April Challenge

Options
likitisplit
likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
Are you IN?

Yes? Then let me tell you how we are going to do this:

- post your goal: this needs to be a BEHAVIORAL goal (eat under maintenance on a weekly basis) not an outcome (lose weight)
- tell us how we can see that you are meeting your goal (is your log open? Are you going to post on here?)
- how you are going to reward yourself if we win

This challenge will run from April 7 to May 6. I will figure out a scoring method this weekend to determine if we win as a team.

We are going to check in weekly and post our status (and any challenges).

We can make this fun with extra credit assignments too, but the focus will be on developing a consistent habit.

Replies

• likitisplit
    Options
    Goal: do at least one Convict Conditioning exercise six days a week
    Track: you will be able to see this posted in my open log
    Reward: I will get a pretty pair of shoes
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Goal: stay under 12000 calories week (1700 a day plus a bonus 100 for good measure)
    Track: I will post results. Anyone who I'm friends with can also see my diary.
    Reward: I will buy an item of clothing that is too nice to wear running
  • olehcat
    olehcat Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Goal: to stick to my calorie range 95% of the time. My diary is open to friends.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Goal: To keep at maintenance level calories (weekly), not more, during half marathon training
    Track: Accurate logging and not going over
    Reward: A massage
  • kekeleeks
    kekeleeks Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Goal: to walk 80,000 steps a week!
    Track: You can find it in my log under exercises
    Reward: A new pair of rocking shoes
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Goal: keep net calories under 1600 a day and my total daily calories under 2000.
    Track: diary open to friends
    Reward: a day with no kids

This is a tough one for me, being injured means my goal has to be food related rather than exercise related. Going to be extra tough because we're on holiday next week and will be eating out every day! But the thought of a day without kids will keep me motivated!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Goal: Get at least 30 active minutes a day *
    Track: Will report
    Reward: Samsumg S 5

* My company has a plan with Virgin Health Miles where you wear their pedometer and it tracks your steps and active minutes. I haven't really used this as I couldn't wear my pedometer at work and it was hard to put it on and take it off and not forget as we'd get in real trouble if it was accidentally worn when at work. I can wear it now. The active minutes is hard. You have to be moving quickly for it to count. Real running seems to count. Running in place doesn't. Partial minutes don't count (i.e. run for 40 seconds, walk for 20 seconds, do this for an hour and you'll still have 0 active minutes). So this means that I need to run for at least 30 minutes a day, or discover other options and do them, like perhaps jumping jacks. 6 sets of 5 minute running throughout the day does count though. The plan gives you a badge if you manage to do 30+ active minutes a day for 30 days. No one can see this badge but me, but it's an interesting challenge and while I don't need a new phone, I want one, and this one even has a heart monitor built in!
  • Nancy33333
    Nancy33333 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Goal: Get a minimum of 5000 steps in per day (i.e., no day falls below that) and get three 10000 step days per week
    Track: Will report. If anyone knows how to get FitBit to post this, I'm open to that.
    Reward: I'm not a reward-focused person. Probably because I just let myself have what I want. The satisfaction of doing it will be enough.

Comment: just went through two months of data: I have not achieved this goal once. I've had 15,000 days and some 200 days (must have left it at home). But I really want a minimum of 5000 per day. That will be harder than the three 10000 days.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Goal: Meet my monthly mileage challenge (85 miles) by running at least 4 times per week.
    Tracking: My miles will be on this web site: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkmK3myW0PepdGVJNW91R05zN2F0WTF1R1NqbjFTZVE#gid=1
    Reward: Better conditioning and better performances at my races. Maybe I will eat a piece of cake too.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I think the way I'm going to do this is award one point per week for each person completing their challenge. If we, as a group, earn 90% of our points by May 16th, we will have earned our rewards. This provides enough leeway for a couple of us to have an "oops" but not enough for everybody to blow off a week.

If you are sick or injured, I'd be open to awarding half points, but we are all busy and over-committed. That's why we're doing this.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Goal: Complete 4 weeks of C25k by running 3x a week, also kickboxing at least 1 day a week.
    Tracking: It'll be on my diary
    Reward: Knowing I'll be able to run more of the ROC Race in June.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Goal: Get my weights set out of the temporary (2 month!!) storage they were in and begin lifting 3x per week again.
    Tracking: I will post here, friends will see it on my status updates.
    Reward: Being stronger again.... it helps to handle my motorcycle and hopefully the weather will be warm enough to ride again soon!
  • AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Goal: Do 3 miles of walking every weekday.
    Track: I track it through mapmywalk which posts to my feed (publicly)
    Reward: The accessories that go to the bike I want. (Helmet, pads of all sorts, waterbottle holder thing)
  • badwolfIO
    badwolfIO Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time deciding between two goals. I think I'll choose something a little easier for me because I'm trying to work out the pain in my hips. I've been slacking a bit on my runs and putting them off (a day here or there)

Goal: 3 runs per week AND 4 walks. Specifically: two 3km runs, one 5km run AND 4 dog walks (rain/snow or shine)
    Track: It will be in my diary, but I'll also post the exact days here.
    Reward: new running socks. Something other than a Walmart pair.
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options
    Goal: 3 runs per week, 2 Pilates sessions per week
    Track: It'll be in my diary (visible to friends), and I'll post here too.
    Reward: Pedicure!
  • badwolfIO
    badwolfIO Posts: 74 Member
    Options

I'm saving the Pedicure for after the new socks!!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Goal: Get at least 30 active minutes a day *
    I need to alter my goal to better fit my life. I didn't get 30 active minutes today (yes, I know it hasn't started yet, but this was an experiment). Because I was 1) on my feet all day and 2) the dogs were crated most of the day, I didn't see the point of trying to get active minutes in other than getting a badge on the computer. A virtual badge is just not that big a deal. I wouldn't be doing it for my health as I think I'd more be risking injury then gaining anything by running tonight. It wouldn't be doing my dogs (in particular Colin) any good to crate him just so that I could run. So instead of running, both dogs and I took a long walk, which meant less stress on my exhausted legs and needed exercise for both dogs. So new goal ...

Goal: Get at least 30 active minutes a day or 3 mile run (if the stupid pedometer gets weird as it has in the past) OR
    get 12000 steps a day or 6 miles walking (if .... as above)
  • jenanon1
    jenanon1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Goal: complete 250 squat challenge by the end of this challenge plus some other strength stuff every day
    Track: will be in my diary as strength training
    Reward: buying a fit bit if I can afford it :)
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options

This needs to read 2 Pilates/Strength Training per week.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Cool. I'll be putting everything on a spreadsheet every Tuesday (starting the 15th) for Monday-Sunday. I'll post the group stats after I get everything entered, so make sure you get everything in by Monday of each week.