Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
I am so very sad that it takes so long for posts in this group :(

What happened to everyone?

..sniff... I miss you guys... sniff...

Replies

• MissBounceUK
    MissBounceUK Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing - I joined as I'm just starting out on the program and sad to see that there's not a lot going on here. :-(
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    It is sad. Not very motivating....

I finished week 2 today though. So far so good. I still am working on figuring out how heavy to go. I also find Burn Intervals to be torture :O). How are you ladies doing with it?
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I'm not starting officially until Tuesday, but I'm present! I'm doing a combo of Chalean, Brazil Butt Lift, and Turbo Fire. I have done part of it before though. I don't get to do Burn Intervals since I'm doing Turbo Fire, but I remember really loving Burn 3 and not liking Push 2, so we'll see if I still feel the same way!
  • ebowen79
    ebowen79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    HI All! Looks like there are a few of us here. Shall we try to make a go of it?

I started CE last year and made it through the first two phases and could never seem to get back to it. I started the program yesterday and am really hoping to see it through.

How are all of you doing with it?
  • LDeegirl
    LDeegirl Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am glad I found this post. I just started a round of CLX today. CLX is my go to workout when I really need to get in shape. It has been a long cold winter and I got lazy with my workouts and now am ready to get back on track. Today was Day 1 with BC1. I plan on mixing the cardio up a bit with Turbo fire, step workouts and running along with my 3 strength days. I would like to keep each other accountable. Lets do this.
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I'm in too - just started my CLX/TF hybrid yesterday.

This is round 2 of CLX, and although I never followed any form of program with TurboFire I've done all the workouts quite a few times.

Got off to a good start yesterday (Burn 1 & HIIT 15), but once I got home from work I had a horrendous migraine which led to me sleeping in this morning.

Aiming to get home and catch up with my schedule for tonight (Burn intervals and an abs workout... maybe Abs10, can't remember!)

Let's GO!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Glad to see everyone!

Yesterday I did my 3rd BC3. I'm doing the workouts in the gym provided by our company so I'm substituting running as my cardio.

I'm on the MWF/TuTh schedule.

So far I haven't lost much but I'm realizing I probably only want to lose about 5-7 more lbs and lean out.

I always seem to have great results with this program so I'm definitely tracking to encourage myself.

hugs to you all!

ps: Stephie - I get migraines too. the crazy weather has not been kind.
  • ebowen79
    Options
    Migraines are the worst...I get them too.

Completed Burn 2 today so tomorrow is day 4!

Are any of you following the meal plan? I really don't need to lose weight, I just want to slim my legs and tone, but my overall weight, I would only want to lose 7- 10 max. I find that I start overthinking and get really caught up in how much I should be taking in as far as ratios. It doesn't help that I live halfway around the world and just received 5 boxes of girl scout cookies!

Keep at it ladies!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    The meal plan I follow is moderation.

The first time I did CHX I was very calorie cautious. I lost a lot of weight but once I went back to having the things I like it came back on. I'm going slow but still enjoying cake, beer, wine, and not as many margaritas. Those things are black holes of calories.

Blend up those cookies in your protein shake and enjoy them like a Dairy Queen Blizzard!
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Week 3 Burn Circuit 2 done today.

I am not following her meal plan. I have found myself slipping on nutrition these last few weeks. It took me a bit to get used to the increased hunger from the program and I turned to sweets rather than healthy options. I am also a fan of everything in moderation but I worry my results will suffer in terms of the definition I will see. I still have 17 lbs to lose. These last two weeks the weight loss has definitely slowed but it seems like everyone sees results in the Lean phase.

There is a very active Facebook group for ChaLEAN (search ChaLEAN Extreme!) and they keep saying the ratio for macros is protein 50%/Fat 25%/Carbs 25%. I have my macros set right now to 40/20/20 and that is still a struggle with protein and keeping to my net on MFP. I am working on it though.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I just found this group! I am doing the CLX push phase week 2, in love with the program & have hope for the 1st time in along time that I can get my body back the way it used to be. Look forward to chatting with you all!
  • MrsKgettingfit
    MrsKgettingfit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, just found this group. Am loving CLX. Started 4 weeks ago, but only started taking measurements in the last 2 weeks and have lost 3" off mummy tummy fat since then!!
  • BeckyD1105
    BeckyD1105 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Going to start another round of Chalean Extreme tonight. Happy that there is some activity in this group again!
  • LDeegirl
    Options
    Glad to have more joing. Today I am doing BC2 and I am looking forward to it. I also would like to lose 10 lbs and am planning on tracking my foods and keeping at 1500- 1800 calories. But I know with CLX it is not always what shows on the scale so I am going to watch my inches too. I have also noticed the way CLX tones up the waistline.
  • ruby70
    Options
    Ldeegirl- that is a great reminder to not let ourselves get to caught up on the scale number. It is hard not to. I just did push 2 this morning, it was good & my shoulders are sore! I do my workouts at 6 am. How about the rest of you? It is challenging getting up early before work but worth it.:noway:
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    My workouts are around 1 PM during the kids nap times. It works out nicely because I do not have time to rethink working out because naptime is never guaranteed to last long (or happen at all some days) but I usually have an hour before anyone awakes or my three year old decides she is done trying to play quietly in her room while I think she is napping.
  • ebowen79
    Options
    I am in a constant state of soreness! It feels so good!

I did miss my Burn Intervals yesterday :(

Thanks for the replies about the diet. I think I am set at 45/35/20 maybe...I struggle with the protein too. I don't do shakes but am thinking about adding it. I need to find a good one. I'm living in the Middle East and while there are plenty here, not everything is available. Someone recommended one that has around 25g Whey protein. Any suggestions?
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I actually am not doing the workouts with the video since I do them in the building gym.

I don't recommend doing this if it is your first time around with this program but it's my third.

Preferably I do my workouts after 1pm so that the gym is not as busy. Going at 11 it's a fight since everyone is doing lunch break workouts.

I've also heard there is a dedicated 5-6 am crowd. I don't share weights well....
  • ruby70
    Options
    I do use protein powder, right now I am using a cytrosport muscle milk cookies and cream lean protein powder , it is a blend of whey and caseinates proteins ( I really like the taste)

I am still learning about the protein powder, I have heard a lot of people say Optimum is the best but it is really expensive!
  • LDeegirl
    Options
    Hi Everyone, Today I did BC3 finishing off week 1. Then this evening went for a 3 mile run for my Cardio. I bet I am going to feel that in the morning. I usually workout in the afternoons with CLX. I am not a morning person but it sure would be nice to get it done first thing. Like I said in a earlier post I took a few months off from working out since Christmas. So to me I am really feel the soreness. Which is a good thing. :noway: I am so happy to have this group to check in with. It really does help with being accountable. I am glad to have week 1 done.