• Mrslaura12
    Mrslaura12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    March 5th
    Green day yes
    Total/goal 1/26
    Water yes
    Total/goal1/26
    First day starting this going good so far.
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    March 5

Green yes
    5/25

Blue yes
    5/31

@Debbie7373 I think joining a gym that appeals to you is a great idea. The reasons that there are so many different types of gyms is there are so many different people out there. I work with a couple of women who love curves. So it would definitely be worth it if you'll go :)
  • kaylamcdougall12
    Options
    Date march 5th
    Green:yes
    Total/Goal: 4/25

Water: yes
    Total/Goal: 3/25
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    3/5

Green: Yes
    Total 5/28

Blue: Yes
    Total 5/31

No workout tonight. But I did find another group on here about exercising in your office...so based on this inspiration, I did 50 push ups on my desk, 50 squats on my ball / chair, and 12 flights of stairs.

Also, came home unexpectedly tonight with two foster dogs. My dogs are sure their world is ending.:sad: My fickle Chihuahua has revolted and is hiding in the basement. So I did much puppy referee-ing / chasing tonight.
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    March 5

Green: yes
    Total: 5/28

Blue: yes
    Total: 4/28
  • sulyha
    sulyha Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Mar 5

Green- Yes
    total/goal- 4/25

Water-Yes
    total/goal- 5/30

Woke up at 2AM with a raging headache and didn't sleep much for the next 4 hours because of the pain. Called in sick to work and slept until 11:00. I'm pretty sure is was sinus pressure. Feeling better now and am armed with sinus meds to take before bed tonight. Needless to say, no gym for me today.
  • debbie7373
    debbie7373 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    March 5
    Total/Goal: 4/27

Water: Yes
    Total/Goal: 5/31

@Ikenn67.....Thank you for the info. I've been a member of Curves before and I liked it. I was just wondering how y'all think it compares to other gyms. I think for now, at least until I get some more of this weight off and am in better shape, that Curves would be the way to go.
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    March 5

Total: 4/28

Blue: Yes
    Total: 5/31

I ended up having two dinners because I did so much exercise I was hungry (and had calories) after ash wednesday service.

@Debbie - Curves provides very good resistance training and it sounds like there are many new opportunities at Curves since I was a member 10 years ago. I will tell you that I loved my first club and then I moved and disliked my second club. In my experience a big component of a Curves experience is being friendly with those working out with you. As you are on a circuit you are facing others which promotes chatting with others. This can make the workout go by faster if the employees and other club members are friendly. However, the second club I transferred to was very clicky and ignored me while everyone else (who knew each other forever) chatted. I was the youngest person there by far, and many of the club activities did not apply to me (like getting a mammogram is not something that is recommended for a 25 year old). My suggestion is check out the club and do a guest workout and then decide if the club is a good fit for you. (Also watch the hours because sometimes Curves clubs have limited or odd hours.)
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    March 5
    Green: YES

Water: Yes
    Total/Goal: 5/31
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    March 5
    green - yes
    5/29

Blue - yes
    5/31

@r_queenie I fast for Ash Wednesday. The week ends up skinnier than usual even if I go overboard on Fat Tuesday.
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    March 4, 5
    Green: Yes, Yes
    Total/Goal: 2/27

Having a major issue finding time for myself. I need to work out and just don't know when I'm going to be able to fit it in.

@debbie7373 - I have a couple of MFPs that have had great success at Curves. I've never been to one, but recently visited my sister's gym which has a "ladies only" area. It was very much like Curves but at a lower monthly cost and with many more options included like classes/tanning/access to other gym equipment and areas.
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Date Mar 4
    Green: (Yes/No) yes
    Total/Goal: 4/30

Water: (Yes/No) no
    Total/Goal: 3/20

another one of those cold days where it was more satisfying to drink hot beverages (tea/coffee) instead of cold water.

Marjanet- According to the rules herbal teas and caffeine free teas can count towards your water intake.

Copied from the rules post-
    Since this is a newer component of the challenge for everyone, let me make the rules clear.

1. We are tracking water consumption with the objective of consuming 8 cups (64 oz.) or more. So 8 glasses = a blue day bigsmile

2. Not all liquids are water so fruit juices and diet pop do not count. Nor does coffee. sad

3. Encouraged liquids for the hydr8 challenge:
    Tap water
    Bottled water
    Carbonated water/ tonic water
    Water with a twist of fruit flavor (from whole lemons, limes, oranges, etc.)
    Herbal teas
    Caffeine-free teas

4. Flavored water drinks
    I personally don't use flavor enhancement products that contain artificial sweeteners. Stevia is a natural alternative (although it seems to give me headaches). I sometimes have a smart water or a flavored water from a health food store.

If you wish to use water flavored drinks towards your totals I would recommend limiting them to 2 servings a day. Notice this is a recommendation and not a requirement. I would prefer you drink your water, a few drops of something is a small thing if it allows you to drink your 8 glasses.
  • JennyKCarty
    Options
    3/5
    Green- Yes
    Blue- Yes

**************spreadsheet updated**************
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Date March 5
    Green: No :( This is not typical of me - bad day along with bad choices
    Total/Goal: 0/22

Water: No (but I didn't good for me lol)
    Total/Goal: 0/15
  • kaylamcdougall12
    Options
    Date march 6th
    Green:yes
    Total/Goal: 5/25

Water: yes

Didn't make it out to the gym today. Going to work harder tomorrow.
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    March 6

Green: yes
    6/25

Blue: yes
    6/31

I have been really focusing on my water and as an added bonus have greatly reduced my diet coke consumption. (I keep thinking of giving up the diet coke, but haven't managed it yet.)
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    3/6

Total 5/28

Blue; Yes
    Total: 5/31

Again, no official workout - but squats, desk push ups, leg lifts, stairs, and high kicks. Also, had to try to walk / run the naughty out of the foster pups...I found out they have been on leash about 80% of the time for the past month - and spend very little time in the kennel....so life with me was a rude awakening. Anyway, after a good run/ walk the boys have settled in nicely so I'm hoping that carries through the night. :yawn:
  • Ksamprasa
    Ksamprasa Posts: 24
    Options
    Date: 3/5

Water: No
    Total/Goal: 1/25

Date: 3/6

Water: YES

Barely walked yesterday - it was too dark and then I gave up when a coyote ran across the street in front of me.

Walked today for 1.51 miles.
  • JennyKCarty
    Options
    3/6
    Green-Yes
    Blue-Yes

I've managed to create a decent deficit this week. I'm hoping to get my ticker to move soon. Measurements revealed an inch off my lower belly, so I'm super happy about that.

Keep up the good work everyone! :flowerforyou:

***************spreadsheet updated*********************
This discussion has been closed.