Today I'm proud of myself for....

Options

Replies

• Dennis4766
    Dennis4766 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I went 24 hours without coffee and survived ;)

But seriously... I really struggle with depression (body no longer makes testosterone as a result of my rapid weight loss / eating disorder) but I did fight the depression and finally got out of bed yesterday around 5:30 pm and went out for a jog of 9 miles. Felt better afterwards due to release of endorphin's. Then this morning, got up early and ran a 5K and I had my fastest 5K time since 1983 / 1984.
  • laceyjjj
    laceyjjj Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great job Dennis! I find that I can have the worst day...but as soon as I run the weight on my shoulders lifts and I'm usually smiling again :)
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    WillLift, Great job!! It's so hard to have one thing and not get into "f it" mode! (for me, anyway)

Pudding - Four days is HUGE! Don't minimize that! Great work!!

Dennis - Awesome job getting out of bed and exercising! I know how hard it can be to get motivated some days...but we always feel better after! Congrats on the 5K too...I've been thinking of doing one but wondering if I'm ready for that.

Today I'm proud of myself for going to spin class this morning even though I felt tired and sore. I'm glad I went, of course!
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    Thank you for positive vibes greekygirl & laceyjjj.

Today I am proud for several things...

1. I went out to eat, had a subway turkey on wheat, no cheese. But I also ate 2 cookies and stopped. (So I ate a "fear" food, and yet controlled urge to eat more).

2. I then walked 3.7 miles with my wife and Mom.

3, I then went out with family for ice cream, and I skipped it. (Its a binge starter for me)

4. Finally, I got home and ran 15.3 miles. My longest run since the Buffalo marathon.

I had a GREAT day!

Hope you all did too!
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    1 am fridge raid binge averted! Brocolli precut and ready for snacking. Ate 2 servings of brocolli and went back to bed.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Shersuntha, Great job at letting your anxiety know who's boss. I know how difficult that can be, but you're doing yourself a great service here. Keep at it!

Rachel, Good job at giving yourself the kind of support that you need!

Greekygirl, Good for you! That's a really great mindset. It really isn't ever worth it, good on you for listening to yourself. Great job on going to spin class, too!

WillLift4Tats, haha I love that bit about the yoga. Yoga with DOMS seems 100x more intense, doesn't it? Good job on still going through with it even though it was probably a bit painful.

Pudding, that's reallyreally great. I definitely know how hard that can be, but you're doing it!

Dennis, that's so great! Happy that you're learning to cope with this chemical imbalance. Hope your doctors have talked to you about alternate testosterone treatments. Two cookies with self control = huge victory! Especially great work on that ice cream; I remember in another post you saying how ice cream was a big weakness, but you did it! And that endurance running, my goodness! And broccoli for snacking?! You're awesome.

My social life took a nosedive when my eating disorder came back in full force. I would lie and cancel plans with people because I wanted to stay home and binge, and because I didn't want to be seen and couldn't fit into anything. I mean, saying no to concerts and trips and things that I would enjoy so much isn't exactly healthy.

This weekend, I finally went out and did something with a huge group of people that I'd never hung out with before. It was a comedy show and then a burlesque show at a bar with dancing. Instead of letting my anxiety take over, I just decided to be in the moment. I had a great time and I danced the night away. I didn't think about food a single time, actually. It makes perfect sense.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Pudding, big hugs and congrats to you! It seems like a LOT to me :)

Dennis, sounds like you had an awesome day :) happy for you!

Greeky, nice job making it to spin! Especially with being sore, it makes it so much harder lol

Crepes, sounds like a fantastic time! I'm glad you were able to overcome your anxiety and let loose :)

Today I'm proud of myself for getting up and going to work. Some days, like today, I could've just slept and stayed in bed all day. No good reason. Just in a general depressive mood that haunts me every now and then. But I got up, I showered, I (sort of) did my makeup and I'm here, plugging away.
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    today I am proud that I woke up and burned 500 calories before work! I'm also proud that I chose fruits and pre planned snacks to eat at the office today instead of the chocolate muffins that were 750 calories lol.
  • crepes_
    Options
    WillLift4Tats, that's really good. I know how difficult it can be to get out of that slump where even the smallest tasks seem so much more difficult than they actually are. Keep it up!
    Zericaaaaa, great job at getting in that awesome burn in the morning, and making a better choice when hungry!

I'm proud that I just decided to eat the lunch that I had saved instead of eating something that would have been the entire day's calories to break my fast.
  • kaybeau
    kaybeau Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    today I filled in yet more boring forms without snacking...previously unheard of
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    Got up 3 times to use restroom last night and did not snack or binge.

Took day off running, not feeling guilty or depressed about it.

