April Challenge

Options

Replies

• ShannonKN
    ShannonKN Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Goal: Now fewer than 3 runs per week. A run must be 3 miles minimum to count.
    Track: Endomondo will post to my wall for friends. I will check in here for the group. I rarely use MFP on a real computer, so this will be part of the challenge.
    Reward: pedicure

Caveat: I will be hiking/camping in the desert with students for the first week of this challenge. For safety reasons (staying with my students), I may not be able to meet goals for that week. I assure you that I will hike enough to make up for it.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I think the way I'm going to do this is award one point per week for each person completing their challenge. If we, as a group, earn 90% of our points by May 16th, we will have earned our rewards. This provides enough leeway for a couple of us to have an "oops" but not enough for everybody to blow off a week.

If you are sick or injured, I'd be open to awarding half points, but we are all busy and over-committed. That's why we're doing this.

That sounds good!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Goal: Complete 4 weeks of C25k by running 3x a week, also kickboxing at least 1 day a week.
    Tracking: It'll be on my diary
    Reward: Knowing I'll be able to run more of the ROC Race in June.

Week 2 day 1 of Zombies Run 5k app complete. Plus an additional 30 minutes of walking/running.
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Goal: Eat at no more than maintenance until my half. That should be about 1700 calories net daily+ exercise calories. And stretch daily!
    Track: My diary is open. I will log my stretching daily.

My reward: A massage! Oh, yeah!
  • jenanon1
    jenanon1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Goal: complete 250 squat challenge by the end of this challenge plus some other strength stuff every day
    Track: will be in my diary as strength training
    Reward: buying a fit bit if I can afford it :)

2 days done, planning to complete today too :)
  • kekeleeks
    kekeleeks Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. Have we started already? Or do we start on the 15th of April? And do we post our stats here?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    - we started
    - I will report out on April 15
    - update your status on this thread by Monday.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Walked/ran 2x this week.
    Kickboxed 1x so far.
    I do have a odd leg injury so currently resting. At least until tomorrow where it'll just have to gtf over it...
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options
    3 Runs: Done.
    2 Strength Training Sessions: Done.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm good, kept myself in range all week (calories), yippee!
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Kept within my calorie goals for the week, had to be a bit creative when I was on holiday but everything was logged.
  • Nancy33333
    Nancy33333 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Reporting in. Did my 3 days of at least 10,000 and then 4 days of 5,000. So I made it!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Goal 30 Active minutes or 12k steps each day. Turns out that getting the steps wasn't as hard as I thought.
    Active Minutes Steps
    April 7: 47 14845
    April 8: 53 17456
    April 9: 19 12342
    April 10: 37 11243
    April 11: 6 13472
    April 12: 74 15693
    April 13: 34 12132
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I was successful too! Goal was to eat 12,000 or fewer calories - total for the week was 10,639.

RAWR.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I completed six days of at least minimal strength training (convict conditioning) = met my goal

Please post your results by 12pm on Monday.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Great job, everybody who's posted so far. It's hard for me to find excuses when you don't :)
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Reporting in...Week one goals met! Stretching is good. My TDEE is higher than I expected, so my daily target ended up being 1830. That seems like a lot, but I managed to use most of it. ;-) Project maintenance in effect. RAWR!!!
  • ShannonKN
    ShannonKN Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Week 1 done. 4 runs over 3 mi, including a 7.7 miler today. I'll be off the grid for week 2. I'm bringing my running shoes into the wilderness, but I may not be able to get away from my students for real runs. I'm giving myself credit anyway. It'll be enough hours hiking with a pack each day to honor the spirit of the goal, if not the exact letter.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Reporting in...Week one goals met! Stretching is good. My TDEE is higher than I expected, so my daily target ended up being 1830. That seems like a lot, but I managed to use most of it. ;-) Project maintenance in effect. RAWR!!!

That's what I found too. I can hardly wait to find out what Laura's maintenance calories look like.

1830 is a good solid calories allotment that will give you ample room to get all your micronutrients in.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Week 1 done. 4 runs over 3 mi, including a 7.7 miler today. I'll be off the grid for week 2. I'm bringing my running shoes into the wilderness, but I may not be able to get away from my students for real runs. I'm giving myself credit anyway. It'll be enough hours hiking with a pack each day to honor the spirit of the goal, if not the exact letter.

These are YOUR goals and you planned for this at the outset. I've already put you down as completing the Week 2 challenge.