Today I'm proud of myself for....

Options

Replies

• MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    ...for not worrying about the carb binge I had this morning, because tomorrow is a new day, and because I plan to visit the gym tonight.
  • Dennis4766
    Dennis4766 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Got up 3 times to use restroom. Was very hungry. (Had run 8.3 miles before bed). Made a 200 calorie snack first time. But Praise God, that was all I ate last night!
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    On Friday, I resisted free junk food in the break room and reached out to others instead. This is HUGE because it is one of my biggest binge foods and to have it there and free made it even more difficult.

Five days in a row binge-free today!!
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    Five days in a row binge-free today!!

Good for you! #happy
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    Today marks 7 days of no binging. I have chosen to overeat at times, I've chosen to eat a few foods that would not be considered healthy, but I have not binged according to the medical definition of binge eating. The absolute worst feeling in the world is the shame after a binge. I can deal with a couple extra pounds due to overeating, but I can NOT deal with the embarrassment, shame, guilt, etc after a binge. Once binging is completely eliminated, I can always deal with the extra pounds, but it would be unwise to attempt to address any other dietary issues while I am trying to deal effectively with binging which resulted from my battle with bulimia.

I also ran 16 miles yesterday in training for the Marine Corps Marathon in late October.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    WillLift4Tats, Body Combat sounds so difficult but super rewarding. I'm glad you got through it all! The feeling of a good workout is just too good to pass up.
    MadDogManor, great job! Every day is a new day and a new opportunity to make improvements.
    Dennis, That's really great news. 7 days is a crazy good streak and I hope you're proud of yourself. Focus on you!
    Greekygirl, Super proud of you! 5 binge-free days is nothing to scoff at! Great accomplishments.

I'm proud of going to a Zumbathon this past weekend and not letting my insecurities control me like they normally do. I have bellydancing on my "someday" list, because I feel like it's something only for the "beautiful women." Well, I got to try it out and I had an amazing time. I'll likely be signing up for some classes with my cousins who also love belly dancing. I was doing so well that the instructor singled me out and then high fived me at the end of her segment. It may have also been because I had the biggest smile the entire time. I may not know how to shake everything, but I think the Latin dance helped me with the hips and butt, haha.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Greeky, high-five on 5 days binge-free! Excellent streak! It really helps to reach out :)

Dennis, 168 hours, 7 days, one week, ALL AWESOME! Good for you! Also, phew! 16 miles is cray-cray man. Nice run :)

Crepes, that sounds like so much fun! Belly dancing can make you feel so sensual and attractive, plus being a much harder workout than it first appears! lol

I'm proud that I am staying accountable and reaching out when I stumble, instead of keeping it all internal. I even admitted my last binge to my husband. It was so incredibly embarrassing and difficult, but my goodness, I don't know why, but that man loves me so much. He was accepting, loving, and comforting when I was at my lowest. I can only be grateful and determined to keep trying.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    WillLift4Tats, that's amazing. That's really really great to know that you have this support from your husband. It makes it incredibly easier to get through the tough times when you have someone who loves you no matter what. That determination and motivation that a partner's love gives just means the world!

I was exhausted at work, falling asleep at my desk. Turns out, it's because I had restricted my food due to shame from the previous day's binge. I decided to break my fast, and instead of running straight to the first thing I could binge happily on, as is my norm when I restrict after a binge and purge... I had a normal meal like a normal person! I'm awake again and feeling grateful towards myself and towards you guys for giving me the support that I need.
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    Thats the way Crepes - Pick yourself back up and move forward!
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Crepes, that's a huge success! I find it incredibly more difficult to stick to my plan when I'm tired. Good for you for taking control and treating your body kindly :)

I'm proud of myself for attending a party that (1) I wasn't prepared for, and (2) socializing with complete strangers while (3) not taking one sip of alcohol! I know, this is kind of a sad success but it's a big leap for me to be that uncomfortable, tired, and anxious, and not turn to my social "lubricator", if you will.
  • RachelWithoutAPaddle
    Options
    I'm proud of myself today for accepting that the things that are stressing me out are things that have already happened and I can't undo. This acceptance led to my first day under my calorie goals all August. I dropped a class and have been working stupid hours, which led to either general overeating or a massive after-work binge, but today I didn't let the stress bother me and I moved forward. It feels good.
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    That's so great Rachel! It's a huge step to accept things that can't be changed and allow yourself to be free of that burden. Kudos :)

Today I'm proud of myself for recognizing and admitting my weakness to a binge, and announcing a plan to prevent it to all my MFpals. I know that I can conquer the urge with activity and the support of my husband and friends. Here's to a binge-free and activity-full weekend!
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for not binging on pizza! First time I can say that in years :happy:

Had an awesome workout tonight, then went with hubs for a great dinner at a new pizzeria. No feelings of doom or stress or worry, just a relaxing night out with no binging thoughts or feelings. I haven't felt like that in a LONG time, and I know it won't continue, but I'm going to try to continue this pattern for as long as I can.

I love this group, and this thread! Reading all these successes really help me focus - thanks and good luck to everyone
  • allisson2014
    allisson2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    making it to day 19th !!! of my no junk food challenge! feeling so good about the foods I eat, the fact I might have lost a few pounds, that I have not weighed myself in 19 days and that I have not been a slave to the food but have been making conscious decisions day by day to eat in a wholesome way.
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Worked out even though I didn't feel like it. Did my walk/jog intervals to spin class and home even though I didn't feel like that either because it's hot out.
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    2 nights in a row - NO SNACKING! Applying techniques learned in "Ditching Diets." Thank you mimoumoses!
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    MadDog, huge hugs!! That's AWESOME and I'm so glad you could enjoy a relaxing night out with your hubby without the burden of binge feelings. Yay you :)

Allisson, great job! Honestly, I'd try to keep that no-weighing streak going. Sometimes you just need to take a break from the logistics of weightloss and just focus on a feeling good and healthy. Sounds like you're experiencing exactly that! :)

Greeky, you are doing great! I just saw that you went for a jog this morning too! High-five :)

Dennis, woop-woop! I know you can keep it going this week!

Proud of myself for weighing out and eating only 1 serving of ice cream last night. I'm working hard to overcome my triggers and it's a huge moment when I can enjoy that treat AND stay in control :)
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    I received some good news - I have 1 more follow-up appointment in 1 month for my eating disorder, and as long as I sustain my improvements made, I am done with counseling! :)
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Dennis, that. is. awesome! You must feel so excited to have come so far in your recovery! Really happy for you! :D

Proud of myself for getting out and being active yesterday. I could've stayed home and thought up excuses to stay on the couch. But I had a MUCH better time biking to play pool, then to the river for a swim. Being active makes me feel good.
  • JenH1550
    JenH1550 Posts: 46
    Options
    You guys are all so amazing! I'm really inspired!

Today I am proud that I did not eat cake at work. Not one piece, not one slice, didn't even dip my finger in the icing. In the past I've started with a sliver, then a nibble, then a little more, then... well, you know the rest.

I resisted cake. I'm really proud of that.