Progress!
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Dennis, that is awesome!! All of it, but especially the eating two cookies and stopping AND THEN skipping the ice cream! Cookies are pretty much my biggest binge food and I don't think I could have done that!!

Crepes – sounds like you had a wonderful time! I’m so glad you went – I have done the same thing – cancel plans because I either had plans to eat or am feeling gross after a binge. Not fun! Also great job eating your saved lunch – it’s SO easy for me to not eat what I brought and it always turns out way worse than I wanted it to…

WillLift, I understand – I totally wanted to go back to bed and not go to work today! Great job pushing yourself!

Zerica, great job working out before work! And for skipping the muffins – ugh, muffins are probably my second biggest binge food and those calories add up FAST. (so do cookie calories, but whatever)

Today I am proud that I pre-logged my food and committed to not changing it. And I’m so glad I did because I would’ve ended up doing exactly that. I’m also proud for posting more and reaching out for help and support. And not going back to bed like I wanted to.  :smile:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    Today I am proud that I pre-logged my food and committed to not changing it. And I’m so glad I did because I would’ve ended up doing exactly that. I’m also proud for posting more and reaching out for help and support. And not going back to bed like I wanted to.  :smile:
    Awesome job greekygirl!! Loved seeing your name on this thread. Keep up the good work!! That is what the BED group is all about! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    DId not have time to read all of the post but you all are definitely rocking it!! Keep up the good work!!

Today I'm proud of myself for.... eating a salad with fries instead burger with fries! and within program too.
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    I just signed up for the 2015 Knoxville TN Marathon !!! :)

Motivation to stay fit for the next 8 months!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Awesome Dennis! Congrats!

Yesterday I'm proud of myself for..... passing up all of the fast food I was craving yesterday evening. I even passed up Costco's fast foods too. Ate some skinny pop and was satisfied with a few cups of that. Yay!!

Happy Friday! :flowerforyou: Sending positive vibes your way!! :drinker:
  • crepes_
    Options
    Kaybeau, that's great! congrats on managing your boredom in a good way!
    Dennis, That's wonderful! I know you mentioned how that was a particularly rough time for you, so that's like you won 3 times in a row. Great job. Good look on the marathon!
    Greekygirl, that sounds like a day full of winning! I think posting more and being more active will definitely help. Great job on logging what you wanted and then sticking to your plan! I know how hard that can be, but you did it!
    Molly, great job! shows you how you can still eat the foods that you like, but in a smaller amount.

I was feeling down on myself yesterday for having binged. Instead of continuing down the hill, I cranked up the music on my headphones, and danced around like crazy while cleaning. I ended up just salsa dancing on my own for an hour, and by the time I was done, I was all smiles. I remembered a way to make myself feel wonderful without sacrificing my health and it felt so nice.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Zericaaaaa, did I get all the A's? :wink: Great job with your morning routine! I bet you felt much better than if you had chosen the other route :)

Kaybeau, great job! Boredom snacking sure can be hard to beat!

Dennis, yowza that IS great motivation! Great job on the rest day too. It's just as important, especially now that you're officially in training! :)

Greekygirl, you are doing awesome and continue to motivate and inspire me. I'm so glad we can reach out to each other for support and accountability!

Molly, great job passing up the burger in favor of a salad! AND you still enjoyed fries! Compromise is a great achievement :)

Crepes, that sounds incredibly fun and energizing! Way to OWN your binge, put it in it's place, and allow yourself to move on and be happy. I absolutely love this!

Today I'm proud of myself for letting Body Combat absolutely shred me. I was contently exhausted by the end of the hour and so happy I got through it.
  • zericaaaaa
    Options
    Got up 3 times to use restroom last night and did not snack or binge.

Took day off running, not feeling guilty or depressed about it.

Progress!

that really is awesome! I read earlier that you've had a hard time resisting the binge during the night, so that is a huge accomplishment :)
  • zericaaaaa
    Options
    Zericaaaaa, did I get all the A's? :wink: Great job with your morning routine! I bet you felt much better than if you had chosen the other route :)

Kaybeau, great job! Boredom snacking sure can be hard to beat!

Dennis, yowza that IS great motivation! Great job on the rest day too. It's just as important, especially now that you're officially in training! :)

Greekygirl, you are doing awesome and continue to motivate and inspire me. I'm so glad we can reach out to each other for support and accountability!

Molly, great job passing up the burger in favor of a salad! AND you still enjoyed fries! Compromise is a great achievement :)

Crepes, that sounds incredibly fun and energizing! Way to OWN your binge, put it in it's place, and allow yourself to move on and be happy. I absolutely love this!

Today I'm proud of myself for letting Body Combat absolutely shred me. I was contently exhausted by the end of the hour and so happy I got through it.

hehe you did get all the a's :) and body combat sounds insane! way to push through the pain ;)