APRIL 2014 - Move Your @SS Challenge

Options

Replies

• scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    6.6 mile trail run today. This was a race, I wish I had closer options to do more of it. I think I prefer trails over running the neighborhood roads

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    April 6: 8.6 miles walking and cycling

TTD: 61.1 miles

exercise.png
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    4/1 - ran/walked 3.4 miles (it's pretty hot and polleny here today)
    4/3 - ran/walked 2.4 miles
    4/6 - ran 5 miles rode 3 miles

13.8 / 75 done!
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • lindyrbtsn
    lindyrbtsn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    APRIL 01-05 5 MILES

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

@319Sara - what great news! So happy for you. I don't think I'm in danger of becoming a vegan but I'm really glad it's working for you.

@dcmat - I thought decorating was more likely to be dangerous to the wallet. Sorry you're not 100%.

@scarfe - congrats on the race! I hope you can find more trail runs. Or maybe you'll get so obsessed you'll start traveling to the trail races. Stranger things have happened to the fitness obsessed.

@Dave and Dinos - have I ever told you guys how much I love you? Almost as much as I love Leslie Nielsen.

@Dave - It must be a reflection of how terrible my winter was here that I actually can understand wearing shorts and t-shirt at 51F. I usually like it about 80 before I take my jacket off.

It got up into the 60s here and I went for an 8 mile run down by New York Harbor and the Statue of Liberty. Really beautiful out! I don't usually do long runs on weekends (an advantage of being retired) so I had to dodge the crowds but I'm really glad I did it.

exercise.png
  • postolache
    postolache Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    4/1/2014 6.78
    4/3/2014 7.13
    4/4/2014 8.53
    4/5/2014 5.25
    =================
    Total 27.69 km
    Goal 80.00 km
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Adding 13.71 miles walking around London at the weekend :drinker:

exercise.png
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    4.21 miles walked today

30.98 miles walked to date
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    4/5 3.52 miles ran/walked with dogs
    4/6 15.87 miles mtb..and it was a beautiful day to be out and about! Mtd 40.91
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    4.05 miles - combo of a few laps at work and then walking outside trying to avoid the neighbors walking really slow ahead of me - the wife broke into the townhome next to me a few months ago so it's been interesting on this street. Had to reroute myself once, but got in the miles I wanted. Got sick at work early this morning and trying to find a place to puke with some privacy (twice) is nearly impossible. Taking off tonight just in case it's norovirus and contagious, I don't need to infect the babies. I think it's regular food poisoning since I feel a lot better now. Just hoping for once I see a loss on the scale, I've had food poisoning before and dang it, the scale doesn't budge :laugh: As sick as I can feel, there's always enough energy to jump on the scale multiple times.

exercise.png
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    April 2014
    April 6th Elliptical and walking
    Total: 23.4

Still fighting a bad toe, but it let up enough where I could actual walk for a while. I will be so happy when I can walk and then eventually run again "pain free"

exercise.png
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Weight day today. Did do a little over 3 miles walking while reading a textbook. This quarter it is Organizational Ethics, my last real class for my BS. The other class is filler and is outdoor activities so it mostly consists of doing stuff, talking about doing stuff, and taking pictures of doing stuff. Easy Peazy.

exercise.png
  • kathyflannery129
    kathyflannery129 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    4/1 10.9
    4/2 11.4
    4/3 11
    4/4 11.3
    4/5 10.9

total=55.2
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Update!

exercise.png
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    No miles today, as it is my rest day.
    HOWEVER, I did arrive in One-der-land with today's official weigh-in for this week = 198.5.
    I don't even have a clue when I left One-derland, and how long I have been away. Certainly is good to return!

[And I weigh less than my husband for the first time in years.]

My other good news is since I went Vegan [and no processed grains] on Feb. 10, my blood sugar readings have been diving low enough that my doctor has now lowered my diabetic medication three times. I am only taking 1/8 what I was taking for the previous two years. Wow, who knew vegan eating could do that? It also means I have NO problem staying at 1200 calories per day. and I'm never hungry. On heavy exercise days I can even have a glass of wine with dinner or a half Hershey bar for dessert.

Thanks to MFP for keeping me honest about calories. and thanks to Move Your @ss for the mileage challenge and accountability. You have made me realize I can keep moving the target upwards and still reach it month by month. Started with 40 miles in December and have doubled it to 80 for my fifth month.

Thanks a BUNCH !!!

Sara, that is so awesome! I love meat so would never go vegan but I always wondered if you could have good BG control. Up until a recent med increase even a small serving of boiled beans would send me well over 200. It is good to know that I might be able to safely increase my bean intake without having problems.
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    4/6 - 3.64 mile walk

exercise.png
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Well I just did a short walk.

04/01 - 8.5 miles biking
    04/02 - 12.0 miles biking
    04/03 - 12.0 miles biking
    04/04 - 1.0 miles walking
    04/05 - 11.0 miles stationary recumbent bike - variety program
    04/06 - 1.0 miles walking

Total: 45.5 miles

exercise.png
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Weekend miles

7.5 miles walk/run

exercise.png
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    1.07 miles on the treadmill......it was more but I forgot to check it when I finished an this was the last distance I remember seeing :(

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.