:happy: (me) - 21
    :indifferent: (The Binge): - 2
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    April 2014:

Me - 20*****
    Be - 2

Days binge-free: 0 :( << I want to get this back up past 2 weeks again!
  • manny1991
    manny1991 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    04/23/2014

Me: 15
    The Binge: 8
  • DianaAmorim
    Options

Diana_20
    The Binge_3

Days Binge Free: 2 (22 days without binging is a number to beat!)
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    4/23/14

me: 3
    b: 0
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    April 2014

Diane - 14
    Binge - 8
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    April 2014:

Me - 21*****
    Be - 2

Days binge-free: One day baby! << I want to get this back up past 2 weeks again!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    April 2014

Diane - 15
    Binge - 8
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    April 24

:happy: (me): - 22
  • DianaAmorim
    Options

Diana_21
    The Binge_3

Days Binge Free: 3 (22 days without binging is a number to beat!)
  • michellemybelll
    Options
    4/24/14

me: 4
  • sugarchic64
    Options
    michelle's in today april 24
    michelle day 1 I win
    binge 1
  • totaldetermination
    Options
    April 25

:happy: (me): - 23

I bought a small quantity of one of my trigger foods today while at the supermarket.
    I waited until I got home before I ate it.
    I ate it.
    Then I stopped.
    WIN!!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    April 2014

Diane - 16
    Binge - 8
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    banana.gif upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif banana.gif HAPPY FRIDAY!!! banana.gif upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif banana.gif

Good job everyone!! Keep up the good work!! A few more days left, have a binge free weekend!:flowerforyou:
  • michellemybelll
    Options
    4/25/14

me: 5
  • DianaAmorim
    Options

Diana_22
    The Binge_3

Days Binge Free: 4 (22 days without binging is a number to beat!)

I overate this day. I ate way above of my caloric intake should be, even for maintenance. I ate crappy food like cake and cookies. But I don't think it was a binge. Because I didn't ate all in one time until I was full. I ate when I wanted then stop, then ate agin later. I don't know! There are times when I don't know how to tell if it's a binge or not. Maybe you can help me to tell the difference in this case?
  • totaldetermination
    Options
    April 26

:happy: (me): - 24

After my successful non-binge yesterday - eating a small amount of a trigger food with control and moderation - TB had the idea to have another small quantity of it today. I could feel that is was a binge urge, and I said NO WAY!!!

YESSS!!!!
  • totaldetermination
    Options
    There are times when I don't know how to tell if it's a binge or not. Maybe you can help me to tell the difference in this case?

For me, its the urge to eat that has a particular feel to it.
    Its not so much how much I eat or whether its all in one go, but rather the desire to eat that feels in a specific, recognisable way.
    Its a very strong desire, but at the same time not every strong desire has this particular feel to it. If I'm hungry, for example, that feels different. A binge urge definitely does not come from my stomach, whereas hunger does. Overeating emotionally, or out of boredom etc does not have the same feel to it, either. Though that could lead into a binge. So I guess the two could be combined.

For me, its very hard to be stronger than this urge, and avoid binging. So when I do binge it does tend to be a lot, and in one go - though it could go for many hours (or even days) and be spread out across that time. I don't like feeling over-full, so even when I'm binging I will stop as soon as I feel full, but then once there is more space in my stomach I will continue eating.

For me, a binge urge does not go away after you eat - the urge is still there, exactly as it was before eating. The fact that I have eaten doesn't satisfy it at all. I could keep going and going.

Also, I would only consider something a binge if I was eating without being in control. So if I can feel the urge but I have one mouthful and stop then I (probably) wouldn't call that a binge.

On the other hand, I might eat a lot and not call it a binge, either - If its not coming from this urge. Then the following day I might eat exactly the same but this time call it a binge because my eating was coming from this strong urge.

I hope that helps !

I should add that this is very much my experience and my definition. I have never actually spoken to anyone about it, so I don't know what others would say.
This discussion has been closed.