April Challenge

Options

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I completed my challenge, got my workout room put back together and did 3 weight lifting sessions.
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options
    Just got back from the doctor's. I have a chest infection. Was told not to run until it clears, and got chided for running last week. Apparently I aggravated it. I won't be able to participate this week, sorry.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the doctor's. I have a chest infection. Was told not to run until it clears, and got chided for running last week. Apparently I aggravated it. I won't be able to participate this week, sorry.

You are a trooper! Get better!
  • badwolfIO
    badwolfIO Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Pleased to say that I got all 4 walks and all three runs in this week! In fact, I couldn't do my 5km on the weekend so I moved it to this morning. The only reason I didn't put it off at 5am was that I wanted to meet these RAWR goals.

I've been trying to get this hip pain in order, and today the dr told me to stop running for the next two week. I was heart broken, but at least it's not forever. I was going to quit our RAWR challenge, but if it's ok with you guys I will alter my goals for these next two weeks and change the runs to fast walks. I'm trying to stay positive during this road bump.

Good luck everyone!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Pleased to say that I got all 4 walks and all three runs in this week! In fact, I couldn't do my 5km on the weekend so I moved it to this morning. The only reason I didn't put it off at 5am was that I wanted to meet these RAWR goals.

I've been trying to get this hip pain in order, and today the dr told me to stop running for the next two week. I was heart broken, but at least it's not forever. I was going to quit our RAWR challenge, but if it's ok with you guys I will alter my goals for these next two weeks and change the runs to fast walks. I'm trying to stay positive during this road bump.

Good luck everyone!

Hey, Doctor's Orders, you know. That's fine.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Ok. In response to our sick list, I'd like to throw out the idea that substitute challenges in response to doctors orders are worth full points. Please message me your opinion on this as I'd like to be fair to everybody...and challenging but also not encourage people to push themselves into injury.
  • kekeleeks
    kekeleeks Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sorry for not posting by noon. But I EXCEEDED my goal of 80,000 steps for the week!!!

Mon: 12, 436
    Tues: 7, 684
    Weds: 9, 883
    Thurs: 14, 672
    Fri: 13. 314
    Sat: 15, 329
    Sun: 7,913

GRAND TOTAL OF : 81, 231!!!
  • kekeleeks
    kekeleeks Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I had to haul *kitten* on sunday to make up the deficit, but I did it!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I had to haul *kitten* on sunday to make up the deficit, but I did it!

You are too awesome!!!!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    So far, everybody supports the idea of doctor-required challenge modifications...
  • ShannonKN
    ShannonKN Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Great job, all!!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    So far, I'm waiting on responses from 3 people. Everybody who's posted so far has completed their challenge - so great going!!!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    So far, I'm waiting on responses from 3 people. Everybody who's posted so far has completed their challenge - so great going!!!

Sorry Varda--yes I met my goal :embarassed:
  • badwolfIO
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the support, especially about the "doctor modified" goals.
    So my three runs will be out for the next two weeks (min). I thought it would be good to think about my modified goal:

4 - 30 min (minimum) dog walks (same as previous goals)
    2 - 40+ min walk
    1 - 5 km walk

I may change up 1 or 2 of the dog walks with bike rides. As long as the dog is getting some good exercise too. She has some winter weight to get rid of as well. :)

I'm feeling eager again. Thanks RAWR team for keeping me motivated!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Goal: Complete 4 weeks of C25k by running 3x a week, also kickboxing at least 1 day a week.
    Tracking: It'll be on my diary
    Reward: Knowing I'll be able to run more of the ROC Race in June.

I have to change up my goals. My doctor doesn't want any high impact exercises - so no running.
    Goal: Lift heavy things 3x a week, Kickboxing 1-2x - which I will have to modify for no jumping or kicking bags.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    If we ever do this again, I'm going to give bonus points for remaining uninjured.

Be good to yourselves, ok?
  • badwolfIO
    Options
    LOL @ bonus points!
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    If we ever do this again, I'm going to give bonus points for remaining uninjured.

Be good to yourselves, ok?

I second that notion! Stay healthy all, that's what it's all about :)
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Goal: stay under 12000 calories week (1700 a day plus a bonus 100 for good measure)
    Track: I will post results. Anyone who I'm friends with can also see my diary.
    Reward: I will buy an item of clothing that is too nice to wear running

I need to clarify one thing that I forgot to mention when I picked this goal, and wasn't an issue the first week so I didn't think about it. When I do my long runs I don't count any calories I consume strictly because of the run (gels, chews, Powerade, recovery drink, etc.) toward my 1700 daily calories, so I won't be including them for RAWR purposes either. I typically don't "eat back" my exercise calories, but that is my one exception. Last week I only ran 5 miles so I didn't fuel, but am planning on 9 miles tomorrow and since it takes me a really long time to run 9 miles, I'll need to take in some calories during it. My 12000 is still 12000, plus any calories I consume if my run is long enough to warrant fueling for it.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Hi Varda,
    Week 2 goal met. Ha! I wasn't late, this week anywhoo????