorie goal.

Still not putting myself down and/or beating myself up.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    Choosing to eat a healthy lunch yesterday and staying under calorie goal.

Still not putting myself down and/or beating myself up.
    Awesome Greekygirl! Keep up the good work! Love yourself and all of your imperfections! :heart: :flowerforyou: We do!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options

Awesome!
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    Got up last night and I was hungry. Had 200 calorie snack, didnt binge, and went back to bed.
  • BolandSouthPark
    BolandSouthPark Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and have yet to post in this group but I can't wipe the smile off my face and had to share...yesterday I didn't binge! Yesterday was one of those days that I was faced with all of my binge triggers and I did not give in. I won! To anyone else that would not seem like a huge accomplishment. Thank you for this group, I do not speak about my binging to anyone and would be doing this alone if I didn't have you. Your positive energy and daily successes will definitely help me.
  • crepes_
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and have yet to post in this group but I can't wipe the smile off my face and had to share...yesterday I didn't binge! Yesterday was one of those days that I was faced with all of my binge triggers and I did not give in. I won! To anyone else that would not seem like a huge accomplishment. Thank you for this group, I do not speak about my binging to anyone and would be doing this alone if I didn't have you. Your positive energy and daily successes will definitely help me.

We definitely know how great that can feel! Congrats on such a great day yesterday! Make today just as wonderful. Rooting for you!
  • BolandSouthPark
    BolandSouthPark Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much, Crepes. I appreciate your support, it means a lot!
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    The first thing I am proud of:

Happy 48th Anniversary to my husband!! :heart: And most of the 17,520 days have been GOOD with us regardless of what is going on with our lives.I have a great man!

Now onward
    I have had two great days of no binges. Once I go to bed I stay there as nights have been my downfall!

Onward we go!!